main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi wan vs Qui Jon

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by IG_88a, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I don't believe it would have made much difference in the end had Qui-Gon trained him. It may have only delayed the inevitable. Perhaps Qui-Gon could have noticed Anakin heading toward the path of the Dark Side before Obiwan did and tried to correct it. But there are several factors other than Obiwan training him that led to his become a Sith, some of which we can only speculate for now. Anakin's age and anger were big obstacales. Not to mention his attachment to his mother. Remember, Qui-Gon was convinced that Anakin was the one who would bring balance to the Force, and was determined to train him and prove the Council wrong, no matter what. And if Anakin's destiny was to bring balance to the Force, it wouldn't have mattered who trained him. If Qui-Gon hadn't have found him, someone else would have. And with Palpatine wispering sweet nothings in Anakin's ear of how great he would become, Anakin was doomed from the begining. I would have loved to see how he would have turned out had Sidious trained him from the begining. Besides, Qui-Gon's record is not too good. His master turned evil. His Padawan trained Anakin and we all know what happens there. Then not learning from his mistake, starts to train Anakin's son. It's a good thing that Vader killed Ben on the Death Star or the Rebellion would have been doomed. Luke was even more likely to grasp the Dark Side than Anakin was. In the end Qui-Gon would have have too blind by his own feelings to see Anakin slipping until it was too late. No matter who trained him, Anakin was going to fall.

2. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    is destiny was to be on the dark side people

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Remember, Qui-Gon was convinced that Anakin was the one who would bring balance to the Force
    From a certain point of view, he did balance it. Only 2 Sith and thousands of Jedi? He fixed that!

4. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    hahaha! Yeah he sure did.

5. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    MY Point of View: Qui-Gon was a better teacher and mentor for Anakin (Obi-Wan was too young...)
    Obi-Wan was more powerful and wiser (IN HIS LATER YEARS).
    If Qui-Gon or episode IV Obi-Wan had trained Anakin, Skywalker MAY have never turned. MAY.

6. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    It's quite obvious Qui-Gon was right if some of you haven't seen it before.

If you want to look at it in a balanced perspective, there were way too many Jedi at that time. There was no balance, with thousands of Jedi around and secretly only a couple Sith at various points. Anakin eventually did bring balance, by wiping out the majority of the Jedi, and in the end there was only one Jedi remaining.

It may not be what people (or Jedi) thought would happen, but Qui-Gon was indeed correct. Anakin brought balance to the force.

7. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Wait one second. Yoda, Mace and Ki Adi, only said Anakins future was unclear, that he could be the chosen one,they never said he was the chosen one, or what the prophecys actually translated to, they were sceptical over training young anakin, and only due to his attachment to his mother. But Yoda and the council agreed that he should be trained in the end of Ep1. They were wary because Obi Wan was still a knight and not a master, not ready to take his first Padawan.
    Yoda: Agree with you, the coucil does, this boy, your padawan will become.
    You can't blame Qui-Gon for Dooku turning.
    I would of liked to of seen Mace or another high ranking Jedi take Anakin as his or her padawan, that would or could of been awesome :D

Lastly Sith_Lord21 what was that Ausie crack for? atleast spell it correctly, its spelt
    A U S S I E. and i'm damn proud to an aussie.

8. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Imagine it. Anakin as Yoda's padawan. They would absolutely, possitively, completely drive each other insane. It would be a good story though.

9. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Watchnig AOTC with commentary track on. Lucas mentions that Yoda never trained Anakin because of his age. Judging from what he was saying, it sounds as if all the younglings are trained by Yoda until they're old enough to become Padawans.
    He also mentions how it's never been heard of before of communicating with those that have passed on. (Qui-Gon screaming "Anakin! Anakin!") He said this will be explained more in the next film :D
    (I know, slightly OT, but there ya go)

10. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    /i Yoda, Mace and Ki Adi, only said Anakins future was unclear, that he could be the chosen one,they never said he was the chosen one, or what the prophecys actually translated to, they were sceptical over training young anakin, and only due to his attachment to his mother.

There was that small issue of fear and anger he was full of. And it was again Qui-Gon who was convinced he was the chosen one. That is why Qui-Gon would have had no better luck in training Anakin than Obiwan had. And the only reason Obiwan was allowed to train Anakin was because he promised Qui-Gon he would. He even mentions this to the concil after Qui-Gon's death. I'm sure Yoda knew Obiwan would train him no matter what and conceded to Obiwan. I'm sure Obiwan wasn't thrilled about it though as he didn't want Qui-Gon to train him based on their earlier conversation. "The boy is dangerous, they all see it." Obiwan got caught up in a dying man's wishes and it cost the Jedi dearly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.