main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan Remembers Anakin

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by MotivateR5D4, Jan 9, 2016.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    This is really cool...

DaveyWanKenobi, Lulu Mars and solrdzm like this.
  2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Wow!
    To imagine him saying that Vader murdered Luke's father while remembering that he himself mutilated Anakin and left him to burn to death...
    It's never occurred to me before.

3. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Ben Kenobi couldn't "remember" these things back in 1977 because Lucas had been working under the premise that Luke's father and Darth Vader were still two individual and distinctly different people. ;)

That much is obvious from Lucas' 1977 Rolling Stone interview, according to which the duel between Obi-Wan and Vader ended with Vader falling into a volcanic pit.

4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    No kidding.

That's hardly relevant today.

Rellum Kire and Qui-Riv-Brid like this.
  5. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Well, it's relevant for an old fossil like myself who feels that the character of Ben Kenobi has gotten way more beating than he ever deserved in the first place.

Suffice to say he was a father figure for many of the 1970's generation.

Besides, Ben Kenobi did not kill or mutilate Anakin Skywalker - Anakin did that pretty much to himself when he turned into Darth Vader...;)

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  6. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    I like it, although I probably would have used less flashbacks, if I had made the video... especially at the part where Obi-Wan says: "He betrayed and murdered your father".
    I've always found that moment to be emotionally powerful, so it's a shame it's replaced by an action-sequence of Obi-Wan cutting off Darth Vader's legs...

7. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I agree. Had Anakin never turned the dark side and done Sidious's bidding, then all these tragic, horrible situations he created with Padme, Obi-Wan, and everyone else would never have transpired. That is not to say that Mace and the Jedi always handled things properly, but Obi-Wan, Padme, Yoda, and pretty much everyone except Sidious wanted the best for Anakin. He overreacted due to his fear of losing Padme and he made a deal with the devil.

8. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Exactly.

Doesn't matter now because the story is the story.

It's true. All of it.

Rellum Kire and Lulu Mars like this.