main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OBI WAN SABER QUESTION FROM LAST MEETING=ANSWERED!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Ok, I found the answer to the question that was braught up at the last meeting on why Obi Wan's new saber in Episode II looks the same as the one he lost in Episode I/or is it the same saber from episode I(he just went down the shaft to get the saber back).

I found teh answer on the master replica's web site(they are licened by Lucas to make the saber replicas).

Another intriguing aspect of the development process was the evolution of Obi-Wan's lightsaber from Episode I to Episode II. As Obi-Wan's Episode I lightsaber was lost during the battle with Darth Maul, there are a few subtle difference on the Episode II version to underscore that Obi-Wan built a new lightsaber modeled after the old one. For instance, the hero lightsaber featured in Episode I was machined in metal. However, the hero lightsaber featured in Episode II has the notably different look of a bright chrome-plated finish. These two lightsabers also differ in several small, yet distinctive details:

The pommel cubes on the Episode I lightsaber are square with small holes through them. However, on the Episode II lightsaber the cubes are more triangular and did not have holes through them.
    On the Episode I lightsaber, the three LEDs near the emitter have clear white lenses in the center. On the Episode II lightsaber though, these LEDs are chrome-plated.
    On the Episode I prop, a bicycle air valve adapter was used as a control switch, but the Episode II version of the prop featured a custom-made control switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.