main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Three weeks now without updating, "I'll Wait for You" and Chapter 9 is still siting beside my bed at home :( I've just been so busy with school but good news, spring semester is almost over.

And I probably won't take any spring classes but my dad does want to look for a job. So, I don't know. We'll see how things go. I hate having to put so many fanfics of mine on hiatus, I feel horrible about it.

~aeryn

2. Tekli_theInsane

Tekli_theInsane Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Did I read the title of this thread correctly? 8-}

Wow, when I began this viggie, I never really intended for it to be an Obidala, but after the first draft, I realized it could be interpreted that way... I'm not an Obidala or Sabewan shipper (I'm not a shipper of pretty much any prequel ship) but it is kind of interesting if you look at it from an Obidala perspective. I don't mind it being construed as either an A/P or an Obidala. It is rather heavy on the Obidala side, though... :)

Thanks for mentioning me! (Even if it was a sort of accident... [face_blush])

Oh, and here's the link...
    A Lull in Pandemonium

3. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    I found it! hehe. I've been looking for an Obidala thread and I finally got it. Sorry, got excited for a minute.

~ Crystal ~

4. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    I have made a sock for my AU LOTR crossover fiction, it's Eowyn_Kenobi.

I'm going to start writing a fic called "Refuge" set during AOTC, Aragorn gives Obi-Wan, Padme' and Anakin refuge from the assassins. Once there the secertly married (at least a secret from Anakin) Obi-Wan (Prince Benjamin of Kertios) and Padme'(Princess Padme' of Kertios) concieve their first child.

HOPE you folks WILL like it!

SeeYa!

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks for the heads up, lady :D welcome Tekli_theInsane! i wouldn't worry about not being a 'shipper but writing an obidala. there are some obidala authors here like that too. i think of fanfiction as experimenting a lot, and these boards are a great place to experiment.

~aeryn

6. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday dear Aeryn. Happy Birthday to You!

Hope you have a GREAT ONE, My Friend!

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks lady :D

~aeryn

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Sorry to be late in saying Happy Birthday Aeryn. Hope you had a great one.

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I did, Crystal.

Edit: I am working more on Fallen Angels (I'm almost done with the AoTc) part, and then onto Episode III though I think that part will be shorter. I don't know. We'll see how it goes.

~aeryn

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm back from the dead! My computer was hit by that really horrible Sasser virus (that's also a reason I'm taking troubleshooting classes this summer). Give two or three days to regroup.

~aeryn

11. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    I will soon write a new Obidala fic called "The Dragon and The Rose". The summarry is this A Knight Diplomat protects his Senator wife from assassins and the advances of his former Master and his Master's Padawan.

Qui-Gon lives and he and Anakin are protecting Padme' from the assassins, but it's Padme' that's going to need protecting from Jinn and Skywalker.

There will be a PG rated version on this site.

Stay tuned!

12. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *creeps in quietly* ;)

I just posted an Obidala, a WIP, called The Cell. (Dark dark dark! :p ) Summary: Obi-Wan and Padme are captured and put in a cell by Palpatine. Then something goes wrong ...

I hope my posting here is okay. :)

13. SobiFan

SobiFan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Sorry to seem dumb, but what exactly is a WIP?

14. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    WIP = Work in Progress. :)

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Cool, Lady-Kenobi! My computer is not working again, I may have to wait until June for everything to be back to normal (d**n sasser virus) :( But I am working on the sequel to Defining Us, Fallen Angels and I have a beta now! I'm almost done with the AoTC part of it, and then onto Episode III.

About postage: Since it's still a work in progress, and not even close to being finished, I'd have to say fall/spring 2005 (don't be surprised if I start posting near the opening of Epsiode III, though).

I don't know if I'll do a rewrite after the movie comes out but I probably won't. I really don't know. We'll see ;)

~aeryn

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Last week, I had an idea for Defining Us. It's been about a year since Defining Us and while I'm still working on the sequel, what if I submitted Defining Us to theforce.net fanfiction archive? I submitted my request for two beta-readers and I had at least 5-6 replies of people who were interested.

I have no cover art (something I plan to do myself). Although my computer is still a work in progress, I still want to do the cover art.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you all know and I have found a beta for Fallen Angels too.

~aeryn

17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I have been nominated for best poem for the second time! The first time I was nominated best poem for 'Can't Stop Loving You' an Obidala poem. I didn't win but this time the poem that has been nominated is a Sabewan poem I wrote, titled Back to the Beginningin The Saga category with two nominations!

I won't attend the ceremony if it's really late again like last time (my parents weren't too happy about me staying up until midnight to hear if I had won or not, which I didn't). So, I will check the awards thread like everyone else the next day, or to save me time, if someone attends the ceremony, you could pm me if I won or not.

~aeryn

18. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    HOORAY FOR AERYN!

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm still working on Fallen Angels and I have a beta now. I'm now devoting about half of my time working on it, so it's not just sitting in my e-mail anymore. It actually being worked on.

Fallen Angels, if you all don't know, is the sequel to Defining Us. I'm not likely to finish it this summer so I will aim for a 2005 postage.

~aeryn

20. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    I know what you mean, My Friend! I have been working on "Bride of "The Dragon"" (A prequal to "The Dragon and The Rose".)in bits and pieces for a week or two now.

So good luck!

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm been working on Fallen Angels since last summer/fall when I finished Defining Us. So, it's two years now.

Sorry Lady.

~aeryn

22. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    "Love Letters-Part III" has been edited to make the crossover element more realistic (keeping Middle Earth a planet and not a system).

23. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Hey Lady, I did get your pm. Most likely, I will work on the updates Tuesday, or Thursday at the latest but it will definitly be done before I leave summer school.

~aeryn

24. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Cool! Thanks, My Friend!

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    This is my last week at summer school and sadly (not the last week part)my computer is still broken. It's still in New Jersery (don't ask why it had to taken care of out of state). My computer will be in NJ until July 4th, so if there are any new Sabewan or Obidala fanfics, poetry between now and July 4, please post the link here in the thread.

I will try and go with my dad to the office on Saturdays to check up on things but during the week, I will no access to a working internet.

I hope my beloved Dell can be fixed but in the meantime, if there is anything new to be added to the archive, please post the links, authors and summ here in the thread.

Thank you.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.