Beyond - Legends Obi-Wan Workshop Beyond Challenge Updated 2/21!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. obi_ew Jedi Master

star 5
    Leandrastar2000 :) That was lovely. I could see Mara being a descendant of Obi-Wan's. She has his strength.
  2. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    The Talk
    By
    Lady-Kenobi

The young girl's hazel eyes stared into the blue-gray eyes of her grandfather.

"So tell me again how did our family get into this mess, Granddaddy."

The man ran his fingers through his snow white hair and sighed.

"Your Grandmother was a Senator in the Old Republic and my Padawan and I were assigned to protect her. I had been in love with your Grandmother from the moment I saw her, when she was Queen of Naboo and I was a Jedi Apprentice."

"That's all sweet and wonderful, but why does this guy want to kill all of us."

"You are as impatient as your father. Just sit back and I'll tell you."

The old man continued his story.

"My Padawan..."

"Anakin Skywalker.", The girl interupted.

"Yes, now let ME tell the story not YOU!" He scowled.

"Sorry, Granddaddy."

"Anakin was also in love with your Grandmother. In fact when he was nine-years-old he swore he marry her some day. But I was the man of her dreams not him and it made him wild with jealousy. He even raped her while they were on Tatooine, visiting his and also my family."

"So we're related to that monster." Jaina asked Ben.

"In a way", He replyed. "His mother married my uncle, so he and I were step-cousins through marriage."

"He never knew that I had married your Grandmother not once but twice while on Naboo. The first time at a holy shrine near the Botanical Gardens at Theed, before the Battle of Genocius and a week or so later in front of family at Varykino, before the start of The Clone Wars."

"Ya gotta admit Gramps that's kinda romantic." She sighed.

"Yes it was. A few days later we found out your Grandmother was expecting a baby. We knew that if he was a boy, there would be trouble."

"What kind of trouble?"

"I was called "The Chosen One-Slayer of The Sith". I was the Knight with the purest heart and truest spirit and Champion of The Jedi, that meant if the Sith sould rise again it would be my destiny to fight them. If I had another son, he would be the heir to my power. I told your Grandmother this and we both agreed to say that this child was Anakin's son to protect the child that we would have one day."

"So you lied that Uncle Qui was Skywalker's son to protect Uncle Luke."

"Yes if Luke's existance was know to the Sith, they would kill him before he achieved his destiny."

"Didn't Uncle Luke kill Anakin."

"Yes, when he saw I was in trouble during the duel I was having with Vader, he took the lightsaber from his belt and ran Vader through before Vader had a chance to slice me into two."

"So why does theis guy want to kill all of us, Grandaddy?"

"I was getting to that, Granddaughter."

"Vader had a son, Aric by a woman named Varse', who in fact looked just like your Grandmother. Aric or Lord Vader, as he was now called after the death of his father, swore that the Kenobis would pay for what they done. A few years later he tried to convince your uncle that they were brothers and to turn to the Darkside."

"But Uncle Luke was too smart." Jaina smirked.

"Actually he believed Vader's lie for awhile until Yoda told him to truely serch his feelings. Then he went to the Second Death Star, lied to Vader that he believed that Anakin Skywalker was their father, and wanted to overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy together."

"But the Emperor knew that Uncle Luke was lying and told Vader to kill him, but Vader was sick and tired of being his lap dog and thew him down the reactor pit. Then Luke cut him in two and then the two of you escaped."

"Once again who is telling this story ME OR YOU!"

"You Gramps."

"Yes, well let me finish it up. The Empire was destroyed, your parents married, but we are not living happily ever after. Lord Vader the Younger had a son and I believe that that was the man you, Jacen and Bail met in the allyway."

Jaina couldn't beleive this.

"So he is vowing revenge on the Kenobis and the Solos for what we did to his grandfather and father?"

