main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan's Training of Luke

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by MasterGizz, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterGizz

MasterGizz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2003
    Just a quick topic really, something that came to me whilst re-watching ANH for the umpteenth time...

Do you think that if it had been any longer before Luke and Ben Kenobi had met that Kenobi would have gone to find Luke for himself and begun his training (regardless of whether Owen Lars approved)?

Their meeting just seemed very coincidental (or maybe the way of the Force!), and if it had not have occured, Luke would not have been trained, and Kenobi and Yoda would have died out having not trained anybody and thereby ending the Jedi Order.

2. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    I think it was just a will of the force meeting

I doubt Obi-wan would have just started it one day, he was probably waiting for Luke to find him, as being a jedi master he knew he would one day

3. MasterGizz

MasterGizz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2003
    I agree that it could be a will of the Force meeting, but Obi-Wan must have had a heck of a lot of faith to take the risk that they might not have met!

Although maybe it was forseen by either himself or Yoda.

This also stems from the conversation on the Official Site at the moment as to whether Obi-Wan would have trained Leia if he met her first... although maybe that's another thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.