main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I wasn't going to work on Obidala Sanctuary again, giving it a face-lift & everything until I was finished was Fated to Be but I really don't have a lot there to work on since I have all the pages made and re-contruction on my 2nd website, well, not really a lot to do there either.

This afternoon I went through all the pages at OS, gave them a new look. Just a warning, if anyone plans to submit anything to OS or visit the site itself, it is under construction. I shouldn't take more than a week since I also work at school outside my web design classroom.

2. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
  3. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    Hey everyone!
    Nice updateds Aeryn. Since I got the new photoshop this weekend, I thought I'd try it out.

Take a look.

I hope everyone like it!

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Lovely fan art, Heather. I just have a couple question, webshots, is that a free servor and how much can you upload?

~aeryn

5. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    It very free. Once you're a free member, you can download as much as you like. At the most thought, I've done 6,7. If you want to upload and have collections, I think you can have 4 with a free member name. And I think it's about 20 photos per collection.

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    not bad. :D i'd been looking for an alternative host other than bravenet for my 'obidala sanctuary' fan art gallery.

~aeryn

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    my website, 'fated to be' is open. no image map though, but that will come. i just figured since all the links are working there wasn't a reason to keep it under wraps. you could call this an unofficial opening, like a preview.

okay, i'll stop talking and give the link.

Fated to Be

~aeryn

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Just a reminder, Obidala Sanctuary's 1st birthday will be March 30th, which is when Ewan Celebration entries will stop. The theme for the first Ewan Celebration is "The Kiss..."

~aeryn

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Obidala/Sabewan Fanfic Archive

Deadline Time! For all Obidala fic reviews, I'm going to say April 15 and Sabewan fic reviews will be due April 22 (my b-day is April 20th). I'll look over the reviews for edits and post them on April 25, or later in May, depending.

Also, I had an interesting and fun idea last night while I was sleeping. Interview with Obidala/Sabewan authors. I realize there is already an author interview thread, but this one is strictly for Obidala & Sabewan authors. I'm going to start with Obidala authors,but what I want to know is which Obidala authors do you want to see interviewed? After nominations, I'm going to set up a series of questions.

10. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I am a die hard Sabiwan shipper and I don't think i'll ever stop I am glad there is a place on this list where both Sabiwans and Obidala's can come together because we all have good ideas and it's nice to share them. If I am honest I have to say Obidalas make my stomache turn but i also respect those ppl who write them (keeps balance in the force)

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thank you, Hananiah. i have equal love & respect for both genres. theed is my favorite author for obidala and jazzyjedi for sabewan. jazzy's stories got me hooked on the couple.

~ aeryn

12. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Thank you for the kind mention there, Aeryn Sun! I am honored! :)

13. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    jazzy, look above Hananiah's post. i have a lot planned for this thread :D

~aeryn

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i added a new obidala poem to my collection, titled 'Do You Remember...?'

Original Obidala Poetry Collection

Also, a couple days ago, I worked on a new Obidala fan art, titled 'Choices'. You all have to see it. Choices Choices is also posted @ Obidala.com in the fanart section.

~aeryn

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Fan Fiction Review : "Out of Reach". A song fic by Crystal. From Tangled Web site
    Link: A Tangled Web
    Shipper: Obidala
    Rating: 3 and 1/2 out of 5 lightsabers
    The reason I gave it this rating is because it has wonderful emotional content, the song is woven into it beautifully, it almost made me cry. It is simple, which is perfectly fine, but just didn't quite make 4 out of 5.

Summary: This is a beautiful song fic that weaves a song by Gabrielle into little scenes showing Padme and Obi Wan leaving each other, and their thoughts and feelings. It then skips to the first scene in AOTC when Anakin and Obi-Wan meet Padme again. With a beautiful addition to the Courscant scene which all of us Obidala fans will love. It ends with a modified Naboo Lake kissscene, but with some definite Obidala changes.

Quote from Story:"A part of her would always love Obi-Wan but time would cure that, or so she hoped. Right now, though, she had Anakin."

Comments: I chose this story to review because of the way the song, original scenes and modified scenes from the movie all go together to make Obidala fit into the movies, like it was the reality. It all makes perfect sense, and you start seeing all sorts of Obidala hints in AOTC! Plus it was just beautiful. I would definitly reccommend it to read.

Review by Princess1

16. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey, look everyone, thats my review!!! :D :D Lol, cool. :p

17. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

I have a Sabiwan site, okay admitedly it's not much and there aren't many graphics because I can't make many graphics or any as the case may be but it has lots of fanfic, and info on Sabe and Obi Wan
    It's a begining

http://groups.msn.com/Dutybeforedesire

18. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Thats my story! :D I'm excited. I am really so surpised how many people liked that story, I didn't think it was my best work.

Love you guys, love the board!

~Crystal~

19. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    I was going to write a Obidala fanfic but decided to go with my Obime' ff, but since it's not considered hersary to do so I think I will (by the way my name on the main FF site is Padme' Kenobi).You'll see Be Strong Be Brave under that name soon.

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Wow :eek: I'm gone for a day, two states away and I when I get back, people are coming here. Thanks for the support everyone.

~aeryn

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Because of the fanfic forum split, I need to know if there are authors that plan on moving their old fics to the new threads, so I can update the links here.

~aeryn

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
  23. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Thanks for the mention. I'm still writing some new chapters. Will probly post on Sunday. Hopefully you'll get to read when our favorite couple sucumbs to their carnal desires!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    carnal desires!!!!!!!!!!!! ;( I'll keep an eye out for it.

~aeryn

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.