Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    I haven written a new Sobiwan viggie. It's very small Sobiwan, though.

Man of the Hour
    Category: Songfic, Viggie
    Summary: An hour after his knighting, Obi-Wan tries to come to terms with his failures and accomplishments. Very small Sobiwan.

~aeryn
  2. KrystalBlaze Jedi Master

star 5
    My fanfic, Unable to Catch a Dream, has been updated with Chapter Fourteen. And after that will come the last chapter. Yes, it's almost done!

-Krystal
  3. KrystalBlaze Jedi Master

star 5
  4. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    I never thought I would have to do this, but Obidala Sanctuary is on hiatus until I find a new host for it. My current host decided not to host fansites anymore, and it's really hard to look for a host that is willing to host a fansite. So for now, OS is on hiatus. I don't know how long it will be, but OS will stay on hiatus until I can find a host.

Sorry. I'm very, very sad about this. I was really happy to get away from brinkster, and going back there is my last option if I can't find a host. Although, I hope I won't have to. I hate it there and if I'm unhappy, it will reflect on updates. I don't want it be that apparent that I'm unhappy.

Obidala Sanctuary's 2nd birhday is on March 30, a day before Ewan's birthday but most likely, OS will not be up then. But if you want to send a birthday card, that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

~aeryn
  5. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ewan's birthday is March 31st? ME TOO! *throws balloons* Sorry to hear about that, Aeryn.
  6. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    Very happy anouncement! Obidala Sanctuary has a new host. When I checked my e-mail, there were two offers. One place I had applied to and another offer. I never thought I would be so lucky.

Obidala Sanctuary will be moving, yet again, but this time to a very nice host, Pure Thoughts

Obidala Sanctuary

~aeryn
  7. jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hi there, I don't know if I've actually introduced myself on this thread before or just lurked. But I am shamelessly plugging my first Obidala story, which I have posted on the Saga Forum, "Sabbatical." Here's the address:

http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/15127305/?17

Here's a little info:

Title: Sabbatical
    Setting: Naboo, in the days after TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Queen Amidala
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Obi-Wan takes a sabbatical to rest and mourn after the death of his knight-master. A mishap with Queen Amidala (literally) brings them together in an unexpected way, and they develop a friendship as he rests.
  8. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    I've already posted the link, jedi_keladry, in the archive! don't feel shy to plug other future obidala fanfics either.

~aeryn
  9. dolphingirl2008 Jedi Youngling

Hey ya'll fellow Obidala/Sabewan fans!!! I am not a big fan of Obidala [face_devil], but I am a big fan of Sabewan :cool:. I can't wait to see some new fics soon!!!! ;) You all are great writers. I am a writer too, but I have never written a Star Wars Fan Fiction before [face_blush]. Although I do enjoy reading them :D. I just don't think that I know as much as some of you do about the Star Wars universe :(. I hope that more experience will give me more confidence to write a story [face_mischief]. Hope to hear from some fellow fans soon!!!!
    -The Dolphin Girl :cool:
  10. jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I've already posted the link, jedi_keladry, in the archive! don't feel shy to plug other future obidala fanfics either.

Whoops! Sorry, didn't mean to step on your toes. I'll be plugging away when they're ready to post to the boards. Thanks!
  11. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    that's okay, jedi_keladry. plugging is allowed here too.

Welcome The Dolphin Girl!! I welcome you to the Sabewan ranks. May i add if you want to read more Sabewan, I know a place you can go. Sobiwan Network Tell Katie, I sent you. :p

~aeryn
  12. dolphingirl2008 Jedi Youngling

Thanks AERYN_SUN! That's actually how I got interested in Sabewan Fan Fiction. It's a great site, but I haven't been there in awhile so I might go check out the updates! Thanks again! Hope to hear from you again!!
    -The Dolphin Girl :p
  13. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    Just call me, aeryn. And I have a Sobiwan website, Fated to Be. But, it's on hiatus though until the 19th.

Fated to Be will be celebrating 1 year online, then!

~aeryn
  14. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    Obidala Sanctuary has a stunning new layout. It took me two days to get it together (the indexx and splash page). And I think by far, this layout is the most exotic one I have ever worked. Creativity, inspiration and beyond. It's soo worth checking out!

~aeryn
  15. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    I have found the Icon's Thread!! I visited the fan art forum, and found a locked thread asking about icons and there was a link there to the official thread.

Icon's Thread Now, I can open up photoshop and get started.

~aeryn
  16. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    IMPORTANT NEWSFLASH: THERE IS A NEW OBIDALA FANSITE. REPEAT: THERE IS A NEW OBIDALA FANSITE. Now, that I have your attention, there is a new Obidala fansite, Kept Promises. The webmis e-mailed me asking if she wanted to be affiliates. One click of the button and I went to her site, and I was so excited. A New Obidala fansite, a new site in the ranks!!! Of course I tagged on her tagbaord and said yes, and then that was followed by a lot of screaming and crying. And then I opened up Dreamweaver and added the link to the Obidala links and affiliate section.

And there's a Kept Promises Forum

~aeryn
  17. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    I will be posting a new Sabewan series shortly (not related to Defining us, or its sequel). It was actually inspired by writer's resource love letters anthology. I wrote a short love letter between Obi-Wan and Sabé, and lately, I have been adding more letters to their story. I think it'll probably span up through AotC and then, maybe Episode III.

~aeryn
  18. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EWAN!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
  19. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    Happy belated birthday, Ewan :D

The Fanfiction Newsletter for March is up, and all of the ratings for the past Valetine's Day Love Letter Competition too. No news yet though of the winners of the Saga thread but I think you can tell from the ratings which ones will be in the running.

I worked some more of the next post for 'I'll Wait for You' I still want to work on it some more before I post but it'll have to be after my math class. I have a big test today. I'll probably post on Friday at the latest.

~aeryn
  20. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    RE: The Saga "Love Letter Challenge"
    I think Crys and I are in!
  21. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    RE: The Saga "Love Letter Challenge"
    I think Crys and I are in!

Good luck to you both :D

As you may have noticed, I didn't update, "I'll Wait for You" yesterday. I was busy. I had to make sure everything with my computer was working okay since I had an upgrade, and fix my websites since all of the main images weren't showing up in my browser like they were supposed to and had to go with my dad to drop off my brother in D.C, so he could catch a ride back to N.Y.

There's a lot of stuff I want to do with Chapter 9 so maybe later next week, I'll be able to post. Sorry for the delay.

~aeryn
  22. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    I only have time for one post. I think I will start to look at Fallen Angels again this week. It has been so long since I last looked at it. My aim for posting is now, probably around late Summer. I want to finish the series first and then post. And it saves time that way. I don't want my readers to wait weeks for inspiration to come.

I'm not sure if I will write a new trailer for it.

Visit the Sabewan Message Board and I'm running a Sabewan Blends Challenge at Fated to Be The challenge runs until the end of April. I may extend it though if people need more time.

~aeryn
  23. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    RE:Love Letter Challenge-"The Saga".
    Crys nor I didn't win.
    I think some people are SCARED of Obidala!
  24. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    That's okay, Lady. It was a tough competition will all of the wonderful submissions. Oooh, my Sobiwan Love Letters entry, I have decided to make it into a series. I've actually started to post it on Fate Forbidden, if you want to read it. Eventually, it will come here.

~aeryn
  25. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks for the comfort, My Friend.
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE SERIES!

Happy Easter and Happy Passover to ALL!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.