main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan's Goodbye (Obidala Viggie - Heavy Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Obi-Wan?s Goodbye
    By obi?s girl

Summary: Obi-Wan?s thoughts during Padmé?s funeral on Naboo.

Obi-Wan Kenobi watched solemnly from the rooftop as the procession continued down the street to the place where his old Master?s funeral had taken place years earlier. After his Master?s funeral, he had found that attending funerals was not something that he enjoyed. He hadn?t been allowed to grieve then because he had to start training Anakin right away. But this time he allowed himself to grieve, to mourn that woman that he had admired and cared for deeply.

He was distrustful of politicians because they always had their own agenda but Padmé Amidala was different. She was caring and was genuinely concerned about the future of the Republic. She always believed that every situation or crisis could be solved diplomatically and not through violence. She was a strong woman, inside and out, but not strong enough to live for her children.

Obi-Wan looked again below as the procession came to a stop and he remembered being beside Padmé as she gave birth to her children. He urged her to hold on and live but he knew it was too much to ask of her. She had already lost so much, Anakin and the Republic. He smiled sourly as he remembered talking to Padmé days earlier in her apartment, before he came and told her the news about Anakin?s betrayal.

He had always known she was beautiful but that day, she was glowing and more beautiful and happy than he had ever seen her. He didn?t know that it would the last time that he would see her smile and carefree. Obi-Wan nodded and massaged his forehead, walking away.

For years, he had denied his own feelings for his best friend but now he knew that he had waited too long. Obi-Wan had been falling in love with Padmé a little bit each day, her spirit and determination, was what really made him take notice of her. She was a stubborn woman ? but he knew other women who were also stubborn ? but she was the only one that could hold herself gracefully.

Anakin never knew about his feelings and if he did know, his former apprentice wouldn?t be happy. Instead, he kept a journal, writing down his feelings and about their friendly visits. It was very un Jedi-like but he didn?t care. He kept the journal hidden in his apartment and besides, when he did see Padmé he never hinted at his feelings but he was sure during some visits, she could feel that there was something he needed to tell her but never could.

Maybe in the end she knew how he felt.

His mind drifted back to the last conversation they had together in the medical facility after the twins were born.

Obi-Wan sighed, leaning over the bed as he placed his hand over Padmé?s head and then rested it on her hands. He wanted to confess to her then his feelings but it wasn?t right too?if he did, would she remember what he said?

?Padmé? Padmé?? he asked quietly. She looked at him faintly and then looked away. ?You have twins, Padmé. They need you . . . hang on.?

Padmé shook her head, tears streaking down her face, ?I can't . . .? Obi-Wan watched her wince again.

?Save your energy, m?lady,? he urged her but he knew it was pointless to ask. He could feel her life signature slowly slip away.

She looked at him wearily, her brown eyes connecting with his blue/gray and for the first time, she felt his feelings. It wasn?t just him being selfish ? he wanted her to live so she could know his feelings. But it was too late for confessions. ?Obi-Wan . . . there . . . is good in him. I know there is ... still...?

Obi-Wan sighed and ran his hand over her face, closing her eyes. //Goodnight, m?lady. //

Obi-Wan turned back, looking again at the procession. He wanted to be there with her but Yoda had advised him that it wasn?t a good idea. He stayed because he wasn?t able to say goodbye to her properly. Someday he would see her again and he knew then, when he did, he would tell her everything. Obi-Wan breathed heavily, wanting to say something but he simply turned and left.

The End

2. Lady--Skywalker

Lady--Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    That was sweet and sad at the same time.

I read two of Lady-Kenobi's works and wanted to read more Obidala and this is good.

3. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Hmm...Seems the kid beat me to the first post.

I hope you will write some journal excerpts, My Friend!

Hope "I'll Wait For You" is going well because THE BLOCK struck again!

4. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    =D= That was wonderful, if very sad.

Someday he would see her again and he knew then, when he did, he would tell her everything.

That line begs for a story. I don't think Anakin would take well, even when they're all dead, to his mentor confessing feelings for his wife.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very nicely done. I can see how a strong woman, one compassionate as well would find his interest.

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was lovely. :)

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    JediMaster_Jen, don't tempt me. I'm too busy right now with summer school to devote time to writing another series. I haven't really been feeling inspired lately, creatively. I just wrote this one late last night.

~aeryn

8. JediPrincess26

JediPrincess26 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    I really love this story. It's very heartfelt, you did a great job.

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks JediPrincess!

~aeryn

10. Salmeera

Salmeera Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Excellent, I don't usually go for Obi-Wan/Padme romances, but this one was very, very good. Keep me posted if you turn this into a series *hint, hint* :)

11. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    He stayed because he wasn?t able to say goodbye to her properly.

That must hurt more than anything else; it's something that causes regrets later in life. It's something that disturbed me while I was watching RotS - that Obi-Wan never managed to really say anything to Padmé before she passed away.

It's a lovely story; like everyone else, I'll be keen to see more. ;)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Wonderful :) in between the tears.

13. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks Salmeera!

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.