main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Title of story [with link} by Author [with link]
    'Shippers: Obidala or Sabewan

Summary of story:
    Rating system is as follows: All rates are up 5 lightsabres. [4 out of five lightsabres ie.)

Your review can include

-- a quote or paragraph from the story itself
    -- your over all feeling of the story
    -- anything else you want to add, that's fine

To submit reviews: Both reviewers must send me a draft of the review to look over and then you I will post the review. You can can pm the reviews to me. i'll look them over and post them.

note: i still need an obidala reviewer. also note, there aren't very many and many of them are very short.

2. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    a knight & his lady is currently dow, probably under going another face lift but will be back up soon.

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    hey all,

i just got the most wonderful pm from amidala_skywalker. read it below:

AERYN_SUN,

Congratulations!

As you may know, the Winter 2002 Fanfiction Awards are currently running. Nominations have already closed, and after counting up the numbers, you have gathered enough recommendations to progress to the next stage: final voting. For that I will need an excerpt from either a piece of your work for the author categories, a story piece for the general and other categories, or a scene with the person that has been nominated for the character category. Such excerpts should be one-two pages in length, in Times New Roman size 12 font in Microsoft Word. Below, I have listed which of your fanfiction(s) has been nominated and in what category. Further rules can be seen following the aforementioned list. If you have any concerns, please PM me.

?Can?t Stop Loving you? for ?Readers? Choice Poem?

my poem has been nominated as choice poem; i'm supposed to select an excerpt from one of my fics and send that to her.

a/n: this is the first actual contest here where i have been nominated!

~aeryn

4. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Congralations!!!

5. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    Wild_Huntress-Good point! :D

6. Obis-Grl

Obis-Grl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Yay twin yay!
    I am so happy for you!
    You did it for all twin, you broke the mold!

Go show me where to go and vote and I'll be there!

:)

7. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey congrats Aeryn_Sun! :D Hope you win.

I got a nomination but didn't quite make it to the finals. :( Oh well. :)

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    my nomination was actually because of a lot of reccomendations.

9. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    Good for you twin! Getting all those recommendation!

*Throws confetti*

You show um who is boss in the poem world!

:D

Also I want to state something to the world, even if its going off topic. Trying to find a beta is not fun. Its scary...and depressing.

Now lets get back to the celebration!

GO TWIN! GO TWIN! GO GO GO TWIN!

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    many thanks, twin :D i'll let you all know when the voting begins. actually, i'm not really sure since this is the first time i'm actally involved in this type of thing.

but i'll let you all know once i learn something.

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i should probably mention this since Ewan Dedications is a section of Obidala Sanctuary.

I have decided I still start taking submissions for Ewan Celebration. The theme for the 1st Celebration will be [drum roll]? The Kiss! I think this is pretty easy to do and it can be worked out different ways. All forms accepted [fan art, fanfic, poetry etc.] I will start taking submissions for Ewan Celebration staring Feb 4 through March 30! You have two months to work on something and submit it.

I haven?t decided if I will issue an award to the best presentation of the kiss but if anyone thinks of anything, please pm me.

See the below link for submission guidelines & rules!

Ewan Celebration 2003 - Rules & Deadline

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Before the Saga Thread

this is a really minor thing but in the before the saga thread, there's a abbr. code for obidala, which is obviously obidala.

2nd:

A Knight & His Lady is down, under-reconstruction. But if you're trying to access Restless and have the old url bookmarked, go to A Knight & His Lady

and click on the banner for Restless as the bottom and bookmark the new url.

3rd:

i should also mention i've been doing a lot of revising to Obidala Sanctuary (a lot of url changes and general house cleaning). the site is accessable. also, i have added the Review Forum as I had talked about earlier.

Obidala Sanctuary Review Forum

~aeryn

13. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    well, i was going to update the archive last night but i ran into a minor editing problem.

i wasn't going to worry about it last night since i was late, so i woke up early this morning and started to revise again. but then i realized, if i did something, something else would be affected so i copied the entire archive to wordpad and revised everything from there.

so now, everything is update and with a whole new look. and um, the archive has a banner! check it out on the top of the first page.

(now you all know why so many edits are read at the top of the first page ;)

Fated to Be Update

well, i still want it to be in frames and yes, the site will be accessable at some in time. i am returning to school jan 13 which means my first day of web page design. it'll probably take a while to get to the frame issue but if that is the case, i will read ahead in that big book and re-read if i need to.

14. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    Oh I think I am going to start with my submission for the Ewan Celebration very soon!

Hehehehe...

Twin I have a question, can it be done as a song fic?

Please!

