main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    You put my fic here!!!! *grins* thank you, thank you!! :p *sends Aeryn some chocolate* :D

This is a really resource...I'm very glad you've kept it up! :)

_PSK_

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, PadmeSolo ~~ I know i'll never be the webmistress of Restless, but at least I have the archive here i can play with.

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i watching an old episode of buffy last night while i was waiting for a cd to be burned when i had this urge to write a short obidala fanfic. i wrote like 4 paragaphs and then my mom called me upstairs to work on math :(

but when i went to bed, i printed out what i had and wrote more. i don't know when i'll be able to work on this obidala fic (since i have two others i should be focusing on) but i'll try to and type them up and post the link here asap.

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i've written a short obidala fic, set during episode iii.

it's called Don't Know How to Say Goodbye

Padme must say goodbye to Obi-Wan before he takes Luke to Tatoonie, but finds she doesn't know how to and he doesn't know how to either.

also regarding 'into the darkness' i don't know if i'll write another chapter to it. it was really meant to be a single post.

3rd, an currently untitled episode ii update. theed did get my e-mails about one of my conclusion ideas and i hav written up a new chapter (which i probably should post before i forget about it).

this is what i'll do. i'll post the new chapter and then send the copy i have to theed and she can work with that.

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    hey all,

many of you were asking when the voting for the Winter 2002 Fanfic Awards will begin. Well, read the author announcement below for your answer:

Author Announcement from: Amidala_Skywalker

Since many people have being asking me about the Fanfiction Awards, I thought I might comment on them here. I?ve waited patiently for three weeks for people to hand in excerpts, and eventually resorted to picking some myself. At the moment I?m waiting on five people who have promised me their excerpts before the week is out. I trust they will keep their word, and I?ll soon be designing the layout for the awards ? complete with mark-up codes, etc. I apologise for the lengthy wait, but I can?t say I feel comfortable sending users constant reminders. It?s not my place to act like an annoying bug when I?m sure they have serious RL issues going on. For those who are disappointed by my stance on this and how I?ve been handling the awards, you can deliver your complaints to me by Private Message. For those who continue to wait patiently, I thank you for your endearing support. If all goes to plan, the voting thread will be open early next week.

of course, i have a lot of obidala fic updates..

cueii. for those that have following cueii (currently untitled episode ii) and have been begging me for a new chapter, ask and you shall receive.

CUE ii has been updated and there's a special Author's Note at the beginning of the chapter.

also, i just sent off the second version of the chapter to my co-author, Theed so hopefully, there will be a CH 8 soon, too.

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i've written another Obidala fic, titled Another Sunrise

While watching a beautiful sunrise on Alderaan, Padme thinks about Obi-Wan and the possiblity she might never see him again...

Also, I've added a small bio about me to the thread.

I've discovered a new Obidala fansite, properly named Obidala

i'll add the link to Obidala Sanctuary this afternoon.

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    AERYN_SUN's Fan Art Thread features a lot of Obidala fan art I've created, and my latest. Has some Sabewan and surprise, a dark Anakin/Padme fan art.

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I revised all the Obidala Sanctuary Forum Topics

For those that don't already know, I am in the process of making an Obi-Wan/Sabe 'shipper site and am currently playing with a new layout, but still using frames.

I haven't forgotten about FtB and in fact, work on it whenever I can. I've finished creating all the main pages.

Note: I'm not that familiar with frames so bear with me if I take a long time, making sure everything is working.

Besides FtB, I'm also working on a new layout and format of my second site. So, that'll slow me down a little.

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I just got this message from Aanix Durray:

I'm currently designing a website focusing on Obi-wan which will feature several sub-sites dedicated to his many love interests (Obidala, Sabewan, and Siri [which I'm dubbing Siriwan ]). It will also feature an archive for Obi/other stories (but since the archive is invite-only as of yet I'll try and eliminate all Mary Sues) and I need to give a title to the genre (like Obidala or Sabewan). Since you're the Fanfic boards resident Ewanophile, I thought I'd ask for your input (you could also enlist the help of those at the Obidala/Sabewan archive if you like).

any help would be appreciated :D

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Today is the day, the first day of Ewan Celebration submissions I look forward to reading what you guys came up with. Just a reminder, the theme is the Kiss and I'll only accept G through PG-13 fics.

