main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Valyn, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    IMHO, Obi Wan gets a bad rap, especially since it can be found for relatively low prices these days. It's not a great game, but I thought it was fun enough (and I really didn't even like TPM all that much). The lightsaber control is great, and there's some fun gameplay in there. The biggest problem, IMHO, was that it was a re-tooling of a re-tooling of a Dark Forces sequel that was supposed to have been released a year or two before they finally put Obi Wan out, and so the game design was rather dated by the time it was released.

That said, it's at least worth a rental, and if you can find a copy for 10-15 bucks (perhaps buy a used copy) go for it.

2. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    I have the game, and it's all right. Yes, it's easy, but the controls are really easy. You just have to move the analog stick to move the lightsaber. You could probably rent it and beat it in like a day, but since it's cheap, you could probably buy it.

3. Ray_Stantz

Ray_Stantz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    What I've just been wondering about the Obi-Wan game for the longest time is the reason why Matt Levin is listed as Anakin in the voice credits. As far as I know Anakin doesn't even say a word. That and the fact that Matt Levin is one of the voice actors for the AotC Anakin. Must be some kind of an error.

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Hmm...Maybe I'll get it after all. I feel like a Star Wars adventure that has more freedom of movement than KotOR.

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I got the game and the graphics are...kind of a disgrace to the Xbox, I think.

Not only that, but Obi-Wan's voice is making me want to throw up. I literally cring every time he talks--especially when he says "I'm not sure." *grimace*

Other than all that, I think it's fun. :)

6. Palpatine346

Palpatine346 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2004
    Are you kidding. JA is almost 100% sabre action.

See dont it suck. The controls are alright but it definately is to short and lame.

P346

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Seriously, what the hell were they thinking when they did Obi-Wan's voice? Did the guy have some sort of throat virus? Ewan does NOT sound like this.

8. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    It's a tired stereotype. What did you expect?

P346

9. darthevil

darthevil Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2004
    Lukes_Lightsaber,you should be banned.You are a smart guy,yeah!OBi is good enough but Jedi Academy is cool!

10. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Jedi Outcast for X-BOX is not good, you can't even shut your lightsaber when not in use.

11. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I just beat Obi Wan. There's a little extra joke at the end.

12. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    There is? I did'nt watch the credits. I merely turned it off and locked it in a cupboard.

P346

13. MasterAero

MasterAero Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2002
    Are you talking about Obi-wan's rant about Choosing/not choosing?

Another funny thing is constantly go up and talk to people. (whatever button is interact) They say some silly things...and there's more examples of bad voice acting.

I killed Maul once and he didn't fall down the shaft. There was no cutscene or anything. He was just there on the ground when Obi-wan walked out.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    bump

from the redirected thread:

TriforceDelta3336: Yes I saw the two threads on this in the index but they were both very old and auto-locked. So I figured I would start fresh.

I just found this game for 10 dollars and I must say it is worth much more. The combat system puts games like Outcast and Academy to shame. The graphics are slightly outdated, but the gameplay more then makes up for it. I think this game deserves a sequel. Maybe a game with numerous characters based on the entire saga. At very least I think a new game should be made using the lightsaber controls. IMO They are the best lightsaber controls for any star wars game ever. I just wonder why I had never even know this game existed until yesterday. It deserves more attention then it gets.

ROTS_Obi1: Yeah, the combat is great, with the analog thingy. I don't see why this game was torn to shreads. You can also be characters that have never been in any other game, like Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, etc.

Ogmios22188: Plo Koon is in Jedi Power Battles .

ROTS_Obi1: So is Ki-Adi Mundi, From a certain point of view.

15. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    This game is worth the 10 bucks. I picked it up used, but the disk won't let me get to the last 2 levels. [face_plain]

16. TIEIntercepter

TIEIntercepter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Only on da box right?

17. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
  18. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Yes. It's only on X-Box.

19. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I didn't mind Obi-Wan, I've seen worse and I've seen better.
    Personally I liked JO & JA better but Obi-Wan did have some cool controls that could make a comeback in a more expansive game someday & I'd appreciate that.

And I liked [a few parts] in the TPM PS game - but only in Mos Espa where you'd bump into that guy who'd yell "Stop pushing me!". Good times.

20. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    :oops:

21. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    He said "It's only on the box, right?", meaning X-Box. You said "Huh?". I said "Yes. It's only on X-Box." Get it?

22. Obi_tu

Obi_tu Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    The lightsaber controls are the best part about the game.I really did like it but I think that is because it was one of the first, if not the first, SW games on x-box.

23. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    Yes, I was dohing! myself. :p

24. Ramses85

Ramses85 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    All I remember about that game is they came up with some stupid excuse so that lightsabre took 10 hits to kill anything, and you spared with the JC so I could finally put the names and faces together.

25. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    Yea, I don't think that 10 hit per kill thing is true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.