main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OBI WAN.......SENILE???

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DARTH-BARRY, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-BARRY

DARTH-BARRY Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    How is it that in ESB, when Luke leaves to confront Vader, and save Han and Leia, Obi Wan says......"That boy is our only hope." and Yoda watching Luke leave says, "There is another."
    I thought in ROTS Obi Wan knew of the twins, and he took Luke as Bail took Leia.......Yoda was no where around right?
    So how can Obi Wan forget about Leia and Yoda knows of her???? He wasn't THAT old.
    Discuss.

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I would just like to point out there are several threads that already cover this.

Also the title is blasphemous.

3. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Unless you've read the RotS novel, or have been spoiled in some other way, you don't know what Obi-wan knew. So why don't you just wait 6 more weeks or so until you know the whole story.

If you have been spoiled, please don't spoil it for the rest of us by coming here and asking questions which give away what does or does not happen in RotS.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    he knew (or at least we assume this for this thread) but didn't trust Leia to be any good

5. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Leia was a politician. And we all know, thanks to the PT, how OB1 feels about politicians.

["They cant be trusted"]

CLOne

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Unfortunatly, I can't find a recent thread that covers this. Though there are ton and I'm probably blind.

Anyways, I don't think he believed Leia was up to the task of defeating Vader without going dark herself. Why trade one dark lord for another? After seeign her home get destroyed and her lover tortured, she wasn't exactly on the best terms with Vader and probably would've killed him if she could. In a heartbeat.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Oh, she definitely would have. Leia is her father's daughter. She has his quick temper and his willingness to do whatever is necessary to accomplish the ends he believes are needed. She'd be over on the dark side after about two seconds. :p

8. DARTH-BARRY

DARTH-BARRY Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    I don't care what threads have been made on this issue....this is my first thread on this issue, and it is not gonna kill anyone to discuss this. As for spoiling anything, it is common knowledge that Obi Wan took Luke, and Leia Organa was taken by Bail Organa.....it is in the OT, it is a known fact. I think some people need to get off their "high horse" and if you don't like a thread, then don't reply or read it.
    Those who responded with your theories on this, I thank you.....you are making a lot of sense.

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    (or you could assume nicer intentions and see it as a suggestion to find the answers you seek in previous threads. answers we might not think of today.)

"Leia is her father's daughter. She has his quick temper and his willingness to do whatever is necessary to accomplish the ends he believes are needed."

Gee, for a moment I thought you spoiled Bail's character here... "Leia's father"
    before I realized you're talking about Anakin :p
    in which case I think I agree with you ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.