main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan's Shotgun Wedding

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Jan 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    JJ, You must post more!

Ve haf vays of making you post!

[This message has been edited by mouse2 (edited 02-08-2000).]

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Go for it Zoe!! Get him while he's down!!!! Go for it Kill him Kill Him. Stupid Jedi,

Dmara

P.S. sorry about this but i've taken over Kit's brain and now ai'll have revenge on all of you>.....hahahahahahah

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Igraine, that's going to be a bit difficult to do because the entire story is written from Obi-Wan's point of view. However, I have taken your suggestion to heart, and this first paragraph is for you.

Mouse2, I find that incredibly ironic, considering that I post every day without fail and some people haven't added on to their stories since February 5th!

Kit': Read on!

Something roused Obi-Wan from unconsciousness. He felt the Force flowing through him, conveying peace and reassurance and something else that he couldn't identify at first. Then he realised woozily that Qui-Gon had felt the pain of his torture through the Master-Padawan bond. Now, Qui-Gon was trying to help him in the only way he could, by sharing his own life-force with Obi-Wan, giving him strength and helping to dampen the torment. He received the offering gratefully, struggling to respond somehow, but his fragile concentration was broken when the door to the bedchamber opened and two people came in.

"What did they do to him?"The voice was female, very young, and very shocked. For a moment, Obi-Wan imagined it was Jenan-Kahan, and forced his eyes open to look. It was not. In the lamplight, he could see that it was a girl, about nine or ten years old, staring down at him in open-mouthed horror.

"Don't look,"said Zoe, twitching a sheet up to Obi-Wan's neck. He couldn't help moaning at even that light touch.

"Don't ask,"Zoe continued."Just heal him."

"But the king--"

"The king will never know, if you don't tell him. You're not a Healer yet and you haven't received any instructions from him. Nobody will suspect anything if you just keep your mouth shut!"

Hesitantly, the girl came forwards and reached out her hand, placing it on Obi-Wan's head and closing her eyes. He felt the Force moving around him in short, timid bursts which gradually became longer and stronger before the healing began with a tingling feeling. But the girl could not maintain the Force, and it faltered several times, then died away altogether.

"I can't!"the girl burst out."It's too much! I can't!"

She fell to her knees and vomited violently across the floor. When she'd finished, she sat back, trembling all over."His pain was too great! I couldn't conquer it!"

"You did what you could,"said Obi-Wan, sensing her exhaustion."It's better now, really."

She shook her head, seeing only her failure.

"All right then, get out of here,"said Zoe."And if anybody finds out, it will be your own fault, not mine."

The girl fled immediately, and Zoe threw a bundle of clothing at Obi-Wan which hit him in the head.

"Get dressed,"she commanded."We're going."

"Going where?"Obi-Wan sat up cautiously. The girl had progressed the natural healing of his body by several days, but it was not completely finished. Still, it was an improvement, and he could move, very slowly and very carefully.

"To Getra."

"What?"

"To Getra! To your home, you fool! Now get dressed!"Zoe came closer to the bed.

"Now? It's the middle of the night."

"My father is planning on sending a troop of warriors to occupy your city until the tribute is paid. They'll be allowed to take any women they please. If we hurry, we can warn your people, and the women can hide somewhere."

Zoe was concerned about somebody other than herself? That didn't ring true somehow. There was something wrong here, but Obi-Wan didn't know what. He did know, however, that King Imilachil would send out a search party if he was missing, and that could ruin everything. Was it to-night or to-morrow night that the Getrans were planning to leave their city? If he'd ever known, he couldn't remember now.

"I can't come with you,"he said."I gave my word to your father that I wouldn't leave without his permission."

"Your word! Don't make me laugh! Do you really want to stay here and have my father torture you again to-morrow?"Zoe reached out, but Obi-Wan moved before she could slap him across the back.

"Of course I don't want to! But I gave him my word! Why don't you go on your own, if you're so worried about the Getran women?"

4. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Cool!

Sorry, I'll go post. Geez.

5. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I apologise, Mouse2. I didn't realise how harsh that sounded until I saw it on the screen. I was just feeling impatient every time I clicked on "Promises Kept" and didn't see a new post. But I'll never forget that you were the only person to read my first story in the JC and I hope I didn't offend you. Sorry!

6. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hey, JJ. I'm working on a really long post right now (I got a case of writers block), but once I get past it I should be able to post a little more often.

You keep up the great work and I'll keep reading!