:)

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    any way you want. form is not limited.

btw, check out the first page. i've revised it and yes, there's now a banner!

hey, i thought i'd add this. it's a script, an Obidala Episode I. It still follows Episode I, there's just more Obidala hints.

Obidala - Star Wars: Episode I Fan script

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    if you haven't visited the link for information on ewan celebration, the theme for the 1st one is...The Kiss!

Obidala Update:

I e-mailed the webmistress of A Dream Within & asked her what the status of the site, and she replied back that it was on hiatus but will probably be up during the summer.

17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I need story summaries from the following authors for their story/ies.

Sabe Story by Dorme
    A Jedi Must Know by ForceAchtungBaby
    To Love a Jedi by janiasolo
    Just a Handmaiden by Jedi_Cyana
    Strange Love by jedi-thespian
    Keepers of Two by Sabina_Sinistra

2nd:

A Knight & His Lady is back with a beautiful new layout!

3rd:

I have registered with Fandom Nation.Net under my regular pen name obi's girl. So far, I have only posted three fics but I'm confident over time, I'll post more Obidala fics and non-SW fics.

18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I've added one new Obidala fic by PadmeSolo. It's really beautifully written. The link is on the first page of the archive.

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I had this funny Obidala dream last night...

I had this funny Obidala dream last night. My dream starts several years later after Episode III. Padme & Obi-Wan meet again, both are old and reminisce about Anakin's downfall. It looks like Padme came to Obi-Wan first and asked him for protection from Anakin, but didn't tell him she was pregnant with twins. Obi-Wan found out from another source she was pregnant and bluntly told her she should have told him immediately because he didn't think Anakin was a very serious threat to her.

They escape Naboo immediately, and Obi-Wan and Padme make a pit stop at a bar on Corellia or something, but Anakin finds them and Padme alerts Obi-Wan he's there, and they run again.

And George Lucas calls cut and I ask him (as Natalie Portman I guess) what he thought? He said he liked it, and Rick nods yes too. And I ask him now that Anakin is after them; will there be more of a story between Obi-Wan/Padme? Will they get closer? (From that question, you know it was I really asking and not Natalie Portman). He said yeah. I also asked him if the movie was going to be longer and he said yeah again.

I jumped up and down and screamed, "Oh yeah! Great, I won't have to read fanfiction anymore! Yeah baby," and I turned to Ewan and smiled, "I'm an Obidala fan," thus explaining my outburst.

It just shows you, even in your dreams, you are a devoted ?shipper fan.

20. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    LOL gotta love Obi-Wan!!! :D
    Thats a cool dream!!! Be even greater [and very ironic] if that happens in the movie.

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i doubt very much it will, but if it doesn't, there's always fanfiction :D

~ahm, i think it's time to start up the obi-wan's true love discussion again, otherwise this thread will be very quiet.

2nd, i was sitting in english class today when i thought of cueii and remembered this obidala dream i had recently. what does this all mean? i might be inspired to write another chapter and then send it off to theed and continue and finally finish the series.

22. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    2. That sounds like a wonderful idea. The dream is very inspiring and I also feel like writting something new too :)

1. A true love? Well, that gets extramly complex. Was Obi-Wan really ever ment to have a true love. (That's a hard question for even me to ask and I'm a hopeless romantic [face_love] ) Do we really want to know is another thing. Obi could lose some of his mistic' in all. Don't we kind of feed off that untouchable quality? In truth I think if Obi-Wan and Padme were ment, they would have fallin in love, but after all this is GL's mind we're talking about and what does he really, truly and completely know about love? lol. However, I still stand beside I don't honestly know and will continue thinking it could be Padme or any other girl for that matter.

That was my insiped talk. It's okay if you didn't read it all. :)

Heather

23. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    Wow twin! What a great dream...you always have the interesting ones...

Heather (My beta!) you make a good point. Maybe Obi having that kind mystery about is what draws us in. But I like to question the 'what ifs.' Like being able to see the other sides of his character if he did find love whether it be Padme, Sabe, or an OC. I think it makes things more interesting that way. :)

I think I'm most certainly doing that with my newest fic The Winds of Fate (I'm such a shameless self promoter. But would you want me to be any different?) :)

Maeve

24. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    like i said, it shows you're really devoted 'shipper when you start dreaming your favorite 'shipper.

dude, wouldn't it be cool if i had a dream about obi-wan/sabe, too? it would make the circle complete :D

i sent Theed three e-mails but still no reply (regarding cueii). well, i'll check again tomorrow, and hopefully there will be mail in my inbox.

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    a long time ago, i posted another chapter to Clone Wars.

Clone Wars

~~

I just checked my e-mail a little while ago, and still no reply from Theed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.