main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan's lightsaber

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by slimybug, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    It's the same as Episode 1. But didn't that get kicked down that pit? Did he retrieve it, or just build a replica? What was that pit, or for that matter, the whole area, anyway?

Slimy!

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    built a replica

3. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    i think that the pit was for mining or it was an exhaust vent of some sort.

4. Master_Win-Dex

Master_Win-Dex Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    If youve noticed that obi- wan's lightsaber has changed over the movies like in AOTC and in TPM and also in ROTS his lightsaber has changed through the movies.

5. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Not really. His TPM and AOTC lightsabers are almost identical (the AOTC version is shinier), and the ROTS saber is the same one as he has in ANH.

6. obiwan122586

obiwan122586 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2003
    Well, from what I know of the merch, the handle of Obi-Wan's saber is exactly the same for the Episode I and Episode II toy, but they've changed it into Alec's saber from Episode IV for Episode III.

Jedi sure go through lightsabers, don't they?

What was Anakin's line, "Oh, not again?" when his saber got cut in half on Geonosis?

7. seventyard

seventyard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    i've noticed that when you buy one of the obi-wan figures that's come out for episode iii, you get an ignited episode i & ii style lightsaber, and an unignited episode iii, iv style hilt. wonder what that means...

8. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    It means nothing. It's just a toy. Or have you forgotten that the Dooku AOTC fig came with a green lightsaber, as well as a red one? Of course, in some cut scenes, he did use a second saber, it was blue and had a different hilt.

9. Master_Win-Dex

Master_Win-Dex Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    well if you watch the bonus materal and the rots replicas of lightsabers it really has changed i mean look at them and one is tall another is shorter but maybe its me i dont know but thats what i saw.

10. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    There are slight differences in both TPM Obi lightsaber and AOTC Obi lightsaber.

Some of the more common ones are:

Lenght
    Width
    Grommits on the Pommels are slightly differnet.

Differences in ROTS Obi saber and AHN Obi saber are not much, other than the different activator switch.

Instead of the Bubble strip it is actually a electronic chip of some kind.

11. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    i've noticed that when you buy one of the obi-wan figures that's come out for episode iii, you get an ignited episode i & ii style lightsaber, and an unignited episode iii, iv style hilt. wonder what that means...

Nothing. The other figure comes w/a Ep IV saber. You know, that's one of the main things I've been wanting to see in the prequels. Obi-wan's Ep IV hilt. I'm not certian why but I happen to think it's one of the coolest looking hilts out there. I knew it would be, but I didn't know I would have to wait until Ep III.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.