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Dmara: Muahahahahahahahahahahaha that's the way Zoe punch his lights out!! Get him. Kill Kill Kill!!!

Kit: SHut up Dmara.

p.s sorry guys fights for supremacy again. J/K I'm really not that mad!!

Kithera

8. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Yeesh!! Girl, you really do know how to torture that poor boy, don't you? Keep going. I can't wait to find out more.

9. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Bump. Bump. Bump. His head bounced against something at regular intervals, and Obi-Wan opened his eyes. He was hanging upside down--no--he was hanging over someone's shoulder, someone who was walking at an even speed, and his hands had been neatly tied behind his back. His feet had been tied together, too, and he felt sick, both from the head injury and from the constant bumping.

"Put me down,"he said, and to his surprise, the man stopped and set him on his feet. Glancing quickly around in the moonlight, Obi-Wan saw that they were outside, walking along a track, and that the man who had been carrying him was a veritable giant. A closer look, however, showed him the blank expression and slack mouth of the simple-witted. This man wouldn't have taken him of his own initiative, so that meant--

"What are you doing? I told you to carry him!"Zoe came back down the track towards them.

"He said put me down,"the simple man reported, labouring over every word.

"All right. Never mind. We're far enough."Zoe gave Obi-Wan a vicious shove that knocked him down, and he yelped at the burst of agony in his back. She took hold of the rope around his hands and pulled him closer to a tree, then produced a length of cord from the pouch at her waist and tied him to the trunk, testing the knot with a satisfied tug.

"Go back to the city now,"she told the man."Don't let anybody see you."

The simple giant lumbered off, and Zoe sat down next to Obi-Wan.

"My father is going to kill you when he finds out you tried to run away,"she reported with no small pleasure.

"Your father will torture you to death when he finds out you kidnapped me!"Obi-Wan corrected her.

Zoe poked her finger into his half-healed back and he gritted his teeth as she repeated,"You tried to run away!"

Then she untied the pouch from her waist, dumped it out, wadded it up, and stuffed it into his mouth, holding it in place with another length of cord around his head.

"You won't get the chance to tell my father anything,"she gloated."He'll cut your head off right then and there, and I'll be free of you forever! Slave!"

So that was why her story about the warriors being sent to occupy Getra had seemed false somehow. It had only been an excuse to lure him out of the city, and when he hadn't fallen for it, she had taken more drastic measures. Obi-Wan reached out with the Force and recoiled at the sense of darkness that emanated from her. How could he have missed that before? As though sensing his mind-touch, Zoe slammed her mental shields up and jabbed her finger into his back again.

And then they waited. Obi-Wan tried to rub the cord away from his mouth by scraping his head on the ground, but every time he moved, Zoe bored a finger into his injured ribs. She always seemed to find one of the holes left by the nails, and after two painful attempts, he gave up. It was well after dawn when the group of warriors came pounding down the path and as soon as she heard their footsteps, Zoe jumped to her feet and ran towards them."He's here! He tried to run away, but I caught him! Here he is!"

One of the five warriors put a rope around Obi-Wan's neck and tied a slipknot in it, then cut him loose from the tree and freed his legs. Pulling him upright, he commanded,"Start walking, slave!"

10. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    "OBI-WWWWWWAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!" Right that's it. Kit jumps out of a tre to land infront of the soldiers.
    "Let him go!!" she shouts "Or I'll...I'll."
    "You'll what?" The soldiers sneer.
    "I'll set Dmara on you!" Kit yells. From the same tree you can hear someone chantying softly. 'Kill him. Kill Him. Kill Him."
    Kit looks at the soldiers who start laughing. She begins to climb up the tree again.
    "well, I did try." she says softly. From the tree you can hear the voice still saying "Kill him."
    "WOuld you shut up!!!!!" Kit yells at Dmara.

Sorry Jedi Jane. Sending you an e-mail right now explaining your question in Mind Games

11. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    OWCH that gotta to hurt.
    Anyway keep up the good work.

12. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    She is an evil, evil girl, but it seems that she comes by it honestly. Her father is a complete scum-bag too.

[This message has been edited by Lilith Demodae (edited 02-11-2000).]

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    In the great hall, Zoe described to the king how she had noticed Tohar-Kahan trying to heal himself enough to slip out of the bedchamber when he'd thought she was asleep. She had followed him all the way outside of the city, where he'd passed by the guards at the gate without them seeing him, and then he had faltered, his strength gone. She had quickly knocked him out with a rock and tied him up, and had then waited for somebody to come along and help her get him back to the city. It even sounded almost convincing.

