main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

obi-wan lost planet

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by angel_of_the_force, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angel_of_the_force

angel_of_the_force Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    in that scene when obi-wan can't find a planet and he goes to the jedi temple to ask yoda about it and yoda asks his padawan and the padawan goes "master, someone erased it from the archive memory", is it just me or could obi-wan figured that out by himself?

2. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I think Obi-Wan already had the assumption that somebody erased it, but he didn't want to believe it. He needed a second opinion, even if it was from a child.

3. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    It's probable because it is should impossible to erase it from the archives. But a child thinks verry naive, so he thinks it's easily done... And it appears to be...

4. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    You're topic is not verry stirring.

Just notice, don't kill me ;)

5. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    It is a case of simplest answer being correct. Obi-Wan did not think it was possible. And noticed how after Yoda concluded that his first instincts were correct that they had a much bigger problem then first thought.

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Obi-Wan is also clearly a moron.

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    Obi-Wan didnt think it was possible. For it to be possible, a jedi would have done it. He didnt want to think about that.

The child on the other hand sees no problem with it being erased.

8. Penitus-Consero

Penitus-Consero Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    I agree. He automatically dismissed the idea because to him, it was highly improbable, if not impossible.

9. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    So do we assume Duku/ Palpatine somehow got into the archives and erased it? Or is there a traitor amoung the Jedi?

10. jedimasterlincoln

jedimasterlincoln Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    I imagine it was this little known sipho-dias which erased the planet, just as he acted for the council in asking for the army, without the approval of the council.

Unless dooku and sipho-dias are one and the same. After all, dooku starts the war just to help the Sith and Sidious.

11. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Or Dooku/Jango/Sideous/etc. killed Sifo-Dyas and used his name to create the army to keep the source from being traced easily. It's more or less revealed in LoE who erased the planet, but I think Lucas has said it'll be specified in ROTS.

12. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Something something the mind of a child...

13. brooklynapprentice

brooklynapprentice Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2004
    It was a stupid scene -- it makes little sense, and it makes Obi-Wan and Yoda look dumb. I might add one thing that has always bothered me -- are the Jedi keepers of all knowledge and wisdom in the galaxy? If Obi-Wan didn't find the system in the Jedi Archive, could he not have googled Jane's Complete Galaxy Far Far Away and looked it up there? You know what I mean? Dooku didn't erase Kamino from all human (and alien) knowledge, just from one computer system. I'm just saying...

14. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    ^ I believe this was intended to showcase the vanity and arrogance that had come to envelop the Jedi. Obi-Wan could have easily checked another source, but it simply didn't occur to him that the Jedi could ever be wrong.

It's a serious problem for him. I mean really, he walks in and says "it should be here" and "the actions of all surrounding stars say it is here", but he can't come up with the idea that the dot just isn't showing up on his map?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.