main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Obi-wan, you're the only hope...but not Yoda????

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by 808Jedi, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 808Jedi

808Jedi Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Ok...take it that most of us has seen all the movies...funny that Yoda isn't in TNH! Lei calls upon Obi-wan for help. Why not Yoda? Yoda was completly left out of all decisions. But in all the other movies, Yoda is like the advisor. So when Obi-wan finds out who he is dealing with...why not contact Yoda? Hmmm...just a thought.

2. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Maybe because Obi-Wan is better? ;)

An actual reason might be because Yoda didn't disclose where he was going. They discussed Obi-Wan taking Luke to Tattooine and watching over him; so Bail knew where to find Obi-Wan. Yoda said he was going into hiding, but didn't mention where. He must have told Obi-Wan, though, because Obi-Wan told Luke to go to Dagobah. :)

3. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    maybe perhaps her daddy didn't tell her about Yoda?

4. 808Jedi

808Jedi Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Her daddy? Her daddy is Darth Vader.
    I just thought it was odd that Yoda told everyone else what and where to go. Then he disappeared? Hard to follow...

5. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    From a certain point of view, Bail Organa is her adopted father, although she mustve known she was adopted because she remembers her real mother.(ROTJ)

6. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I assumed Leia was asking for help from Obi-Wan because he was in the vicinity. While Tantive IV was being attacked in the opening sequence, Tatooine is right there.

7. Sith-Poon5

Sith-Poon5 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    Perhaps Leia was going to Tatooine to look for Obi-Wan. R2 certainly remembered him, as his memory wasn't erased like 3PO's. R2 seemed to know exactly where to go to find old Ben. Maybe Bail never mentioned Yoda to Leia because he never knew where Yoda went or if he was even still alive.

8. 808Jedi

808Jedi Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005

First of all...howzit Sith-Poon5? Well about your comment, did not believe Bail would think that Yoda gone; deceased. Maybe to he thought that Obi-wan would know what to do, but still Leia didn't have to say 'you're the only hope'. And IF Yoda died...wouldn't he be communicating to someone like Obi-wan or Bali.

9. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Yoda just said he was going into hiding; did not say where. As Leia was growing up, it would be normal for Senator Organa to tell Leia about General Kenobi.

10. PrinceEspaaValorum

PrinceEspaaValorum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Well, for one, Kenobi wasn't supposed to die in ANH--he was supposed to train Luke. But then GL killed Kenobi off and had to create Yoda.

Within the GFFA, I guess Bail sent Leia to Kenobi bc he wasn't as old.

11. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone
    Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire.
    I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in
    person, but my ship has fallen under attack and I'm afraid my mission
    to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital
    to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2
    unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid
    safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour.
    Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

I'd always thought Leia was going home ASAP to deliver the plans, and that she was personally asking Obi-Wan (whom her father knew) for help because her ship was under attack near Tatooine. And that after Obi-Wan received her message, he would take over and complete her mission by delivering the plans to Alderaan.

When Leia said things like "Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire" I'd always thought she was just talking through him. What I mean is that I thought Bail didn't specifically ask for Obi-Wan's help, but because Leia was in trouble, and can't complete it without Obi-Wan, it would be like an indirect request for Obi-Wan to help her since she's in trouble.

What I've thought all this time was wrong, since I seem to have forgotten a crucial line in her message: "I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed."

Oops.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.