I still haven't decided on an award but if I don't, I think I'll just use the awards from E.S.M.A in conjunction with EC '2003'.

My e-mail: obikenobi_gurl@msn.com or ewans_lovergurl@hotmail.com

~ obi's girl

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I wrote a short and sad Obidala poem last night, and tonight, I thought I lost it but I found it. It can be found in my Obidala poetry collection, it's titled 'Love Across the Stars'.

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I spotted a new Obidala fic tonight, Let Me Be Your Hero on board. It's short, wonderfully written...If you're an Obidala 'shipper, you must read this fic.

13. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Besides submitting Obidala or Sabewan fanfics, you can also use this thread to promote your fics. In fact, I encourage you to promote your fics here.

Format for 'advertising' fanfics:

1) Title of fic and url
    2) Author's Name and url
    3) Summaries are not needed since your fic should already be archived here, but if you want to provide one you can.
    4) A short snippet of a scene or excerpt from your fanfic.

14. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey, thanks for putting up that annoucment from Am, I was sorta wondering about the awards myself!

Hey, do you still need reviewers? I'd be glad to help. :)

15. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey, thanks for putting up that annoucment from Am, I was sorta wondering about the awards myself!

Hey, do you still need reviewers? I'd be glad to help. :)

By the way, I got your PM saying you needed help, but I'm confused to exactly what you need help with. Could you please explain a little bit? I'm confused, but maybe its just me, since I lost almost a entire night of sleep on a plane lately....

*~*~*Princess1*~*~*

16. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
  17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i was a little confused myself when i started to reply to the pm, but aanix needs help with the creation of a new genre. basically, aanix wants to create a fanfic archive that features ann obidala, sabewan and siriwan fanfics.

i don't have an obidala reviewer, so yes, you're welcome to the job!!

EDIT: It took awhile, but I finally found the format (which I'll also be posting on the 1st page for reference).

Title of story [with link} by Author [with link]
    'Shippers: Obidala or Sabewan

Summary of story:
    Rating system is as follows: All rates are up 5 lightsabres. [4 out of five lightsabres ie.)

Your review can include

-- a quote or paragraph from the story itself
    -- your over all feeling of the story
    -- anything else you want to add, that's fine

To submit reviews: Both reviewers must send me a draft of the review to look over and then you I will post the review. You can pm the reviews to me. i'll look them over and post them.

18. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I can help in anyway with Obidala stuff, Aeryn. It might take me some time (like a few days) but I'm willing to help.

~~Jilly

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, jilly. i guess you could be a second Obidala reviewer, or you could promote an Obidala fanfic. I have the guidelines for 'advertising fanfic' on the first page of the archive.

20. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Being a reviewer works for me. Just let me know what I need to do.

~~Jilly

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    the format for reviewers is above in bold. if you want to add anything extra, go ahead.

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    For those that don't know, I have a fan art thread over at the fan art forum and a large chunk of it is Obidala fan art. I have added one new fan art to the collection.

AERYN_SUN's Fan Art Collection

~aeryn

23. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Cool! Reviewer now am I. Much fun it will be. :D

So aanix is creating a obidala archive? That should be fun. :)
    But I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused, lol.....:p

24. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Hey Jen :)

Yeah, I'm creating a site, actually, that revolves around Obi-wan, but will include archives for Obidala, Sabewan, Siriwan (Obi/Siri), and the as of yet un-named Obi/other genre.

It'll take me a while to get the design right, but I hope to have it up and running soon enough :)

-~Aanix~-

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    three people writing reviews is pushin the limit a little bit, but sure, go ahead. there's so much enthusiasm in this thread again, it makes me really happy :D

EDIT: actally, i just checked. there was just one person before who volunteered to review obidala fics and that was jilly.

so yes, princess, you can review too :D

With all this enthusiasm about the archive, I got to thinking about when the archive was actually started. O/S FA's 1st birthday will be Sept. 23, 2003!!!

When I first started to work on this archive, it was really small but it has grown so much since then (not only including Obidala fanfic, but Sabewan as well).

Anyway, I just want to remincse. Lol :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.