Beyond Obi-Wan Workshop Beyond Challenge Updated 2/21!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    NenYim - welcome! Whoa, that was weird...but funny! Obi runs amok! :p Great job!
  2. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    You Brought Me Back For What?!!

"Where am I?"

His question was greeted with a chorus of giggles from the trio who stood looking down on him. Lifting a hand to his throbbing temple, he was shocked to find a long plait of hair hanging from behind his left ear. And his hands! Holding them out before him, he was dumbfounded to see the skin was pale and smooth. Not the wrinkled appendages he was used to seeing.

"What?s going on?"

Looking up he found the brown eyed, brown haired cherubs grinning in delight. The older of the boys gently petted the lizard perched on his shoulder before explaining.

"We brought you back so you can train us."

"Back from where and who are you?"

"From the dead of course," the girl retorted, nudging the boy who had to be her twin in the ribs.

Digesting the news, he looked up as the youngest of the trio gently rested grease smudged fingers on his knee. The lopsided grin he received had the blood freezing in his veins. He knew that smile. Desperately searching their features he felt bile rise to the back of his throat as the horror of his situation began to set in.

"Who are you?"

Lizard boy ceased his petting in order to pin him down with a eerily familiar stare.

"The children of Han and Leia Solo. Grandchildren of Padme and Anakin Skywalker."

"No, it?s not possible," he whispered in terror. "This can?t be happening!"

Jumping to his feet he fled the trio as fast as his legs would carry him. Watching as the young Jedi vanished into the jungle foliage, Anakin pouted.

"Now what do we do?"

"He was our last hope," Jaina muttered in disgust.

"No, there is another," Jacen announced, his eyes gleaming with an inner knowledge. "Someone who deserves this sentence even more so than Kenobi."

Meeting his siblings curious looks, he smiled the trademark Solo grin.

"Qui-Gon Jinn!"

3. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    LOL - I'd have run away too if I had been him! :p Great job, OE!

Shaindl
  4. Jedikma Force Ghost

star 4
    LOL o_e!!! That was cute. :)

"He was our last hope," Jaina muttered in disgust.

"No, there is another," Jacen announced, his eyes gleaming with an inner knowledge. "Someone who deserves this sentence even more so than Kenobi."

"Qui-Gon Jinn!"

Yeah, punish Qui-Gon for once. :p
  5. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
  6. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Obi-Wan has finally learned his lesson!

"Qui-Gon Jinn!"

Now wouldn't that be justice???

7. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not familiar with the expanded universe at all and know very little of the NJO.

A big thank you to OE for looking this over. [:D]

A Dream of a Dream

It wasn?t your fault.

?I was responsible for training him,? he answered, perplexed by the voice that had no form.

You can?t shoulder the responsibility of another?s choice.

?It was my actions that led him to choose the path he did.?

Let go.

?I can?t.?

He stood in the open doorway of his small hovel, his eyes searching the barren surroundings. Sand reached as far as the eye could see. Another day on this hot wretched planet, another day to remember how he had failed.

The suns had risen earlier than usual. The heat from the twin suns bore down upon the coolness of the night?s sand, it didn?t take long for the temperature to spike creating a blurred mirage that danced just above the miniscule grainy pebbles of the planets surface.

Eighteen years now he had been hidden upon this rock. Eighteen years of wondering what had gone wrong, where his mistake had been. He had tried to conjure up alternative routes to the one the boy had taken but they always led him right back to where he now stood.

His mind wandered back to that fateful day. The boy had refused to listen to his mentor?s plea to return with him, or was it he that had refused to listen to the cries and pleas of a child who wanted nothing more than to know he was loved by someone other than his mother.

He raised his arm to block the glare of the second sun as it rose just a slight bit higher than its mirror image. Backing inside a few steps, he reached for the door to close it but stopped. Staring into the far reaches of the desert, he saw a figure coming toward him. Not being able to recognize whether it was humanoid or another species of this desert world, he waited. He stretched out with his senses, but was quickly rebuffed. Stepping outside his door to gain a better view, the suns suddenly shifted causing the glare from the sand to be too much. He shielded his eyes with his arm but it did no good.

He turned so the brightness of the suns was to his back. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes. It?s just a mirage, he told himself. Shaking his head in an attempt to clear an old hermits mind, he took a step to go back in when he felt something upon his shoulder.

