main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan Tipping Off Stormtroopers

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthHomerSimpson1, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHomerSimpson1

DarthHomerSimpson1 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2004
    Do you think it's possible that Obi-Wan tipped off the stormtroopers as to whom and where the droids were purchased? That way if Owen and Beru were killed, Luke would definitely want to train to be a Jedi.

2. Darth_Mimic

Darth_Mimic Jedi Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Well, Luke is with Obi Wan during the whole time after he wakes up. Obi doesn't even seem to know the droids are on the planet until he sees them with Luke. So I'd have to say no, Obi doesn't sacrifice Owen and Beru and a huge number of Jawas as motivation.

3. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    how could you even suggest Obi-Wan doing that? That's evil as pychopathic. Obi-Wan aint like that.

4. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Lol. This made me laugh.

5. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    I've never thought of that before. That's a pretty twisted theory. It IS really conveinent for Ben how things work out, but sometimes life is like that...

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    how could you even suggest Obi-Wan doing that? That's evil as pychopathic. Obi-Wan aint like that.

He's not? Well, he did a lot of questionable acts in the past. He seems like that reckless type to go ahead and do something like that. But then by that time, I highly doubt it. He changed a lot from the days of the Clone Wars and seemed more at peace.

Plus, I don't think he would go ahead and deliberately put his "brother" to his death. [face_mischief]

7. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Well, it could be a path to the Dark Side, yet on the other hand, wouldn't it be a noble sacrifice on Beru and Owen's part if allowed Skywalker the freedom to train as a Jedi? I suppose this could be a case of "does the means justify the end"? It most certainly does in my opinion!

8. DarthHomerSimpson1

DarthHomerSimpson1 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2004
    Maybe Obi-Wan got pissed with Owen holding Luke back and had enough of it and so the only way he could see Luke becoming a Jedi and helping fight the Empire was by getting Owen and Beru offed.

9. Ker-Soth

Ker-Soth Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Or maybe the Stormtroopers knew, as everybory else did, that Jawas are tech scavengers, and decided to question the first Jawa tank-thingie they found close to the escape pod? Nah, stupid idea.

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    'So the massacre of your loved ones that I caused was just and true. From a certain point of view. Now be a dear and kill your remaining family member to satisfy my bloodlust.'

Don'tcha think a huge character point like this would be brought up somewhere in the movies?

And NO, it won't be in RotS :p
    'Here nice people. Take care of this kid. And pray to whatever God you believe in that droids don't show up or so help me...!'

11. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    That would be completely out of character for Obi-Wan Kenobi.

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Jawas were the ones who told the stormtroopers where the Larses were, not Obi-Wan.

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No, sorry. That's a pretty ridiculous notion. Obi-Wan is crafty, but he's not evil. Intentionally causing Owen and Beru's death would completely defy his character at any point in his life, but especailly at this time.

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. RedeemedJedi

RedeemedJedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2005
    Even the suggestion that Obi-Wan would do such a thing is horrible. This sounds more like something Vader and his lackeys would do. Old Ben IS A JEDI after all, so such a thing would be completely against his morals and his obligations to aid Luke and bring about the end of the Empire.

15. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    I completely agree, Ben had it in for Owen since day 1.

16. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Obi-wan would never do that. He wouldn't hurt Luke by killing off his foster parents (and many innocent jawas) just to get Luke off the farm. Ben even says "you must do what you think is right, of course". The choice is up to Luke leave Tatooine, just as it is his choice to train as a jedi. Let's also not forget that the Jedi are peaceful; murdering innocents to get an apprentice sounds more like Palpatine's way than the way of a jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.