main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Obi-Wan's Ten Point Guide to Paradise: Part 5/5 - Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Seven, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Sorry this is so late!

JediFalcon: Glad you like! PM's a commin!

Gkilkenny: Thanks for the heads up!

Here we go! Longest post in the story. Obi, Ani, Qui, and saber play!

~ ~ ~

Point Seven: Picnics are a great way to spend time with your loved ones.

~ ~ ~

?Anakin!? Obi-Wan called, knocking on the door to the home that his brother and Padme shared. ?Anakin!?

?Obi-Wan!?

?Padme!? Obi-wan smiled, drawing the woman into a hug. ?How are you??

?Very well, Obi-Wan.? She grinned. ?Come in.?

?Thank you, but I really only have a moment.? The knight explained. ?Master and I are going for our usual picnic... And we would like Anakin to join us. If he so desires, of course.?

?You don't have to tip toe, Obi-Wan.? Padme scolded. ?We are not in a political arena.?

Obi-Wan threw her a devilish grin. ?Excuse me for being on edge when my brothers wife is showing me her house, as she nearly bored me to death the last time I was here for letting her husband become emotionally drained. In a lecture, that I kindly remind you, was very political in sound.?

Padme gave a cute little pout. ?I did say that I was sorry.?

Obi-Wan laughed. As he took a seat, he took notice of Anakin leading in a petite sandy haired woman. Though he had never met her before, he knew her immediately. Silently, he rose and bowed to the new arrival. ?Lady Skywalker.? The woman however seemed more than slightly surprised at the show of manners on his part.

?Obi-Wan!? Anakin broke into a grin. ?Mother, I'd like you to meet my brother. Obi-Wan, my mother.?

Obi-Wan bowed low again as she was properly introduced to him, and was surprised when she placed her finger under his chin and drew his gaze back to her. Then she did something that the elder knight never thought that the mother of the one he had failed so thoroughly would ever do. She drew him into a solid embrace. And he tensed horribly, ready for whatever this woman had to throw at him. ?Thank you.?

That was definitely not expected.

?For what, Lady Skywalker??

Shmi pulled him closer, barely breathing the words next to his ear, ?For doing such a good job with my son.? Then, before the knight could respond, she withdrew, kissed his cheek, and smiled a goodbye to her son and his wife, and left the house. This left Obi-Wan quite speechless, and standing rather awkwardly in the common room.

?I think she likes you.? Anakin smirked. ?You'll have to have a meal with us someday.?

?Thank you Anakin,? Obi-Wan said, finally regaining use of his vocal cords. ?Which brings me back to my point. Master and I are going for a picnic. We would like you to join us, if you have no other plans, and your wife is willing to spare you.?

Anakin's face lit up. ?Of course! Padme was just about to visit her nieces.?

Obi-Wan returned the happy look, and motioned towards the door. Together they chatted idly as they strolled. When they both reached the rather lovely picnic spot, they discovered that Qui-Gon had already been there long enough to spread and set the blanket. It really was a very beautiful place. A grassy plain that was set just above a white sand beach with nothing but crystal water beating upon it's shores. The perfect spot to spend a day with those that shared one's heart.

?Ah, there you two are.? Qui-Gon jested lightly. ?I was beginning to think that you were going to leave this poor old man all alone.?

?Begging your pardon Master,? Obi-Wan bowed. ?But I met the Lady Skywalker, and we were therefore slightly detained. Although, if I knew it would be so easy to ditch you, I would have done so a long time ago.?

Qui-Gon swatted the irrepressible Kenobi, but let the comment slide, ?She's a wonderful woman.? He spoke instead.

Both younger men nodded, and began setting out the food.

It was the first time that Anakin truly had the opportunity to watch his brother and their father match wits. And match they did, and took it into an all out war, switching from one topic to the next as soon as they drew to a stalemate

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Another great one! Anakin and Obi-wan have done so much to eachother that no amount of bickering will ever make them even... [face_laugh]

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

more soon :D

4. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Yay! [face_dancing]

Part Three
    ?And you didn't even bother to say hello before running off into the temple! You visit Anakin and Padme- Obi-Wan is that cake in your hair?? Love that to bits! It's such a wonderful contrast to the emotional reunion.

?Care to join us for dinner?? Obi-Wan asked Anakin, ?And I'll even let your wife stay as long as she doesn't lecture me into boredom and death.? I can't imagine Padmé was too amused with that!