Years of Jedi training was ingrained in every muscle fiber within his frame. He quickly turned on the intruder and grabbed the being from behind. A muffled ?umph? was all he heard as he pushed the smaller creature against the outside of his home.

?Who are you?? he questioned, his eyes searching around him for any sign of another.

?Master Kenobi?? the voice asked.

?I?m afraid you are mistaken, Master Kenobi died a long time ago,? he answered, loosening his grip slightly.

?I?m looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi, former Jedi Knight and Master to Anakin Skywalker,? the being replied, not deterred in the least from the remark the elder had made.

Stepping back, the hermit released his prey. As the character turned to face him, he gasped. Involuntarily, his hand reached forward toward the individual?s face. Sandy colored hair, blue eyes, and an impish almost cocky grin. He outlined the features, the tips of his fingers tracing each curve and dimple, just as he remembered them.

?Anakin?? he whispered. Jolted from his musings, he blinked several times and stepped back. ?Who are you??

The boy stood silent for a moment studying the man in front of him. He had been told many stories of this Jedi from his uncle. Offering a hand in friendship, he introduced himself, ?Hello, Master Kenobi, I?m Anakin Solo.?

Ben looked at the youths hand before hesitantly reaching out to take it. ?Solo?? he asked confused.

?Yes. You see, my mother was Leia Organa Solo, daughter of Anakin Skywalker. She doesn?t know her mother?s name.?

?Padme?? he whispered. ?Her mother was Padme Amidala.?

Ben released the boy?s hand. He gestured around his small hut silently offerin
  8. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    People have been doing a great job. :) It's all been very entertaining reading. ;) :)

obi_ew: [face_laugh] Poor Qui-Gon! [face_laugh] :)

Bekah_K: Very nice Anakin Solo/Obi interaction. I think you did very well. :)
  9. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    OE: - Digesting the news, he looked up as the youngest of the trio gently rested grease smudged fingers on his knee. The lopsided grin he received had the blood freezing in his veins. He knew that smile.

Awww, baby Anakin. [face_love] Did Obi-Wan also give a girly scream as he ran away? [face_laugh]

Bekah: Ooooh. That was almost chilling. Except for that part where Obi-Wan fell out of the bed. [face_laugh] I especially liked that part where Anakin told Obi-Wan to form attachments outside of his master. There was something very sweet about that. :)
  10. Jedikma Force Ghost

star 4
    Bekah_K

There were several twists in that one. :) I enjoyed that. You had young Obi, old Obi, time travel and dreaming. :D Nicely done!
  11. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    As I told you Bekah, I love it. :) The ending in particular was a wonderful twist. =D=
  12. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    Bekah Ooh, what an ending. Great work. :)
  13. tangled_sphere Jedi Master

star 4
    o_e [face_laugh] Oh, poor 'leashed' Obi RUN! While you can! [face_laugh] I can only imagine what went through his mind when he heard the words...children of Han and Leia...grandchildren of Padme and Anakin!

Qui-Gon Jinn! [face_devil]

Bekah

So many twists, I liked it! So sweet of Anakin to come and comfort Obi-Wan and know what had been haunting him those many years. And you took me by surprise with the ending. Great job! :D

14. tangled_sphere Jedi Master

star 4
    As you can see, I am new to Beyond, even though I?ve read most of these books several years ago, my memory of them leaves a?..bit to be desired. But I want to do this challenge! And o_e keeps intriguing me with Jacen ;) Well, I've moved into an RV this month, heading out to go travel nursing. Everything is packed up and all my books...went to my neice. :_| So I couldn't look up any of my facts. And I think this may have some *SPOILERS* for Traitor :p

Okay, this beginning is longer than my story 8-} Here's my attempt!

::Exile::

It had been easier than expected to break into the heavily secured building. Having nothing in his possession but organic tools and weaponry, the usual sensors were rendered helpless at his touch.

Jacen Solo concentrated in the darkness, stretching out with his senses. Yes, Jaina slept, he was certain of it. And he could sense her restless dreams of piloting and conquest.

She would be an excellent addition to the whole. The memory touched him as he moved closer to her, and felt her familiar signature through the Force.

And so much had changed since he last saw her. Jacen touched his face, feeling the recent raw mutilations he had inflicted upon himself during his lengthy 'conversion.' A bitter thought touched him, she won't even recognize me. For so long he had fought against the beings known as the Yuuzhan Vong, tempted by pain so searing he could recall it at will and also by ecstasy given to him after the pain had ceased. But neither had broken him.