King Imilachil looked down at Obi-Wan, who was kneeling a few paces behind Zoe, still bound and gagged, and shook his head sadly."You gave me your word, Tohar-Kahan."

Obi-Wan shook his head, glancing from the king to Zoe and back again several times, all the while silently willing the king to remove the leather pouch from his mouth.

"You knew he wouldn't keep it,"Zoe announced."These stinking Getran slaves have no honour! They're no better than animals!"

"Zoe,"said the king with a sigh,"I could almost believe that he was running away from you."

Keeping eye contact with the king, Obi-Wan nodded vigourously, and King Imilachil smiled."Take that thing out of his mouth and let him speak for himself before I decide how to punish him."

"No!"Zoe shouted."Execute him immediately!"

But the guard had already undone the rope and pulled the gag out. Licking his lips, Obi-Wan tried to speak, but his mouth was too dry to produce any sound at first. He finally managed to whisper,"Your Majesty."

Then he coughed and tried again."Your Majesty, Zoe kidnapped me to make it look like I was trying to run away."

"He'll say anything to save his skin,"Zoe said, coming over and striking him between the shoulders with the flat of her hand.

"Ow!"Obi-Wan protested."You'll say anything to get rid of me!"

Then he addressed the king."Your Majesty, she brought someone to heal me, except it didn't quite work out, and then she hit me over the head and had me carried outside the city."

"Prove it,"Zoe challenged him, and the king nodded."Yes, Tohar-Kahan, can you prove this?"

"Your Majesty, I don't usually put my tunic on inside out and backwards,"Obi-Wan said. He'd noticed it while he was walking.

Zoe glanced at the tunic, saw that he was telling the truth, and smacked him across the face so hard that he fell down, but the guard grabbed her wrists and pulled her away. Holding her tightly, he affirmed,"He's right, Your Majesty."

King Imilachil stood up, looking very angry now.

"Take her to a cell until I decide what to do with her,"he commanded. It was necessary for two warriors to carry Zoe away as she fought back, shrieking wildly. When everything was quiet once again, the king looked down at Obi-Wan, who had struggled back to his knees."Tohar-Kahan. We were talking about Enkerra."

"Your Majesty, I don't know anything about Enkerra,"Obi-Wan said wearily. He began to build up Force barriers in his mind again.

"I think I believe you,"said King Imilachil, to his great surprise. Then he motioned to the guard."Untie his hands. To-morrow is tribute day, Tohar-Kahan, and as soon as it's all here, you may go back to your father. But if it doesn't come, or if it's even late, I'll have you executed. Understood?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

The next morning did not begin well. Obi-Wan had put himself into a healing trance overnight and was rudely awakened by something hot and wet being poured over his head. Coming back to consciousness with a cry of surprise, he saw Zoe standing over him with three servants behind her, each carrying a jug of steaming water. Obi-Wan groaned again. He'd been enjoying his freedom from her, and especially having the bed all to himself, and now he wondered why her father had let her out of the cell at all.

"Out,"said Zoe threateningly."Take your clothes and leave this room. I'm going to bathe and I want you out."

Obi-Wan didn't bother to argue with her, just collected his clothes and sniffed insultingly a few times as he pushed past her. She aimed a blow at his back, but he was alrea

14. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Uh Oh why do i feel that the word handcuffed is not a good thing???

Kithera

P.S this story just gets better and better

15. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Ja, the suspense is building. What are you doing to me?!

16. Lalika

Lalika Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 1999
    Hey Jane, I've been reading your story for a while, it's really cool. Nice to see that you edit it really often too. Keep up the good writing...

17. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    This is great JJ. Keep it up! Please!

18. Maija Darklighter

Feb 3, 2000
    C'mon JJ, post soon, I can't wait!

Darklighter

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "Your Majesty--"Obi-Wan started to protest, but Zoe flew at him, screaming and hitting, and he had to block a rain of blows. He heard the laughter and the cheers of the men around him as he caught her arm. So that's how it was, he realised. Zoe wasn't just angry at her father, she raged at him. But because she couldn't touch him, she took it out on anything that even looked half defenseless. He had to stop this at once and show her just how far she could go, which was not going to be far at all from now on. Not noticing how the cheers died suddenly away, he clenched his hand to a fist and swung, connecting with all his might and ignoring the agony in his back. Zoe dropped unconscious to the floor and Obi-Wan couldn't help gloating for just a moment.