Part 4
    ?Excuse me for being on edge when my brothers wife is showing me her house, as she nearly bored me to death the last time I was here for letting her husband become emotionally drained. In a lecture, that I kindly remind you, was very political in sound.?

Padme gave a cute little pout. ?I did say that I was sorry.?

I really enjoyed this simply because the dialogue is so accurate and yet still manages to convey the humour of the situation.

?At least I didn't try to give my Master a heart attack with suicidal Skywalker flying!? Obi-Wan growled. [face_laugh] Poor Obi! It's amazing he didn't go grey earlier than he did!

Partner, this is just simply wonderful. You have a real skill for humour. The dialogue is particularly accurate giving the whole piece a wonderful edge to the sombre themes that grip our poor Jedi.

So, once again: Yay! [face_dancing]

5. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Nice update! :) I really liked the banter between Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Qui-Gon, and the meeting between Obi-Wan and Shmi was beautiful. :D

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Only one more part to go? :_| But I loved the update! =D=

7. AriaJediKnight

AriaJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    Laughing...so...hard...can't...breath.
    Rachel

8. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh, I'm so sorry I fell behind on this! I rarely ever venture into the Beyond, and I never could find this again. *huffs*

Anyway, a lovely couple of updates! The picnic was just hilarious; I was rolling around on the ground from laughter. The image of Obi and Ani really squabbling like siblings was just so friggin funny! :D

Could you PM me when you update? I don't want to miss the last part!

Stormqueen

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    LOL!!! Awe man, that's great! "Well you KILLED ME!" "Wel you took most of me!" *snorts* update soon!

10. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Vongchild: I agree highly. But as uneven as they are... they are a wonderful match.

JediFalcon: Right away!

Partner! Why thank you! [face_blush] I really like humour... I usually think that my serious stuff is awkward..

jedi_of_ennth: Why thank you! I was deathly afriad of that part. I wan't sure if it was any good.

VaderLVR64: Yes! I'm sorry! Last post :_| I feel so empty inside!

AriaJediKnight: Ahhhhhhhh! I'm Killing her! I'm killing her! Call the medics! Call the healers! Do SOMETHING! BREATHE!

stormqueen874: Good! I'm glad you liked them. And concider the PM on it's way!