And he had remained firm in his convictions against the Yuuzhan Vong until?He could feel his heart starting to pound at the memory of it. No, he wouldn?t think of it. Not until his task was complete.

?Please help me,? he whispered into the dark.

Jacen took out his amphistaff, tinged with the neuro-inhibiter that meant to take its prey intact. Once so foreign, the amphistaff now felt like a second appendage to him, added and forged.

As he paused outside the room where his sister slept, a low voice came from behind him.

?Your actions today, will effect generations to come.?

His reflexes honed to perfection, he turned in an instant moving his amphistaff to destroy whatever was behind him. The circular swing was stopped abruptly, as he saw a shimmering form, a mere apparition, watching him curiously from across the hall.. And as he gazed upon the elderly figure, he felt no animosity, only compassion shining through those translucent eyes.

Jacen paused before the figure. ?You know why I am here.? It was not a question. He knew at his core that this being knew him and his purpose.

?Your plea did not fall on deaf ears, my friend.?

Jacen glanced back to the door. ?I have to do this.? And, yes, Jacen thought, Nom Anor insisted upon this. Assimilate the other Jedi, starting with his sister. How better to test the strands of loyalty that had been threaded throughout his body and will.

?The man that is Jacen Solo still exists. They could not take that away.? The shadowy form moved closer to him.

Jacen did not know why he felt suddenly threatened. ?Stay away,? he warned. ?I have no choice.?

No choice.

He had remained firm in his beliefs and knew he had won until that fateful day that Nom Anor had come to him. Had found him on Coruscant. And had taken away his connection to his captors. The connection he had felt since he had come to the Yuuzhan Vong, and he had not realized how much he had come to rely on his ability to contact the other beings and move within their world. He did not realize what exile would mean:

Emptiness, Nothingness, The Abyss.

But Nom Anor had taken him back. Welcomed him back. And under the threat of further exile, he had ordered Jacen to complete his current task.

The voice spoke to Jacen again in the silence. ?You will have to decide, Jacen. She will take you back. The bond you share with Jaina can never be broken.? The shadowy form moved to touch
  15. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    NenYim - Very cute!

o_e

The lopsided grin he received had the blood freezing in his veins. He knew that smile. Desperately searching their features he felt bile rise to the back of his throat as the horror of his situation began to set in.[face_laugh] - I'd run away to. Let Qui-Gon take a turn.

Bekah_K

Wow, Obi having a dream that he was old and Anakin traveled from the past to see him. I think he'll have to think on that one for a while. ;)
  16. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    ts awwwwww!!!! :) That was sweet! Loved that Obi could convince Jacen to do what was right. Great job! =D=

First you blame me for your interest in Xan, and now Jacen? :p

edit: Forgot to give you bonus points for using Jacen! [face_batting]
  17. tangled_sphere Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought we agreed that it's all your fault! :mad: ;)

Thanks for reading! :D
  18. Jedikma Force Ghost

star 4
    t_s

Nicely done! :) It's good that Obi-Wan could help Jacen. And it's good to get bonus points from o_e ;)
  19. tangled_sphere Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Jedikma :D Now do I get points even though I used old shimmering blue Obi-Wan? [face_batting]

20. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    Such a fluid style, ts! That was beautiful. :)
  21. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, catching up a bit finally...

Thank you to everyone for their lovely comments about my little offering. Especially Kitara who managed to single out the phrase that sent me to the thesaurus to develop even remotely properly.

OE That first one was creepy. In a good way mind you. Still... Forces self to not start looking over shoulders and into corners. You're getting close to making me start reading EU to be able to understand the references better. Hmmmm... Attempts to resist temptation until more time is available for reading so as not to cut into writing time. And I too loved the use of movie lines.

Now, your second one with the three Solo kids bringing Obi-Wan back to life is just too funny for words. What happened to "A Jedi does not know fear." Obi-Wan? No, to tell the truth I think if I was faced with those three I'd run too.

Master_Noi ?Not exactly a functional master and apprentice relationship,? Obi-Wan said standing. LOL! I always said Obi-Wan was the type to have a gift for understatement. I loved that last interchange as well.

Shaindl Oh excellent. Though I am surprised at you, creating an AU in which Chewie has died. How could you! [face-silly]

NenYim Odd = good. Poor bored Obi-Wan. Though the thought of all the mischief that could be caused by a practical joker who can use the Force is as alarming as it is amusing...

