Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Restlessthe official Obidala fanfic archive is finally back to normal.

~aeryn
  2. DarthSabe Jedi Knight

Aaahhh . . . there are others like me . . .

I've grown used to Sabewans and Obidalas being scored by much of the fandom, so it's wonderful to see how well-explored this s'hip is.

My being a Sabewan 'shipper is so ingrained with my understanding of the GFFA that the two are impossible to that. Having said that, in the deep dark caverns of my brain I've paired up Obi-Wan with just about every eligible female I can think of . . . go on, try me! *Cringes, because she /knows/ people will think up ones she hasn't thought of*

I'm one of those people who thinks Mara is Sabé and Obi-Wan's daughter. Come on, it makes sense!
  3. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. Denny Jedi Knight

star 3
    hiya! been so long I don't come here I don't even know if it's the same thread! the whole Star Wars fevah is coming back, I felt the need to unite with the handmaiden lovers and such!

5. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  6. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It took me a whole year but the sequel to Defining Us, Fallen Angels is finally here. I figured since everyone had to wait such a long time, I posted all of Chapter 1.

~aeryn
  7. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Sobiwan Network - CLOSED!!!

It's what I feared all along everytime I visited the sobiwan network and the only thing that came up was a "coming soon" page. The Sobiwan Network is officially closed, which means for the time being, both Fated to Be and Pure have no homes. I still want to continue running these two sites, so if anyone wants to offer hosting, please, I don't want to close down FtB and Pure, espicially since Pure is only a year old now.

~ aeryn
  8. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    To all those interested "Twist of the Fates" will post on Sundays (definate), Tuesdays(a will see), and Wednesdays (another will see).

Thank You
    Lady-Kenobi
  9. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Aeryn

Sorry to hear about the sobiwan network. I hope you find a new home for your website, I like it very much.

LK look forward to your next post.
  10. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
  11. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, I have found a home for both Fated to Be & Pure. I'll make the official re-opening announcement soon for Fated to Be.

~aeryn
  12. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
  13. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Fated to Be reopened awhile ago actually but I forgot to post here. Obidala Sanctuary turns 3 years old today, March 30! OS originally opened March 30, 2002.

It's almost hard to believe but true.

~ aeryn
  14. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    According to this thread urls are going to change when the move happens. Since the archive is so big, it would really help me for you guys (the authors) to keep track of your fics and repost the new urls here on the thread and I'll correct them.

~aeryn
  15. Yui-chan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Up!

hi everyone. *waves* I'm a prodigal handmaiden/sabe fan, and I go waaaaaaaay back, and was once the webmistress of Closer to Sabe. The host deleted it without notice! It's not my fault.

Anyway... I don't know a lot of people here, but my interest in Sabe has been sparked again, so you guys just keep doing what you're doing.

I know Denny is this forum, and I just like to apologize.. I was supposed to be beta for Denny's story but real life--well, it got in the way! :( I'm really sorry!

So that's it. back to lurking!

Edit/shameless plugging: I also have a fic up (yes, my first Sabewan after 3 years!) -- At the End of All Things Sobiwan, of course.
  16. JazzyJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi!

Aeryn Sun, hope everything is going well with your site! I have been having trouble accessing some or all of it lately. Today I'm getting an unknown host message. I hope it's staying!

Yui-Chan, good to see you back! I loved the start of your story, and I'm looking forward to more! :)

Cheers, y'all!
    Jazzy
  17. Yui-chan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you for the welcome Jazzy! Would it be strange to say that I've missed all of this? And that I feel old, because one of my stories is in the "classics" section??

Hi to everyone again! :)
  18. JazzyJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Aeryn Sun, I found your new site and have changed my bookmark. I'm so relieved that it was just a move and that we didn't lose it!

Yui, congrats on being the first to do an outlaw Sabé. I guess any fic that's post ROTS will probably depict her as an outlaw or at the very least outside of the mainstream Empire. Did you decide to wait until you'd seen Episode III before doing another fic? I found AOTC just wasn't as inspirational as TPM, and I wonder if others felt the same.

Jazzy
  19. Yui-chan Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's the first? Wow. :) Thanks for the very kind feedback. Especially coming from you. :)

Not finding AOTC inspirational is an understatement. I actually just watched AOTC again for fic-related reasons and a lot of it didn't make sense to me. The fact that the script was atrocious was icing on a very bad cake.

In a way, I guess I WAS waiting for ROTS to happen, so just I had a firm foundation on how the story was going to turn out. It really bothers me to go too far off from the original storyline, but that's just me.

But other than that, I actually felt this tingle of, "I wanna write something!" when I watched ROTS, and the last time I felt that was back when TPM was first shown. So yeah, you're not the only one, Jazzy. :)

20. JazzyJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Just stopping by to put in a quick plug for a lovely fic on ff.net.

The Naboo Chronicles is an AU that addresses what might have happened if the Jedi Council never accepted Anakin. There's lots to like in this fic: good scenes for the Anakin/Amidala 'shippers, the Sabé/Obi 'shippers, handmaiden fans, and those who just like a well written AU.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2283051/1/
  21. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I saw that fic on board somewhere. I'll archive it once I find it. Yeah, Fated to Be didn't sudennly go away. sw-destiny was down the last couple of days down due to bandwidth reasons but I've moved ino forbidden-love.net (Obi-Wan and Sabe's love is forbidden, so the new url is perfect ;)

The new address is http://www.forbidden-love.net/fated and I've even updated the new url on the first page where fansites are listed.

~aeryn
  22. Yui-chan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi all.

Just a random question that popped out of my mind while writing...however, the troublesome thing is, it won't let go, so I decided to ask you guys about it.

I was just wondering...do you think that there's a particular character that Keira has played in other movies that would be consistent with Sabe's character? Like, do you think her Guinevere character in King Arthur would be closer, or her character in Princess of Thieves is more accurate? How about her character in Bend it Like Beckham? Or Love Actually, where she co-stars with Qui-gon--er, Liam Neeson?

This sounds really silly but I'm so curious to know what everyone thinks. :) Most of her characters are strong-willed, tough chicks, so that's a good sign, right?

PS: Thanks for putting me in the archive, Aeryn! :)
  23. Yui-chan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Did I just kill this thread dead without knowing it?

PS: Tell me I'm wrong, but I think Within You is closed. Sadness.
  24. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4
    I always thought of Sabe resembling Guinevere in King Arthur, there is something really noble about her something that lasts forever and I see that in Sabe, maybe Sabe would be slightly less forward as Guinevere in the begining but she would find her own feet with Obi Wan and become a really strong character in her own right. Just my own thoughts.
  25. Yui-chan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh so I didn't kill it? *sigh of relief* :p

Guinevere...yes, she definitely has a lot of characteristics like our Sabé! I was actually thinking the same thing. :) Thanks, Hananiah! Actually asked that question for my fic, so at least I can have different perspectives on what Sabé might be like. :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.