Then he glanced around at the stillness in the great hall, and saw two Jedi standing at the far end of the aisle between the tables, their lightsabers switched on and held ready. One was Qui-Gon, and to judge by the very disapproving expression on his face, he had seen what Obi-Wan had just done. The other Jedi was Mace Windu, and he did not look pleased, either. Belatedly ashamed, Obi-Wan knelt down and bowed his head. He'd been hoping for rescue for so long, but he'd never imagined that it would come at the worst possible moment. If only they'd been a minute earlier--or even later!

"We have come for His Royal Highness Prince Tohar-Kahan,"said Qui-Gon, using the Force to give emphasis to his voice.

Everybody stared at the two Jedi, too stunned to do anything else. Finally, Obi-Wan said,"Your Majesty, you must give me permission to go with them."

"What?"King Imilachil tore his gaze away from the light sabers and glanced down at him."Who are they?"

"They are--messengers, Your Majesty, from the lords of the light. Please, Your Majesty, you must let me go with them."Obi-Wan moved his fingers discreetly in the king's direction.

"You may go with them,"the king repeated, too dazed to resist the influence of the Force.

"I won't have to take her with me."Obi-Wan moved his hand again, then extended his other arm, dragging Zoe's along with it. She stirred, and he willed the king to hurry up.

Confused, the king fumbled for the key at his belt and unlocked the handcuffs."You won't have to take her with you."

Obi-Wan stood up and walked towards his master, feeling a strange mix of relief and shame. As he got closer, he saw Mace Windu staring curiously at the sides of his head and then down at his bare knees. His face began to burn with embarrassment as he remembered his earrings--and the skirt--and he looked down at his feet as he followed Master Windu and Qui-Gon out of the palace and down the broad, paved road to the city gate. Lining both sides of the road, crowds of Imilachil citizens stared at the strangers in awed silence. Some of them were even kneeling down.

As they walked, Qui-Gon fell back a little to Obi-Wan's side and said sternly,"I hope you have a very good reason for hitting that girl, Padawan."

"Yes, master, I do."

"And?"

"It's a long story, master."

"Oh, yes?"

His tone of voice indicated that Obi-Wan should start with it now, but there was a sound of running footsteps behind them, and Obi-Wan turned around. The pain in his back made him slow, however, and Zoe's dagger caught his right shoulderblade. Whirling and attacking automatically, Qui-Gon brought his light saber down, and Zoe fell to the stones. Qui-Gon scanned the area for further danger, and the on-lookers dropped to their knees as his gaze passed over them, but except for King Imilachil, who had come running up behind Zoe, there was no other threat. Pointing the light saber in his direction, Qui-Gon demanded,"What was that?"

"That was my daughter,"King Imilachil said, looking down at the body."His wife.

"His wife?"Qui-Gon repeated incredulously, looking at Obi-Wan, who repeated,"Master, it's a long story."

"The lords of the light have truly punished her as she deserved,"said the king slowly."Her loss is not great."

"It certainly isn't,"Obi-Wan agreed quietly.

Exchangin

20. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    All right, so the title was a bit misleading. It was just to get your attention, really. New title: The Little Things.

Please tell me what you thought of the ending. I'd like to know.

21. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    OH JANE!!! that was wonderful!!

finally a story started and finished before I leave...

Nice that Obi-Wan could punch the girl... she needed it though. and I don't even feel bad that Qui-Gon felled her with his saber... hee hee hee that was great. Poor Obi-Wan though I wish he could have gon back to see that other girl that would have made for an interesting story.... maybe he can go back one day huh... maybe....

It was very good... .poor obi-wan. but hey it all turns out good so I guess it's on to the next Obi-tourture..

[This message has been edited by Master Peael (edited 02-12-2000).]

22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Hello Jane,

Why no e-mail???? Hey I don't think that your ending sucked at all!!! Wait until my ending girl.

Ahh two wonderfull endings in one weekend.

Thankyou
    Kithera

23. Jedi Igraine

Jedi Igraine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 1999
    Wonderful story. Can't wait for the next installment of Obi Torture.

Igraine

24. Maija Darklighter

Feb 3, 2000
    That was a great ending I was bit sad that Zoe died. I'm looking foward for the next Obi torture.

Darklighter

25. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.