main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

obi wans lightsaber

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by son-of-skywalker13, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    i just realized that obi wan has lost his lightsaber in every star wars movie that has had him alive. in TPM it fell down the shaft, in AOTC he loses it when hes captured, and in ANH he dies and, consequently loses it. this may be a stupid thread/question but does anyone think obi wan will lose a lightsaber in ep. 3???

2. Dampo

Dampo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    Obi Wan sucks! In ANH you were made to think that he was like...God! But he's only a Jedi Knight! There were more stronger Jedi than him! Anyway, I guess he has a bad habit of losing his saber..

3. son-of-skywalker13

May 27, 2002
    obi wan does not suck ... you better not say too much of that becauuse some people really like him

4. Dampo

Jul 19, 2002
    Well..I'm just trying to tell you that he isn't all that powerful.

5. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Good Point...and he's the one thats giving the lectures

6. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Hopefully he will have his ANH lightsabre in Ep3, and will keep it.

7. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Actually...every single Jedi loses their lightsaber in every single movie:

ANH: Obi-Wan dies and loses his
    TESB: Luke gets his hand chopped off and loses his
    ROTJ: Vader takes Luke's away when he is captured. He then gets it back from the Emperor, only to toss it away AGAIN!!!
    TPM: Obi-Wan's is ruined in the swamp in a cut scene, isn't it? He then loses it at the end. Also, Darth Maul's is cut in half. And then Qui-Gon loses his when he dies
    AOTC: Anakin loses his in the speeder chase. It is then chopped in half in the droid factory. Then Obi-wan's is confiscated. Then they get replacements, and Anakin manages to get one of them cut in half

In actuality, it seems like these people really don't like their lightsabers.

8. WellKnownCharacter

WellKnownCharacter Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    Mybe they have a phobia of 'sabres?
    Maybe they can't control them and all the twirlling is acidental,they could be desperatley trying to get rid of them.

9. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    Obi-Wan sucks.....In ANH you were made to think that he was like...God! But he's only a Jedi Knight! There were more stronger Jedi than him! Anyway, I guess he has a bad habit of losing his saber..

Amen. But you better don't post anything in this boards for a while, some people just love obi-wan too much. :D

10. son-of-skywalker13

May 27, 2002
    im not a huge fan of obi wan .... i think hes cool but i know alot of people who are obsessed with him

11. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    He may not be the best Jedi but at least he's a great character. Unlike Mace, whose a supposedly great Jedi, but he's a terrible character and a big waste of space on screen.

12. TFlott52

TFlott52 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    I think we'll see how big of a bad ass obi-wan is in Episode III, I think that he's been underrated thus far.

13. son-of-skywalker13

May 27, 2002
    amen mat

i think so too t flott

14. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I agree that the best of Obi-Wan is yet to come. He's going to be great in Ep. 3, i think.

And Stormcloud's list of Jedi losing their lightsabers is rather interesting. Makes you think that the whole "this weapon is your life" line was all just BS. Lightsabers are easily replacable... ;)

15. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    Obi-wan manages to stay alive until the OT, gotta give him credit for that. And I didn't think of him as a God in ANH by any means what so ever. My point: nadda.

I'm not too impressed with Mace Windu AT ALL. I remember someone saying once that they loved his sword fighting style, "so un-like everyone else's." It's like what sword fighting?? The jedi in the background are far more entertaining to watch.

As for the thread topic, I'm with the guy who said everyone loses their lightsaber, it's more dramatic when the protaganist loses his or her "only" or "last" weapon.

The bad guys seem to keep good hold of those sabers though.

16. CyberMasterWindu

CyberMasterWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    Dampo, it isn't about being "all-powerful" as Anakin believed. Look what happened to him, he embraced power and with it the Dark Side. Obi-Wan may not be the most powerful, but he is one of the wisest IMO. Yoda even believes so because he holds Obi-Wan in very high regard. And I don't think anyone will disagree with me that Yoda is the wisest Jedi ever.

17. Dampo

Jul 19, 2002
    I believe it's all about powerful. I'm Sith 100%! lol

18. son-of-skywalker13

May 27, 2002
    im with CMW, there are thousands of jedi and yoda holds obi wan in high regard .... that is saying somtin .... yoda and obi wan are becoming my favorite characters because they are wise and consequently are the only jedi to escape the empire

19. NathanSW2005

NathanSW2005 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2002
    I have just started to really like Obi-Wan and i think that the people out there who do is because in Episode II Ewan didnt try to act like he did in Episode I where he tryed to go with Obi-Wan from the OT. Also about earlyer on when someone posted that Luke lost his first saber i think i remember reading somewhere that was found. does anyone know if this is true.

20. rich_meister

rich_meister Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Obi-Wan lost a sabre he has. How embarassing.

21. Dampo

Jul 19, 2002
    Luke did lose his first Saber..When he got his hand chopped off and it went flying through a huge..vent in ESB. The Saber that Obi wan first had in the OT he...lost because he died.

22. Silicon_Soul

Silicon_Soul Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    But does he really die? Yes, his "physical body" may have taken one too many hits with "Darth Vaders" lightsaber, BUT he still walking around and talking around, its just that hes translucent and blue. Hey, if the man can walk, walk and talk, i dont care how blue he is. Or how see through he is for that matter. Obi wan is neat cuz he doesnt die. Respect that

23. Red-Talon

Red-Talon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2002
    You guys underestimate Obi-Wan, he survived the arena battle in AOTC, and he defeats Anakin in Episode 3, and by the time ANH comes along he's still stronger than Vader according to annoted screenplays.

He didn't do too bad against Dooku either, I mean Dooku survived against Yoda, and Obi wasn't exactly 100% overwhelmed by Dooku.

Obi-Wan rocks, simple as that ;)

24. son-of-skywalker13

May 27, 2002
    i think it is safe to say obi wan is a very powerful jedi

25. rich_meister

rich_meister Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I wasn't dissin obi-wan. I was redoin the line in AOTC: Obi-Wan lost a planet he has. How embarassing.

He's a good jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.