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Aw! Thank you! I'm glad you liked!

~~~

I'm so very glad everyone liked this chapter. I had to rewrite it three times or so before I got it o wirk the way I wanted it too. I wasobsenely proud of it!

But I'll stop yapping your ears off now... and Post the last part!

11. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    ~ ~ ~

Point Nine: Always remember those whom you've left behind.

~ ~ ~

Obi-Wan stood at the gates that separated the lands of the living, and the world of the living... impaired. And he had purpose in being here. Obi-Wan Kenobi, one of the most respected knights in all of history, was waiting.

He'd long lost track of how long he'd been here. Just as he'd lost track of how many of his friends had come to try to drag him away from his place of waiting. He was nearly sure that the only one who thought he hadn't gone completely insane was his Master.

They were all asking why he was waiting. All asking why the felt the need to stand so still. They told him that it was unnatural for even the most disciplined and heavily burdened Jedi Master to sit so still for so long. After all, anyone who knew him had reminded him, that even though his patience was revered throughout the order, even he preferred to be moving about and active.

Though if he was completely honest with himself, even he didn't know what he was waiting for.

?Obi-Wan??

The knight felt little need to turn to face Anakin Skywalker. After all, his former padawan had come by the most often. ?What is it, Anakin?? He asked kindly.

?... Master... come down for lunch with my family.? Anakin breathed with the same hopeless optimism that had dragged him down so in life. ?You have been a presence at that table for longer than the descendants of my own flesh and blood. Even my mother looks upon you as her kin. Solo... he'd love to have you there...?

Obi-Wan smiled at the mention of the youngest of the Skywalkers daughter's children, and the namesake of his grandfather. Slowly, as the former general pushed himself up from his position in front of the door of worlds, he barely heard Anakin's sigh of relief that somethings were still more important to him than... whatever it was that he was waiting for. That was until the Force began screaming at him to stay where he was, calling out to him to still in this most heinous form of treachery.

He let himself fall back into his former position with a solid thump.

?Master?? Anakin asked tentatively.

?Go on ahead.? Obi-Wan told him settling back comfortably in the soft turf. ?I'll be along shortly.?

?Master-?

?I promise Anakin. I'll make it back home before dessert.? Obi-Wan swore, and he was more than sure that he would be able to keep his word. ?This is just something that I need to do.?

Anakin sighed, as Obi-Wan placed a hand on his shoulder. ?Trust in me brother.? Obi-Wan asked of him. ?Have I ever steered you wrong...??

Looking into crystal eyes sadly, the chosen one breathed only a single word. ?No.?

So Kenobi continued to sit... and to wait.

Just as he was beginning to wonder if he would be able to keep his promise, he felt it.

The gate that separated the realms opened, and Obi-Wan rose.

He blinked in confusion. For walking through the gate was none other than Anakin Skywalker. But that was impossible...

?Ben!?

And that was that.

?Luke!? The young-old man smiled, enveloping the boy who was once his charge into a hug. That was until he felt said brothers son hitting him over the back of his head. ?Ouch.? He grumbled.

?Serves you right for letting Father kill you!? Luke stated firmly. ?You just wait until I get you and Yoda in a room together! You'll both be very, very, sorry.?

Obi-Wan only laughed, and look the boy by the shoulder. ?Speaking of your Father... He'll kill me-?

?Again.? Luke reminded his mentor sharply.

?-If we don't get down to his little feast before he serves dessert. Besides, your Mother and Grandmother will be there-?

?W-What?? Luke sputtered. ?Isn't this going a little fast??

?-They've both been really anxious to meet you since, and even before, your father got here.? Obi-Wan continued, as if his charge had never spoken. ?Asking for the same stories to be told about you... And when I go to visit.... both of them and your father ask me to tell tales. Of all people to ask...?

?Ben??

12. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Always remember... When you join us... We never run out of time

*sniffle sniffle* Oh who am I kidding? *breaks out into full on sobbing*

That was a lovely ending, Seven! Loved the reunion with Ben and Luke, and then Luke meeting his parents... :_| So heartwarming and wrenching at the same time!

Great job! :D

Stormqueen

13. JediFalcon

JediFalcon Jedi Master star 1

Jul 17, 2004
    its over? :_| what a great ending :)

14. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Point Ten: Always remember... When you join us... We never run out of time.

A perfect ending! I really enjoyed reading your story. I love the "living. . .impaired" line. So sad Obi-wan was waiting for Luke but the last line really was so perfect. It brought a smile to my face.

And now just think, Luke gets to meet Qui-Gon and gets to be ambushed with cake by the Jedi Council. ;oD)

bran
    _ThatJediScum_

15. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Great ending! Luke showed up... now I know this is WAY post NJO! But that last point was brilliant. I'm nomming you for something at the winter awards. Don't know what, just that I am.

16. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Paddymine! That was a brilliant finish! [face_love]

Oh, that reduced me to sniffles. It was beautiful. My dear, the last instalment was so moving, with talks of dinner and dishes and Luke!

Wonderful work, dear one. I'm going to re-read the whole series again. =D=

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done! And the reunion was amazing! Bravo! =D=

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh my. Those was just wonderful. I can't really pick one absolute fave but Point Five: Always remember to go home first. The best things are always there. ... does come close!!

19. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    This is what the Beyond board looks like? :p

I could probably count the number of times I've visited this board with the fingers on one hand. Needless to say, I'm quite glad I did. It's a credit to you, as this is probably the first time I've ever posted in a Beyond thread.

Loved the humour, Seven.

[:D]

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Always remember... When you join us... We never run out of time.

That was so beautiful...and sad...:_| :_| :_|

But at least I can imagine everyone getting the happy ending they deserve

Bravo!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005

:D Perfect ending!

?You have been a presence at that table for longer than the descendants of my own flesh and blood. Even my mother looks upon you as her kin. Solo... he'd love to have you there...?
    Obi-Wan smiled at the mention of the youngest of the Skywalkers daughter's children, and the namesake of his grandfather.

Loved the mention of Anakin Solo. :)

22. AriaJediKnight

AriaJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    *Sniff.* That was very sweet and beautiful. *Sniff* I'm fine. I jsut have something in my eye.:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|
    Rachel

23. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    ?Ben!?

And that was that.

Nooo :( I want more wonderfully crafted humour with a healthy sprinking of mush! I want more joyous reactions when I see you've updated! I want you to write more because I'm greedy and just love what you write.

This is a wonderful and very imaginative story that is just a pure delight to read. [face_love]

24. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    What a lovely reward for sneaking into the great Beyond!

Loved all the warm fuzzy moments! Good job!

25. obi-wanfan123

obi-wanfan123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Ahh...

That was very sweet!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.