main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Obi-wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Now that it's been confirmed that the ghost of Obi-wan Kenobi was calling "Rey" at the end of her Force vision (and was voiced by Ewan)... what could that mean? What will be Obi-wan's role in the ST?

2. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I can't see her being related to Obi Wan, particularly not after he saw how dangerous Jedi romance could be. If she's a Skywalker it's just Obi Wan keeping an eye on the family. If not, it's a slightly cheap bit of nostalgia. Maybe we'll get to see Hermit Luke and Ghost Ben chatting, and how funny would that be if nobody else could see him?

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope in the next movie we see Luke Chat up the force ghosts and have Ewan Play force Obi Wan!

4. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I too want to see Ewan as ObiWan

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Getting excited about OB1? We barely saw Luke!

nightangel likes this.
  6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    she is not related to OB1 and he has no role in this trilogy, except maybe some force ghost chatting. ;)

7. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

Wait for a StarWars Story Kenobi stand-alone movie, there's a big chance this is going to happen (2020?)

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  8. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

Good question and we don't know the answer....
    But, what we do know is that Obi Wan told Luke the same thing in ANH and that Obi Wan has a strong connection to the Skywalkers in general so draw your own conclusions from that...

Wildcatbarry and nightangel like this.
  9. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    I thought that the Rey audio was picked up from Sir Alec Guinness dialog from ANH. While still OB1 it was not Ewan's. Though we also hear some Ewan Obi-wan in there.

But considering the amount of time we got to see Luke, Leia in TFA, I would say chances for more OB1 are really slim. Maybe another cameo, or "the force will be with you, always" line to come on. But really Luke (and Han) will act as Rey's mentors so there's no story-telling point to have Obi-wan interact with Rey, unless she's revealed to be a Kenobi somehow. In which case Ewan/OB1 may have a role to play.

10. Little Ray Sunshine

Little Ray Sunshine Jedi Knight star 2

May 2, 2016
    As much as I liked McGregor's Obi Wan in the PT, I just do not think it belongs in the same scene as Mark Hamill's Luke. Its fine for him to talk to Rey, she is a new character, but just keep it her little secret. Luke can talk to Yoda if he needs a special friend.

11. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    They had both Ewan and Sir Alec's voice in her vision. Ewan had to come in an record dialogue. All they have from Guinness is "Rey".

Wildcatbarry and vncredleader like this.
  12. Lobot_the_Jedi

Lobot_the_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 30, 2002
    As much as I love Ewan and his portrayal of Obi Wan IMHO the tone for "force ghost Obi-Wan" was set when Guinness's voice was used in ANH and his force ghost appeared in ESB/RTJ as elder Obi-Wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.