Beyond - Legends Obi-Wan Workshop Beyond Challenge Updated 2/21!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. PadawanKitara Jedi Master

star 5
    These have all been absolutely wonderful. It is exciting to see new authors join in the mayhem. but I do have to single out KD for the best line of the night: bothersome blue bane of his existence

Loved it!

2. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I have time to play catch up.

First:

o_e - Yes, it is a little sad. Seems to be a theme with me lately.

Zebra3 - Thanks!

kma - Yeah, I thought Leia would have more trouble also because she's not so familiar with the Force. So many new things for her.

Okay, now to responses:

VaderLVR64 - Not only are you cranking challenge viggies out here, but you've also managed on the Qui challenge thread also. Anyway, beautiful work as always on all of them.

Drabbo - Sometimes you have a really twiaten sense of humor. [face_laugh]

Zebra3 - Wow! A very unique idea.

ThrawnRocks - [face_laugh]

Jedikma - Too bad we can't bring her into this. I bet we could have lots of fun. 8-}

Jade - Thanks for the PB! ?You mean you haven?t changed at all?? - I really liked that line.

Lady_Jedi_Carenix - I loved the imagery you painted.

K_D - I thought that was hillarious. Obi-Wan sending Han on all these little tasks, and trying to warn him about Anakin.

o_e - And you were worried?

3. Shaindl Jedi Master

star 4
    My offering...my thanks to OE for looking it over as always, and to Jade for patiently answering all my questions, since I didn't get much past the first Zahn series when it comes to the post-OT books. Any mistakes, of course, are mine. :)

Places Like This

?Strange how both times I?ve come to you, I find you in a place like this.?

The voice floated into his ear, a breath away. Han Solo looked blearily up from the drink he had yet to start into, his?he glared at the glass when he couldn?t remember what number drink it was, as if it was somehow its fault he couldn?t recall. Come to think of it, he couldn?t remember how long he?d been there either, sitting with his back to the room, alone with a glass of Corellian whisky.

He had never sat with his back to the room, especially in a cantina like this. His name still had bounties out on it, and he knew enough to be careful. But times had changed, and the times he lived in meant he wasn?t sure if he cared if he lived or died. Seeing no one, and consigning the voice to the multitude that seemed to have taken up residence in his mind, he turned back to his drink.

?You must care. You have three children and a wife who are worried.?

The voice came again, even closer this time, and Han?s head came up faster. No one. He ran a hand over his face, rubbing at the stubble that had accumulated since he had last shaved, three, four days previous. Personal grooming hadn?t played much into his routine lately, and he shaved when ? if ? he remembered.

Voices in my head. As if I didn?t have enough to deal with.

A chuckle ghosted past his ear, and Han turned his head wildly from side to side, wondering if his mind had finally snapped. He wouldn?t be surprised.

?Not a voice, and you haven?t lost your mind. I am a friend; at least, I would wish that I could call myself such.?

He had chosen a booth at the back of the cantina that was sunk well into the shadows thrown by the dim lighting. It was early in the evening, and few patrons were in the place, none of them near. Wondering if he was crazy, half-convinced he was, Han whispered into the darkness, ?Who are you??

The air in front of him shimmered, coalescing slowly into the shape of a man. Han stared, now three-quarters convinced that he had finally come unhinged.

??Unhinged.? A good turn of phrase.? The apparition leaned forward, ?But still no.?

A trembling hand pushed away the still-full glass. ?You are dead,? he said carefully, enunciating each word as if it would help to dissipate the hallucination sitting in front of him.

?Hallucination now? I think you?re beginning to run out of options, Han.?

Deciding to play along, if only to preserve some scrap of sanity provided by coherent conversation, he asked, ?Why are you here??

?I was drawn to you, as I was so many years ago.?

Han?s abrasive laughter was loud in the empty cantina, and the few customers turned around to look at him. He cut it off raggedly and the patrons returned to their drinks. ?Why would anyone be drawn to me??

?Beings of all types are drawn to you, Han. Why do you think-?

?Don?t you dare say his name.?

?Your friend would not want to see you like this.?

?My friend wouldn?t want to see me at all, especially since,? a hand shot out and snagged the abandoned drink, ?I wasn?t there to cover his back.?

He threw the whisky down, the burn of it shocking him. He had told Leia that he couldn?t feel Chewie anymore, than he was losing him more and more each day. His voice was growing more and more indistinct, the guttural noises that only a few other than Wookiees could understand receding to the back of his mind. It took a long reach now to recover those memories, buried deep under the layers of alcohol and pain and grief.