Ben looke
  3. obi_ew Jedi Master

star 5
    Very interesting tale he had for her. :)
  4. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
  5. dianethx Jedi Master

star 6
    And Diane runs in again - late as always....
    Title: Committee Meeting
    author: dianethx
    Summary: Ben Kenobi forget to mention something to Luke about the Jedi Code.
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade, Ben Kenobi, others
    Notes: for the Beyond challenge; I'm experimenting....again.

"Skywalker..."

Only Jade could put such meaning into a single word - the impatient growl of exasperation, a subtle hint of passion too long withheld, breathy sensual desire now rising on that last ringing syllable. Oh, but she was good.

Luke's throaty "Hummmm?" sounded lazy in the darkened room or perhaps that was because he was concentrating on more important things at the moment, like nibbling at the soft patch behind her left ear. The one that could always drive her crazy with longing. The one that made her forget where she was. The one that..

"Skywalker, ah... could you go a little faster?"

Yes, the impatience was rising quickly but Luke just chuckled into her warm skin. "I thought you wanted me to take it slowly tonight, Jade."

The ardent growl that followed let him know that he had misjudged her in that regard. "You should know that I've been waiting for this for a very long time." As he whispered kisses down the column of her throat, she sighed with pleasure, "Ah, that's good. Hummm, yes, there."

He snickered at her instructions; never shy about what she wanted, their entire relationship had been one of intensity and passion, even when she had first met him those many years ago. And yet he couldn't believe that they were here, just married and about to make love for the first time. Oh, he was very much looking forward to that.

She nuzzled into his hair, her warmth making him shiver with desire. "Perhaps Master Skywalker, I'll keep you after all."

A quick laugh and, tantalizing, taunting and thoroughly enjoying her attention, he whispered into her ear, "Call me Luke, Mara." The back of his hand skimmed her face, promising of things to come. "If you want something, I'm just Luke."

And then his hand moved elsewhere and she began to protest, "Skywalker, please.... oh, yes, there. Ah..."

"Say my name... say it." Intense, demanding, his eyes would brook nothing but her compliance in this.

The protesting growl changed to one of longing - he was very talented - and suddenly she breathed defeat, "Luke."

"Now, was that so difficult, Mrs. Skywalker?"

Her jade eyes flared bright, pretending to be furious. "Very! So damn difficult that I need to be rewarded for my efforts. More than once." And then she grabbed him, pulling him close. "Come here, Luke."

"My pleasure."

With that, the amorous noises of the couple began to fill the intimate space, joyous sounds of newly-married life that seemed to go on and on.

Until suddenly, a deep masculine voice rang out...

"Luke."

Skywalker had never seen Mara move so fast. One moment, he had been passionately kissing his wife of five hours, his hard body half covering hers; the next, he had been flung back, the sheets shoved aside and Mara was sitting up, unashamedly naked and pointing a small blaster straight at the shimmering blue visitor. Startled, Luke looked up to see a long-dead spirit, one he had not seen in many years. And thought he would never see again.

A wide smile started to blossom on his face, joy at seeing the old man once more. But, as he turned toward Mara to share in the exuberance of the moment, to explain that his old Master had returned at long last, he realized something quite extraordinary and completely unexpected.

Kriff, she had taken a blaster to bed with her! On their wedding night!

"Are you planning on shooting me, Mistress Jade?" The ghost's voice was filled with dry wit and just a hint of sarcasm.

But her eyes hardened into stone at his amusement - she had been married just a few hours and exchanging retorts with a dead man was not high on her list of things to do this night. Brandishing the blaster in his direction, she glared at him, growlin/>
  6. Opal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Lady-Kenobi That was very cute. I also thought it was neat getting a glimpse of what old Obi-Wan might be like as a Grandpa.

diane

Forbidden it may be, but left me with hatchlings you did.

LMAO!! [face_laugh] That was priceless!!
  7. Jedikma Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't realize it, but I have gotten behind. I'll have to catch up. :p

diane

That was priceless!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Whoo hoo! You got to mention Siri's name. Do you know that I was forbidden to do that??!!

