Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like the forum like this. Happy Valetine's Day everyone!!!

[face_love] [face_love] aeryn
  2. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aeryn, you REALLY GOT TO SUBMIT an Obidala icon and a Sabewan icon too!
  3. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to second LadyKenobi's motion for icons. I was looking for an Obidala, Sabewan or even Obi with any girl Friday night. Only thing I found was the I love Obi-wan's which was fine.
  4. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just post the link for icon submission, and I will.

I have added one Obidala story, Beneath the Shadows
    Category: Series, WIP
    Summary: Anakin comes home from a meeting on Alderaan with Bail Organa, only to learn his master has come of age where Jedi are expected to marry, and that his master has taken a wife in his absence. Can their relationship survive after Anakin learns the woman's identity?
    Notes: Obidala. Anakin is a graduated Jedi Knight. Padme and Obi-Wan are in an arranged marriage by the Jedi Council. This is a better spin on my unfinished story Shattered.

~aeryn
  5. luuvermann Jedi Padawan

Hi - I would like to get a site added to your links.

It's http://loveandwar.2ya.com

It's a Fiction Archive very much like fanfiction.net, only its for Star Wars shippers - Obi/Sabe being one of the dozen or so couples listed there.

So drop by - if your an author post your completed and ongoing fics - the more the merrier.
  6. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oooh, thank you very luuvermann! I completed revised Fated to Be's linkage sections but I can add that link too.

~aeryn
  7. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought when I logged in and checked this forum, I saw a duplicate thread of this thread. I started to write a pm, and then dedicated to go back and check in another open window and [sigh of relief] there was only one. But it freaked me out to see a duplicate thread. (at the exact amounth of pages and comments). But nothing to worry, my broswer just went all weird on me.

~aeryn
  8. KrystalBlaze Force Ghost

star 5
  9. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm thinking about staring a Sobiwan blends challenge. Blends Challenge

~aeryn
  10. JazzyJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    That would be very interesting. I might have to see if I can run something up! :)
  11. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. jedi_keladry Jedi Master

star 2
    Query: If I post a story on the one of the Saga Forums here, is it still possible for the story to be archived in the Fan Fiction section of TheForce.Net? That's my goal, to have it archived where it is judged and they don't take just anything. (Sorry if that sounds kinda snobby.)
  13. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If I post a story on the one of the Saga Forums here, is it still possible for the story to be archived in the Fan Fiction section of TheForce.Net?

I think so but I think the rule is that three people must beta your story in order for it to get in. But that shouldn't be hard to do. There's a beta readers thread here on the writer's resource and there's also a big list on theforce.net's fanfiction section.

~aeryn
  14. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a small delimia, well its not small but oh well.

I found one of my old stories in a journal its from an old romance novel that I got the idea from.

Basically there are two sisters. One has two kids the other can not have any kids. The one sister asks the other to be the surogate mother. In the book there is no mystery so I have parts of the mystery in it but still need to work on it. Someone is trying to kill the someone. The sister who can not have children is killed in a simple accident, but I have it to be that someone killed her. (depends on anwwers to my questons as to who is after who) . Now here are my questions. I can't decide if Padme should be married to Obi_wan first or should Sabe. (should it be an Obi_dala or Sabewan) Or should I just write it and offer PM of the alt. versions. There is a custody fight over the child between father and suriving sister. The book has them marrying for the sake of the child and joint custody. Keep in mind that there is a murder mystery in all this (not in the book but in notes and in my head) This story just won't leave me alone. There is some stress in my life right now and I'm hoping that besides reading all the wonderful stories that if I start back to writing or working on some that I've written and try to get them to a posting status that it would help, so this is why I'm even asking this right now. I don't think I've seen this twist before.

2. I have it that they go to Kamino for the (sorry I doing this from memory) procedure. But someone suggested to me that I should do it similar to the Movie Big Chill towards the end, where Glenn Close asks her husband to ..... if you have the video or DVD you can see what I mean.(But I'm not sure on that) maybe as a alt PM (not graphic stuff)the emotional side/ version. Opinions please.

Thats my questions for now. I wanted some opinions on this or would this story be offensive.

15. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have no idea what you're talking about for the second one, but I think the first one should be: (remember, i love both couples, so this is hard for me). padme dies and then eventually it becomes sabewan, or vice versa, which ever one you think is the strongest storyline, i think.

~aeryn
  16. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Aeryn, thats one good opinion for me to think about. :) Have to admit I've been leaning towards it being a Sabewan, unless I can come up with some clever reason for someone wanting to kill Sabe at the begining of the story.

Now regarding the #2 did you mean that you have not seen the movie Big Chill or did I just not make clear what I meant by procedure etc. Sorry, I may not have made it clear. Lets just say that there is the artficial way and there is the old fashion way. I was thinking with artficial would be better for the story, but thats where some one told me about the movie Big Chill. One of the glen close's character's friends wants a baby but does not want to go to a clinic to have one to become preguant, she wanted to know the donor so to speak or at least thats what I was told, so Closes' character decides to let her husband be the donor and to have it done the old fashion way. I don't want to write anything graphic, but would like to try for the emotional side of either way. The only reason I would consider writing using the old fashion way, would be that it would show the absolute trust and love that Padme and Obiwan would have for each other. I mean only a woman who was extremly confident in her husband's love for her would she allow it that way right? :confused:
    Is the whole idea of the story line just a bad one. If anyone does not like the whole story line of sister having the baby for other sister, please let me know, because I don't want to offend anyone. You can pm me if you wish.
  17. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now regarding the #2 did you mean that you have not seen the movie Big Chill

No, I have not seen the movie.

~aeryn
  18. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Crys, I would go with being an Obidala then turn into a Sabewan.
  19. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    that was my hope too, Lady :D I think that would be the strongest plot.

~aeryn
  20. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I can take a hint. :D Truth be told thats the way its written in draft form but I think I've come up witha way to have Sabe in danger. We shall see.

Thanks for the help. I hope you will like it when I get it posted. I'm going to start typing it this weekend from the handwritten notes, so that my mom can start betaing it.

I'm also going to start typing up the Obidala I have called every night at 8 oclock. Based on a book by Marion Smith Collins. Its an old Sillioulte romance that I had twisted into an Obidala. Basically Obi-Wan is a highly respectable General in the republic army and due to all the policial events and public events that he has to attend which he hates, he feels that he needs a wife. Au is that jedi are allow to marry. The trick is he must find the right wife. It helps if she has a somewhat grasp of politics and being inthe public eye. (Padme) Now to to the demands of both of their jobs, they have little time for theirselves as a couple (marriage starts out as one of those just for convience kinds) Padme decides that they need to set up a time for them to discuss things that affect them etc. Hince 8o'clock each night no matter what. It may sound similar to Sara Kenobi's current story, but its not quite like hers. I found the book among my many books a couple of years ago and had wrote some stuff down. So I hope you will like this one too.
  21. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love the idea, crys! PM me when you start posting!!

~aeryn
  22. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Aeryn,

Lady Kenobi has another Love letter in the Obi-wan challenge stories. It is awesome.

23. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    YEAH PM me too, Padawan!

Oh Aeryn it's Obi-Wan not Padme' recalling their wedding. Sorry if I sound pushy.

I'm probablly posting the next "Love Letter" tonight.

TTFN!
  24. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh Aeryn it's Obi-Wan not Padme' recalling their wedding. Sorry if I sound pushy.

No, it's okay Lady. Everything, details need to be accurate.

~aeryn
  25. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have extended the deadline for my Sobiwan Blends Challenge. the contest now runs through the end of April (because February is too short).

~aeryn
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.