Obi Wan's Force Gesture

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by JediNdaCity, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icebreaker Jedi Master

star 4
    I always thought that was one of the coolest scenes in the movie. Didn't Ewan do that same stance for promotional photos for AOTC? I think it's very much apart of Obi-Wan's developing style. Awesome scene.

Take 'er easy
    -matt

EDIT - [image=http://www.ewanmcgregoronline.com/Images_promo_pics/Star_Wars/Obi_Wan%20Kenobi.jpg]

That's just one of the many photos from AOTC that he is doing that particular move. You can also find some from the TPM photo shoots, so I am thinking that Nick Gillard had this already develped into Obi-Wans style from the beginning, we just didn't see much of it until ROTS.
  2. wcleere Jedi Master

star 3
    I would have liked to see that line as well. Could have lived without the 2 finger force gesture.
  3. SithOWNtheJedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I thought it was a dorky attempt to make a cool move. Uneccessary!
  4. JediNdaCity Jedi Youngling

star 3
    You're absolutely right! I knew I had seen him do that move before ROTS and could not place it anywhere. It was done in the photos! Nice catch!
    It made it even sweeter because I saw it the first time and was instantly familiarized with it but couldn't figure out why. Pretty cool on GL's part.
    It was new but yet old.
  5. Mr_Fantastic Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It's the sign of peace placed downwards to allow the swordsman to focus entirely only on the area between the two fingers, aka Grievous. He proved to be needing it.
  6. Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm a fan of that gesture.
  7. YYZ-2112 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    the first time he does it; it's a feign to lull his victims into thinking they are going to enter a stand up duel. Then he drops the charade and pulls the massive gear down from the ceiling crushing his opponents. The second time he does it does sort of dimminish the brillience of the first time. Still though I thought it was far less stupid than his "Your move" line. I just can't see how a Jedi that uses the force for knowledge and defence can get any kind of 'kicks' when he's about to end the life of another being; even if that being is wicked. Had his words been said in a prideless humble manner than I would have liked it.

Still though, there are far greater flaws to the series than this small detail.
  8. am-pm Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The move, much like the character, is cool.
  9. DarthFisto Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I like it. It's kind of like, "I'm gonna getcha, and there's nothing you can do about it!"
  10. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Because Obi-wan's become influenced by Anakin's recklessness. Just as Anakin has been influenced by Obi-wan's cautious nature.
  11. SLAVE2 Jedi Knight

star 5
    I love that gesture, I wish he'd done it in TPM and AOTC also. My vote, definatly cool :cool:
  12. DMan304 Jedi Knight

star 2
    He should have spiraled forward like Palpatine and poked Grievous in his eyes with that stance:D .
  13. anakin_luver Jedi Knight

star 5

That's just it! It isn't his siganture gesture. He just cam up with it in the last movie.

It doesn't show "attitude" at all. Pointing two pathetic fingers at your opponent? Where's the attitude? I see none what so ever. If anything, it looks as though he's measuring up Grevious' neck.
  14. Cyph3r Jedi Knight

Just to point out (for no real reason), Obi-Wan also uses this stance on Grievous' ship just before he breaks the glass with the electrostaff and escapes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.