Loved all the arguing ghosties and that Luke ordered all the blue ghosties out of the room!! :D
  8. Master_Noi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    leandrastar2000 - I liked all the advice Obi-Wan had for Mara.

Lady-Kenobi - Quite a story!

diane - That was hillairous!! Poor Luke and Mara.

Kriff, she had taken a blaster to bed with her! On their wedding night!

...she hadn't expected to be holding a committee meeting of dead Jedi in their bedroom.

Loved how Luke just had it in the end!
  9. obi_ew Jedi Master

star 5
  10. Koori Jedi Youngling

star 3
    OMG!!!! Diane, that was so funny!
  11. Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling

star 2
    This is what happens when you mix too much coffee with too much cough medicine... it produces utter insanity :p

Forced Therapy

"Let's talk about your feelings."

Obi-Wan Kenobi resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Is this really necessary?" he demanded.

"Yes," Qui-Gon Jinn replied shortly, pretending to methodically tap an imaginary holopen against an imaginary datapad in his hands as he pressed his lips together in a thin, clinical line. "It's vital to your development as a happy, well-adjusted spirit living as one with the Force, Padawan. So you might as well quit fighting it, you're not getting out of this."

A snicker came from Obi-Wan's left.

"Don't be so quick to be amused, Ani," Qui-Gon addressed the younger man with a wry smile. "You're participating in this, as well."

"What?" Anakin Skywalker cried incredulously. "He's the one with issues! What do I need therapy for?"

"Oh," Obi-Wan retorted, fixing his former apprentice with a scathing look. "Don't even pose that question, Anakin, it would take us all day just to get started on the answers."

Anakin scowled, and, deciding it was best not to let them get into another one of their tiffs, which were quite legendary for lasting longer than one of Master Yoda's philosophy lectures on existence after death- which was pointless, in Qui-Gon's opinion, since it was obvious they were all dead, and just as obvious that they existed, so what was the use in debating it- Qui-Gon cleared his throat.

"Let's talk about why you cut off Luke's hand, Anakin," he suggested slowly, steepling his hands together in front of him the way he'd once seen a psychiatrist do in a holovid.

"I was showing affection!" Anakin defended himself.

"Excuse me?"

"Hey, don't blame me if I'm emotionally challenged," Anakin retorted with a fierce shrug. "Look at the man who raised me! He says he loves me, and he pushes me into a lava pit! How else would I know how to show the kid I love him?"

Sweet Force, Qui-Gon sighed to himself. So much for avoiding an argument.

"Oh, that is just ludicrous," Obi-Wan snapped, bolting upright and at attention as he glared at his former apprentice. "I tried to give you my hand, and you wouldn't take it!"

"You were trying to kill me," Anakin shot back.

"Not at the moment!"

"How was I supposed to know that?"

"Perhaps because I specifically said 'Anakin, I'm not trying to kill you, take my hand and I'll pull you up to safety'?"

"You could have been lying!"

"Jedi don't lie," Obi-Wan responded shortly. "Besides, you were the one who went all Sith, Anakin. If anyone wasn't to be trusted in that situation, it was you."

"I resent that," Anakin declared petulantly.

"And I resent that you turned on the Order, allied with the very Sith Lord who'd been trying to do us all in for over a decade, helped bring down the Republic, and started the Jedi Purges!"

"I was just acting out!" Anakin insisted. "Deprived child here! Did anyone ever hug me? Noooo, you had to preach 'don't love things, Anakin, be detached, Anakin'..." he scowled irritably, blue eyes flashing. "Well, I got detached- and then you were all 'bad Ani, bad! Don't choke people with the Force' about it!"

"You became a Sith," Obi-Wan retorted. "And your excuse is 'daddy issues'?!"

"Yes," Anakin replied stubbornly, crossing his arms and lifting his chin like a petulant initiate.

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, throwing his hands up in the air. "And this is your Chosen One?" he demanded of the Force around them sarcastically. "Good work."

"Hey, I restored balance in the end, didn't I?" Anakin protested.

