main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Yes, I'm finally back! My computer has been fixed and I edited/revised a new layout for Obidala Sanctuary

~aeryn

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly and if not feel free to whack my virtual hand with a ruler. I've written my very first Obidala and here is the info.

Until Now
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Genre: Angst (vignette)
    Characters: Obi-Wan and Padme (duh)
    Summary: Obi-Wan has one last chance to be with the woman he loves.

I guess that about sums it up! I'm VERY new to this pairing, so please be patient if my characterizations of them seem a little off kilter. I'm trying to adjut my view of reality, LOL! Seriously, great thread idea!

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    VaderLVR64, plugging is fine. I already got you covered, your fic is in the index on the first page. No need to worry.

~aeryn

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Back to Beginning

...won Best "The Saga" Poem in the 2004 Fanfiction Summer Awards!! No other Sabewan or Obidala authors won any major awards, even though some were nominated.

~aeryn

5. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Congrats on the win, My Friend!

I'm sorry I took so long, but I'm a bit peeved that "So It Begins" didn't win "Best Crossover" in Before the Saga.

Congradulations to you Aeryn!

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Congruations Aeryn. =D=

7. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Since this is obidala and i am writing an obidala then i guess i could whack it on here

http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/16229314/?35
    Author:Sdhfs
    Genre:Romance,action
    Characters:eek:bi-wan,Padme and a few dozen more
    Timeline:Aotc
    Summary:Would Padme still find love if obi-wan and Anakin's places where switched ?

Hope that like works.

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I already archived that story, sdhfs. Thanks Lady and Crystal. I was shocked, really shocked. Then again, everytine I checked the voting thread for The Saga and scrolled down to the poetry section, mine was the only one listed. But it's nice to be recognized.

Personally, I don't think poetry is my strongest area of writing (my dad says I'm good) but I'm still not sure myself.

~aeryn

9. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Could me gives you a late you deserves it aeryn

10. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
  11. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Aeryn here is my first published Sabewan. The first part with Obi-wan is up, later probably next week sometime Sabe's part will be up then I will have the part with both up. At least I hope this will qualify as a sabewan.

Where the Heart wants to be

12. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    HOORAY! I hope you have Crys archieved already!

If you already do then THANKS, MY FRIEND!

13. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Aeryn, when you have time please archieve my Padawan's story.

I'm SO PROUD of her!

Sorry if I was too pushy in the last post, but I'm just a very proud (and a little bit crazy) Master.

14. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    THANKS AERYN!

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Where did you post it, Lady?

~aeryn

16. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    It was my Padawan CrystalKenobi that posted "Where the Heart Wants to Be" on "The Saga" thread!

It's a Sabewan story, not Obidala.

17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Oh okay, I think I archived that one already.

~aeryn

18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I just wanted to point out, there's a brand new Obidala fanlisting Dauntlessthe old one hosted at lose-my-faith.nethad been down for a long time so someone made a new one. So, if you're an Obidala fan, I suggest you join and spread the word to other Obidala 'shippers.

~aeryn

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    My not-yet-posted sequel to Defining Us, Fallen Angels, will be ready for postage this spring. I've already written a new trailer for it, and once my beta gets through with the next chapters and I finish writing the story and stuff, renumber chapters (because it's gonna be in novella format again), get that fixed, I should be ready for the spring.

the sequel will cover events before, during attack of the clones, then span through episode iii and then part of a new hope. so, i hope everyone will like it.

~aeryn

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    September 23, 2004: Gina

I have read several of Gina's viggies and in all of them, her descriptions are so vivid you almost feel like you're a witness to the scenes themselves, or that you're only an ear shot away. The way she writes characters, stays true to how they would act in the movies and she's just an amazing writer.

How Long Have You Been An Obidala 'Shipper? If you're not, why did you feel compelled to write an Obidala fic?

I've been reading Obidala stories ever since I discovered fan fiction, which was about a year and a half ago. I guess I don't really consider myself a 'shipper for any one specific pairing, though, because I love reading (and writing) character-driven stories dealing with relationships in general, whether that be non-romantic relationships, such as the Master/Padawan relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin or Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, or romantic relationships, such as Obi-Wan and Sabé, Anakin and Padmé or Obi-Wan and Padmé.

What aspects of the Obidala relationship appeals to you?

What appeals to me about the Obidala relationship is the history between their characters. Obi-Wan and Padmé experienced so many struggles together in the first two prequels and will no doubt experience many more in RotS. The idea that these shared experiences could lead to something more than just a friendship is the aspect of their relationship that I like to explore.

What's Your favorite Obidala fanfic?

There are so many! I would have to say Hope's Sanctuary by jedi_keladry. It's such a compelling, beautiful love story.

Favorite Obidala Author? Why?

Again, there are several. jedi_keladry is definitely among my favorite Obidala authors. She has such an eloquent writing style, and her characterizations are wonderful.

What Inspires you to write your Obidala fics?

My favorite romantic books and movies have always been those in which the characters start out as merely friends, or maybe even enemies, but over time, those feelings slowly start to evolve into love. That's the way I like to write my Obidala fan fiction stories.

What's Your Favorite non-Obidala piece you've written? Why?

"The Handmaiden's Gift." It was another chance to explore a relationship, this time between mother and daughter, but under a set of quite unusual circumstances.

Are you working now on any fanfics, viggies that aren't posted here on the boards? If so, what are they about?

Well, I have one completed story in the Archives that I never posted here, "The Betrayal." It's an Ep. 3 speculation piece. As far as works in progress not on the boards, I'm working on an Obidala short story that is sort of a sequel to "Alone." It's still in the planning stage right now.

Stories/Viggies She's Written:

A Handmaiden's Gift
    A Certain Kinship
    Alone
    Peace, My Knight
    When Angels Fall

End of Interview Nominations for Next Obidala Author Interview

~aeryn

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a great interview! I've read The Betrayal on the archives and when I realized that it was Gina who had written it I had to tell her how wonderful that story was! It was absolutely fantastic! In fact, it was my favorite story I read on the archives and that's saying a lot! Gina is an absolutely incredible writer, but more importantly, she's a wonderful person. I urge everyone to check out The Betrayal, you won't be sorry!

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    The First Ever Angst Awards: Oboana won quite a few for "The Cell" and jedi_kelandry won one:

Obi: And the winner for Best Torture of a Canon Character is...
    Obi-Wan and Padme in The Cell by Obaona!

Obi (cont.):And the winner for this is...for the person who claimed in her thread that she didn't have a prayer of winning this...
    Obi-Wan finding out about Padme's death in Hope's Sanctuary by Jedi_Keladry!

Best Ep3 speculation
    The winner is The Cell by Obaona!

The winner for most imaginative is...
    The Cell by Obaona

~aeryn

23. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Congrats to both Obaona and Jedi Kelandry. =D=

Aeryn - I've been trying to get into Restless for the past week, do you know if they are down or something?

24. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    I've checked too, Padawan and it seems that something is not right.

I really wanted to add more chapters to my "Mature Stories".

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I think its the My SQL Database. Lady Saille is working on the site, so that might be it.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.