?Chewbacca deserves better than this from you.?

A snarl erupted out of Han?s throat, and his blasters were halfway out of their holsters before he realised that the one he wanted to shoot was already dead. Or a figment of his imagination. Eit
  4. obi_ew Jedi Master

star 5
    :_| Beautiful. You did an excellent job with Han. Even beyond death, Obi-Wan was teaching and offering comfort. :)
  5. Jedikma Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful, Shaindl!!!

You did a great job with Han. I wanted to cry, but couldn't help laughing at some of the lines. :D

I loved this one:

Damn Jedi. Dead or alive they're always cryptic

Love it! :)
  6. tangled_sphere Jedi Padawan

star 4
    VL! Shine was beautiful. [face_love]

I question the word of what is clearly an apparition that is probably the result of too little sleep and too much shaak steak,? Mara grumbled.
    [face_laugh]

Drabbo [face_laugh] Stomp, goodbye Ben! [face_laugh] You crack me up! :)

VL Oh, I really like the idea of Ben and Anakin watching over Luke and his family [face_love] Great job!

Zebra3 That was well written and I really enjoyed Alema's character =D= Glad you're here! :)

Alright, I'm looking forward to reading the rest :D

7. tangled_sphere Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ThrawnRocks That was hilarious! Ewoks hitting him with sticks...then an old Jedi Master from the past haunting his waking thoughts...Poor, poor Thrawn [face_laugh] Don't let the Noghri bite [face_laugh]

VL! Yes, I'm making that exclamation point part of your name :p I loved it! The description of the cloning process and taking his first breath and meeting Ben. So well done [face_love]

Jedikma Why is it, I?ve never been able to be at the right place at the right time?? [face_laugh] Great to see 'old as dirt' Ben giving advice to the young'uns. I also liked hearing his perspective on Luke's father! Very well done. :)
  8. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    Shaindl - That was beautiful and so sad.

Damn Jedi. Dead or alive they're always cryptic.[face_laugh]
  9. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    Great work, Shaindl. =D=
  10. CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Some great viggies here! Funny, serious, and everything in between! Obi-Wan's on the Beyond boards! Hooray! [:D]
  11. tangled_sphere Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Jade

Brushing back dark strands of hair, Kyp studies his beloved master. ?So who was this mysterious person??

Obi-Wan smiles with that mischievous twinkle in his eyes that Kyp knows all too well. ?Why, he was me, of course.?
    [face_laugh]

You had me guessing Jade, that was wonderful. I really like how Obi-Wan took him under his wing [face_love] Really enjoyed this one!

Lady Jedi Carenix That was beautiful :D

?Do the dreamers make the dream or does the dream call to the dreamers??

I really like how Obi-Wan guides Jacen in this [face_love] Great job!

KD [face_laugh] And Han wondered why Obi-Wan kept sending him on these 'trips!' [face_laugh] Obi-Wan was protecting him from an angry Anakin! :D

Poor, poor Han, I'm smiling right now! :D 'He may be the father of your grandchild!' I can just see Anakin's expression :D

12. tangled_sphere Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh o_e I like! [face_love]

His torture had altered him at a molecular level, shaping him into a person he wouldn?t recognize if he looked into a mirror

He opened up to Obi-Wan, [face_love] Are you going to continue o_e? [face_batting] You have captured Jacen and his thoughts so well, yes, the future I see hmmm... [face_thinking] ;)

Noi I'm so glad Anakin reached out for Leia but its both understandable and sad that she could not see him.

Not exactly a functional master and apprentice relationship,? Obi-Wan said standing. Their interaction is wonderful! :D

Really well done, Noi! @};-

Shaindl I can just feel Han's pain and wanting to numb it all. I'm glad a certain someone could come to him. Beautifully written Shaindl, and Han needs to know that he dishonors Chewie's memory.

These have been so much fun to read, looking forward to more! :D

13. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Time for replies! Weeeeeee! :D

VL: He assumed a look of injured dignity. ?You would question the word of a Jedi??

?I question the word of what is clearly an apparition that is probably the result of too little sleep and too much shaak steak,? Mara grumbled.