"After two decades of evil," Obi-Wan shot back. "Not to mention destroying the Jedi Order and killing your own Master."

"I knew it," Anakin cried, oddly triumphant and hurt at the same time. "You're still upset about that, aren't you?"

"I have no idea what you mean," Obi-Wan said smoothly.

"Yes, you do," Anakin replied, eyes narrowed. "You're still all worked up that I killed you."

"Well, can you blame me?" Obi-Wan snap
  12. JediMaster_Jen Jedi Master

star 4
    That was so cute. I loved it.

13. Jadeling Jedi Youngling

star 1
    These last three responses were a hoot! I was laughing so hard! [face_laugh] Great job you guys!
  14. agentj Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_laugh] :D [face_laugh] :D [face_laugh]

Just for all that meriment, I think I will go off and post something sad.... o_O
  15. Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling

star 1
    diane

LOL! That was hysterical! Poor Mara and Luke, I can't believe Luke was able to hold his temper in that long :p But at least Anakin showed up to fight for them, and then Qui-Gon, Yoda, Mace, Adi and Yaddle... Leia is lucky none of them decided to pay her a visit on her wedding night- good thing she hadn't done much training in the Force at that point, huh? ;)

Jedi_Jaina_Fel

I literally laughed so hard reading that, I cried :p There were so many hysterical lines, so many parts that had me rolling on the floor, it's hard to pick my favorites, lol.

"What?" Anakin Skywalker cried incredulously. "He's the one with issues! What do I need therapy for?"

"Oh," Obi-Wan retorted, fixing his former apprentice with a scathing look. "Don't even pose that question, Anakin, it would take us all day just to get started on the answers."
    [face_laugh]
  16. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    Thank you to all who responded to my story.
  17. leandrastar2000 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Just checked in here and found more great stories.

Lady_Kenobi's "The Talk": Okay, that was interesting, but a little confusing. I would like to see you flesh this story out and explain thyself a bit. :D

dianethx's "Committee Meeting": This was hilarious and oh what bad timing. Couldn't he have come along a little earlier with this little bit of news. [face_laugh]

Jedi_Jaina_Fel's "Forced Therapy": Issues, issues, issues. Poor Luke! Poor Leia! Han'll set Em straight. :D
  18. obi_ew Jedi Master

star 5
    "I'd say that boy is going to be the death of me, except he already has been."

[face_laugh] This was hilarious! Too many lines were my favorite to name just one. Great job! [face_laugh]
  19. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "The last thing I saw before dying, other than my son crying, was a cracked deckplate that I'd ordered to be repaired a good two standard weeks prior. The lazy technicians never got around to fixing it, the no good kriffing pieces of Hutt slime."

Snort! Ha! *****! That was too good, JJF! You really just had them let it loose, didn't you? :p Loved that they all complained about the most extreme things they had to deal with. [face_laugh]
  20. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    "The Talk" was the history of the Kenobi Family. Go to AERYN_SUN's Obidala/Sabewan Archieve look for "Twist of the Fates" and enjoy!
  21. dianethx Jedi Master

star 6
    Leandrastar2000 That was sweet, that Obi-Wan was there to ease her mind about getting married and to explain who she was. They do both have that lovely red hair and stubborn dispositions.

Good job.

Lady-Kenobi That was very AU but I liked the idea that Obi-Wan was telling a story to his grandkids. Nice.

Jedi_Jaina_Fel May you have too much coffee and cough medicine more often. This was damn hilarious and my family had to come in and see why I was laughing so hard.
    I especially loved the whole deckplate comment and the fact that Anakin had the temerity to say that he was showing affection when he cut of Luke's hand. What a guy!
    This probably says it all "You became a Sith," Obi-Wan retorted. "And your excuse is 'daddy issues'?!"

Too funny.

Everyone Thanks for all your comments. That was my first grown-up Luke fic [face_love] and I was a bit unsure that I could do him and Mara justice but now I'm glad it went over so well. Thanks. :D
  22. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.