Bekah Waaaaahhh. I don't like it when they end up turning out to be heading for Naboo. But I really liked the whole vision within a dream kind of thing. Very nicely done. And I loved the idea of Han as a wise father. =D=

T-S Yipes! I'm glad Obi-Wan was there to convince Jacen not to do what I think you were saying he was thinking about doing. Scary! I'm not sure I do want to read those EU novels after all now.... Very well done.

KD
  22. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    t_s- Don't know how I missed yours the first time. But anyway, glad Obi was there for Jacen.
  23. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    KD, you're so right! How could I even possibly think Chewie had died? Stupid of me, no? :p

TS, that was lovely. Though I have no knowledge of the EU, I have a much better sense now. Amazing how you were able to communicate such backstory in such a short space. :) Great job!
  24. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    My Yesterday

(Okay, this is my second crack at the ?Beyond? challenge. I actually scrapped my first attempt, something I usually never do because I?m lazy. So I hope you?re happy, o_e. This made me work!)

PG

Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me.

Obi-Wan awakens to a vastly different Universe. A complete AU.

Now I?m not familiar with the Universe post-ROTJ so bear with me. I think I made a few things up. :D

------
    He was awake. He could feel his mind shifting through the lazy, vacuous fog, attempting to emerge from the unstable drift of dream-thought. Slowly, he was awake, and with that cognizance came the grind of a headache. The pain seeped down his neck to his shoulders, deep to his bones. He knew what had caused the discomfort, although it was not a situation he was very familiar with. Jedi rarely had the opportunity to oversleep.

In any case, he knew the cure, too. Circulation, movement. The very notion tempted his brain to slip into the nothingness again. But he had better reason to rouse himself?he needed to know where he was.

His eyes felt swelled. He would wait to open them and allow his memory to supply his current location. With an unusually constricted intake of breath, he waded through the murk, searching for the events leading up to his languorous slumber. His head was packed with layers of insulation. Everything came fuzzy. But eventually, his last coherent recollection did come.

The wall had been white. He was sure it had been white when he entered the room. He didn?t understand how in the small space between his arrival and the unfolding moment the stark color had dirtied to a dingy gray. More peculiar, the darker shade only appeared in scattered spots. Vibrating spots.

Obi-Wan blinked, looking with a sharpened focus. It was getting grayer. There were shadows creeping up every edge.

He didn?t know why it should alarm him so. Far worse things were happening on Meyhla. Horrendous things were happening at the very hospital in which he sat. But that was different. Plagues cropped up from the ground. They were as old and incurable as Time itself.

But walls didn?t change color. And they sure as hells didn?t move.

?Padawan,? A voice called, from off to his side, ?Lay back down. Please.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes ambled over to his Master?s face. It was gray. ?I?m alright.? He grimaced. He had forgotten how much it hurt to speak now.

The man?s stoic expression eased?even softened. ?I know. But I would feel better if you?d lie down. Please, Padawan.?

?Yes, Master.? He acquiesced, partly out of duty, partly because his body was trembling. He rested his head against the single, flat pillow. The sudden movement left him reeling and struggling to recover.

?Obi-Wan??

?I?m?I?m okay.? The younger Jedi assured, hand clamped to his head. His lungs were working furiously and he couldn?t stop the lightening torrent of cold breath. A warm touch descended, to travel his temple. It was so comforting he could ignore the slight tremble of those roughhewn fingers. ?Master??

?Yes, my Padawan?? Qui-Gon replied quietly.

His world teetered on a pedestal. Obi-Wan covered his eyes. ?When?when will it start??

It would have seemed the wrong question to ask, but under the circumstances, it was the only option. There was no alternative. For Obi-Wan and thousands across the anguish-riddled world of Meyhla, it would never stop.

But an unmatched agony would begin, once the dizziness had run its course. The Jedi had been briefed on the terrible cycle of the disease, prior to their departure from Coruscant. First came the nausea, then the lightheaded sensations and severe imbalance. The final stage was composed of fevered pain. There were horror stories floating through the halls of death cries so awful, the core of the planet would shudder under their weight.

Then there was release. Ultimate release. Of all the things Master and apprentice spoke of in the tiny cube, they had never mentioned that.

Obi-Wan wanted to address it. He couldn?t stand that it cloyed aroun
  25. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    :( :_| It was sad and I had tears in my eyes reading Qui's letter to Obi-Wan...

That was wonderful LE! You did a fantastic job with this. I don't have the words to express how amazing this is. :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.