1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Speculation Obi-Wan Movie Possible?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by jkarateking, Mar 13, 2017.

1. jkarateking Jedi Youngling

star 1
    So Ewan McGregor did an ask me anything on reddit and he ignored every star wars question. So this could be because he is under an NDA from Disney and he will be in a future star wars film?
  2. Pro Scoundrel New Films Lawgiver & Casual Flyer

Manager
    star 5
    TITLE UPDATED FOR MORE GENERAL SPECULATION/DISCUSSION.
  3. CEB Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Excellent example of the truism "whenever a headline poses a question, the answer is always 'no'"

If Ewan ignored every Star Wars question, it could be because of any of these reasons:

1: He is going to reprise the role of Obi-Wan, and has been asked to avoid discussing Star Wars publicly until an appropriate time
    2: He would like to reprise the role of Obi-Wan, so feels its best not to discuss Star Wars publicly with fans because he knows he almost burned bridges a while back
    3: He gets asked about Star Wars all the time, and doesn't want to engage with adult Star Wars fans - he considers Star Wars a family/kids film, and he's not in it for the fandom aspect at all, and prefers to discuss the films about which he feels there is something of substance to discuss

Argh; edited title means this no longer makes sense
    Last edited by CEB, Mar 13, 2017
  4. Pro Scoundrel New Films Lawgiver & Casual Flyer

Manager
    star 5
    ;)
    EHT likes this.
  5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Most likely option - Is doing the AMA for TS2 hype and is currently in the mood to specifically talk about it and other indie-project-related things he's interested in. I mean, I hope it's #1, but I highly doubt it.
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  6. TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight

star 4
    Based on previous interviews I've heard of his the answer is not 2 or 3, but as Big Bad Yoda Daddy pointed out there is a fourth option that the AMA had a specific subject, and he didn't want to derail it by going down the inevitable rabbit hole of Star Wars. Since usually the least conspiratorial answer is the correct answer my guess is the correct answer is option 4.
    CEB likes this.
  7. CEB Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's me told.

Sounds about right, to be fair.
    Lulu Mars likes this.
  8. Lulu Mars Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    An Obi-Wan movie will always be a possibility :)
  9. The Vanguard Jedi Knight

star 4
    They could explore this!!
    [IMG]
  10. Darth Basin Jedi Master

star 5
    Obi-Wan sits in sand for 19 years watching Luke.......

Take my credits already!!!!!
    Last edited by Darth Basin, Mar 16, 2017
  11. Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight

star 4
  12. Lulu Mars Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The question is, how do we get Ewan to devote the next 19 years of his life to the project?
    Darth Basin likes this.
  13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There's no point in making an Obi-Wan film. He's supposed to be the errant knight watching over the chosen one – not some risk taker galavanting through the galaxy while risking exposing himself. The key to his mission is laying low...and that could only mean not using the Force as much as possible and not getting involved in other people's matters, as well.
    MrMojoRisin and Darth Basin like this.
  14. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Well, we've seen from Rebels and the comics that some threats have indeed come to Tatooine and endangered Luke. I think a movie where he not only had to save Luke, but ALSO had to keep his cover and not let Luke know he was being protected (in addition to not bringing Luke into suspicion from onlookers) would be an interesting story.
  15. MrMojoRisin Jedi Master

star 2
    I couldn't have said it better.