Ha! I think even with enough sleep and a settled stomach, Mara would question the word of a Jedi. [face_laugh]

?He looks just fine to me,? she said and then realized that her words could be taken more than one way. [face_love]

Drabbo: You killed him! Sort of. [face_laugh]

VL: Awwwww! Mush attack! Nice ending. I was about to point out that Obi-Wan and Anakin never actually made contact with anyone else, but then Obi-Wan touched Ben, and...oh well. :p You know, those two seem pretty chipper in their old age!

Zebra3: Wow, nice! I really liked how you added Alema's sister. Is it just me, or do people seem to forget Numa existed? I especially liked the bit about Obi-Wan being forever attached to his first lightsaber.

ThrawnRocks: Ewoks! :eek: Haha!

"Who are you? Get out of here! Why are you laughing at me?'

"I didn't laugh enough in my life," replied the man.

For some reason, that's insanely funny. So is that Noghri biting line! [face_laugh]

VL: Unencumbered by clothing, he resembled more a work of art than a man made of flesh and blood. [face_love] There was no audience to appreciate his perfection, and so he rested in solitude.

Now that's a damn shame. :D Okay, now you just raised a whole bunch of questions with this one. Who was that female scientist who spared the clone, and why? Did Clone Obi age to 35 a while ago but was just kept at that age through special processes? Answer now, dammit. :p

Kma: ?Sorry, I guess I must have forgotten that little detail. I?m an old man after all.?

[face_laugh] Of course I would find this funny. And Jedi Love Child - haha! Somehow, I don't think Han's advice will be any better, because I don't think Mara would be as forgiving if Luke kidnapped her. :eek:

Jade: Dude, nice story! That present tense thing is pretty cool. :D

Lady_Jedi_Carenix: :eek: Wow. Damn. That was incredible. First I thought of those Jedi Knight PC games, and then I thought of the Greek and Roman Underworlds, and all I can say is that I would love to see something more come from this! It's so mystical and intriguing.

KD: LMAO! Obi-Wan warning Han, that's so great. And Anakin all suspicious, haha!

OE: You're a silly old bat. That was beautiful characterisation of Jacen, and I would really love to see you do more with him. You should be proud. :) Now stop being so scared!

Noi: ?She looks so much like Padme,? Anakin said. ?Another angel,? he whispered in reverence.?

Awww. [face_love] What a clever idea for a vig. [face_mischief] And I loved the ending!

Shaindl: I'm not even going to talk to you, because I already told you how much I liked it and what all the really good parts were and how much I hate you. :p

And thank you all for the comments. [face_love] By the way, from now on I will be charging for plot bunnies. And if you start stalking me like Shaindl did, I'll charge for that too. [face_devil] Muahahaha!
  14. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Now that's a damn shame. Okay, now you just raised a whole bunch of questions with this one. Who was that female scientist who spared the clone, and why? Did Clone Obi age to 35 a while ago but was just kept at that age through special processes? Answer now, dammit.

The female scientist died, but who can blame her for sparing OBI-WAN? Have you seen the man?????? =P~

If I expand the story, I would explain that he had stayed at the age of approximately 35 throughout the process. They brought him to that level and then put him in stasis.

And yes, it is a damn shame there was no one there to appreciate nude Obi... But then I am sure someone would have yanked him out of that tank the moment they saw him. I know I would have! [face_devil]
  15. NenYim Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I saw this thread and liked the idea of bringing Obi-Wan into the Beyond. So here is this. Be warned, its a little odd...:D

To See a Ghost

The last thing she expected to run into was a ghost. Usually her trips to her X-wing were adventurous; she tripped over some fusion or cords, or ran into some pilots. Everyone did. There was just too much activity in the hangar bay not to be clumsy at some point. But today she'd skirted around a broken generator, and banged into a ghost.

That had never happened to her before.

The ghost was somewhat taller than she was, though he wasn't drastically enourmous. He was youngish looking, and had a braid coming off the side of his head. His slightly orange-brown hair was cropped short and he was wearing Jedi robes. Shockingly enough, there was also a lightsaber hanging at his side.

"Hi." she said cautiously. She wasn't quite sure how to talk to a ghost. She never had talked to one before.

"Hello, young Padawan." the ghost said courteously. "I am Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Her mouth dropped open in astonishment. The Kenobi her Uncle Luke had described to her had been an old man with a snow white beard. Uncle Luke had also said that Kenobi couldn't appear anymore.

The ghost smiled. "I see your thoughts. I have discovered that I can return: but only in this form."

"I see." she said for lack of anything better.

The ghost looked thoughtfully at her."How come you can see me?" he queried. "No one else seems to be able to."

"I don't know." she replied. A thought suddenly struck her. "Is it because I have Skywalker blood? Or that I am a Jedi?"

"Skywalker blood?" exclaimed the ghost. "Good heavens, who are you, my young padawan?"

"Jaina Solo." she answered. "And I am not your young padawan."

He chuckled. "That is so."

"Why are you here?" she asked him.

"To have fun, for once in my death. It is incredibly boring being one with the Force."

"Oh."

He nodded."May I follow you?" he asked hopefully.

"Of course." she replied.

She set off towards her X-wing again. As she reached it, she called for her R2 unit to get in. She was answered by a scared whistle. She saw that the ghost had floated pver, and was standing in midair, the R2 revolving around him.

"Put it down." she snapped. A pilot truned to look at her in surprise. She glared at him. He glared back.

"Stop playing with the Force, pilot, and let the R2 down." he said coldly.

"I'm not playing with it!" she objected.

"But you're the only Jedi here." he observed cuttingly.

She glared at him again, before hissing furiously at Kenobi. "This is not the time to play! Wait till I won't get in trouble for it!"

He gave a sad sigh, and the R2 sank back to the ground. "You're as bad as Yoda is. Worse, in fact."

She ignored the compliment, and headed to her X-wing. After setting up her systems, and locking the R2 in, she looked for Kenobi.

To her horror he had found Wes Janson and was apparently able to converse with him. This was not good. To her knowledge, anything involving Wes Janson and an idea for mischief was not good.

She feared that anything involving Wes Janson, and a bored, dead, Jedi Master would be worse.

She told the R2 to stay in its socket, and jumped out of the cockpit. She raced towards the hall where the ghost and Janson were headed at top speed.

Unfortunately she banged into someone on her way.

This was just her day for banging into people, she thought grumpily, as she started to apologize, while staring after the ghost and Janson.

"Jaina?" whoever she banged into said. "What's up?"

She looke up at the person in irritation, and then realized that it was the man she secretly liked: Kyp Durron. "Good," she said, "You can help."

She dragged him after her down the hall, pulling on his hand and yanking him along at top speed.

"Okay." he said good-naturedly. "What are we looking for."

"One dead person and another soon-to-be dead person." she informed him.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, grea. Now we're chasing dead people again."

She ignored h
  16. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    "To have fun, for once in my death. It is incredibly boring being one with the Force."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great job on this! I imagine a bored, dead Jedi Master would be trouble indeed.

17. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    NenYim: She feared that anything involving Wes Janson, and a bored, dead, Jedi Master would be worse.

[face_laugh] No kidding! Ohhh, and it was just one big K/J ploy. My, clever Jedi Master. [face_batting]
  18. obi_ew Jedi Master

star 5
    He gave a sad sigh, and the R2 sank back to the ground. "You're as bad as Yoda is. Worse, in fact." [face_laugh]

Very funny and cute! Extra points for using young leashed Obi. [face_batting] Thanks for joining in. :)
  19. Jedikma Jedi Master

star 4
    NenYim

Cute story! Ghost Obi-Wan causing trouble and playing matchmaker.

LOL I knew o_e would give you extra points for using braided Obi-Wan. :p

20. red rose knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Lovely, Noi, that was so touching and funny. :( Poor Leia, she will need more time after all she experienced. Loved it! :)

Bravo, Shaindl! :) Damn Jedi. Dead or alive they're always cryptic. Loved that line!

LOL NenYim [face_laugh] Ghost matchmaking! That was too cute.

Extra points for using young leashed Obi.

There she goes, giving out more points! :p
  21. Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    There she goes, giving out more points!

And points mean prizes. What do points mean?

Prizes!

And this week's prize is a must for any Jedi hounded by screaming fangirls. It's this detachable braid.

[/humph]
  22. DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    A little birdie **cough**VaderLVR**cough** told me that Obi-Wan was on the Beyond board! And lookie here, he is! =D=

All of the stories I've read have been great so far. I'll catch the rest of them when I log on the next time.

23. tangled_sphere Jedi Padawan

star 4
    NenYim That was cute Nen, poor Obi-Wan bored to tears, good thing he found Jaina! ;)

Drabbo What are we going to do with you? [face_laugh] Love the prize ;)
  24. PadawanKitara Jedi Master

star 5
  25. obi_ew Jedi Master

star 5
    Twinges of jealousy Drabbo dear? :p
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.