main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Obidala Sanctuary's 1st birthday is in 5 days from now, March 30th (the day before Ewan's b-day also). Because it's so close and I only have one fan submission for Ewan Celebration, I'm gonna extend the timeline a little. It doesn't make sense for me that for the site's 1st b-day that I only have one thing to showcase, espicially when I made a special Ewan Celebration page and new banner for the occassion.

The new deadline will be May 25 for now, but should be no later.

Plase anyone, if you have anything to submit (an Obidala / Ewan fanfiction, fan art or poetry) please submit it. Theme is irrelevant at this point. Just something.

~aeryn

2. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey Crystal, good to see you here! :) Yep, that song fic is great, I think why I liked it (and this is probably the same for others) is the emotional content, it was very emotional, a beautiful fic. :)

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I have a lot of updates for Ewan's birthday today ;)

first, jainadurron has posted her fic, her heart/his soul in the new the saga forum. i still have the old link listed.

i got a pm this morning from jainadurron and she's r&r two of my fics, 'another sunrise' and 'sacrifice'. those two will be up later today as well.

also, i added a belated sabewan fanfic. i'd seen a couple times on board but neglected to post the link here, so there's a new addition to that part of the archive. it's a fic by rundownstars called 'from a certain point of view'. i might also include the outside link for it too.

hmm, the biggest update today, IT'S EWAN'S BIRTHDAY!!!!! if i don't get to updating the rest of the thread, it's because i'm celebrating his b-day over at the obi-wan kenobi fan club and the ewan mcgregor fan club over at the jcc. but if i can squeeze in another update here, i will :D

EDIT: 2nd update!!!

In a little while, I'm going to post the reviews for both my fics, thanks to JainaDurron. Also, I have revised Obidala Sanctuary, giving it a new makeover. If you have the chance to, please stop by Obidala Sanctuary , and last night I got a birthday card from the webmistress of An Alternate Universe for Obidala Sanctuary. So, I'll try and put that up later today as well.

Ok, enough blabbing and on with the reviews!!!

~aeryn

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Title of story: Another Sunrise by Author Aeryn_Sun
    Shippers: Obidala
    Summary of story: While watching a beautiful sunrise on Alderaan, Padme thinks about Obi-Wan and the possiblity she might never see him again...
    Favorite Quote: "I don't want to leave you either," he whispered back and smiled, "Remember the sunrise, know that whenever you look at it, I'm looking at another sunrise, thinking of you."
    Review: As is always the case with Obidala fics is they are so tortured, so heartbreaking. While love is there, you always have to let it go. This fic conveys that very feeling.

~~

Title of story: Sacrifice by Author Aeryn_Sun
    Shippers: Obidala
    Summary of story: : Obi-Wan's lament over Padme after she tells him she's pregnant with Anakin's children.... Written in his P.o.V. Runs through Episode III and to Episode IV.

Favorite Quote: I can never tell you I love you because I know he'll always be in your heart...I have to let you go and let you decide for yourself if you want to return my love.

Review: An interesting take on how Obi-Wan deals with his emotions from the point of having to help Padme with her children up to his death. His emotions are raw and run deep, and it's easy to tell where his heart lies.

~~

thanks so much again JD for r&r my fics :D

~aeryn

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I've written a new Obi-Wan/Padme viggie. This one is more on the G/PG side, since it's set post-episode i, au.

Could I Love You?

Written in Padme's point of view.

~aeryn

6. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey cool, I'll have to check those out. :)

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    the viggie's very PG rated, which means its very light compared to all the depressing obidala stuff i write. no need for tissues on this one :D

Speaking of fanfic, I'm gonna take a break from writing NJO stuff for awhile and get back into writing Obidala. I need to work on Clone Wars, which I'm been ignoring for a long time and finishing off CUEII (Currently Untitled Episode II) and another Obidala fic, that hasn't made its debut here, yet ;)

~aeryn

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    The Voting for the Winter 2002 Awards is going on now.

~aeryn

9. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Hey! When are you going to finish 'Clone Wars'?

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    After I finish writing my Jag/Jaina series, 'I'd Miss You Still' and my Jacen/Tahiri series wraps up, I'm devoting my time entirely to pt. i'll still read some eu on the side but absolutely no writing eu.

~aeryn

11. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Hello! Well, this is my first fanfic and it's an Obidala one. I saw this and thought it was the perfect place to put my story. I will definitely go through and read the stories. I like Obidala because I dislike Anakin, but have nothing against Amidala, and that way we have two good characters happy. I also like Sabewan, I'm a big Obi fan.

Nice to see there are other Farscape fans around :D

Well, here's the details of my fanfic and the opening paragraph.

A Tearless Goodbye (Obidala vignette) by messicat_kenobi

I would never leave you, cause I love you too much, which is exactly why I must. The way I love you is something I cannot understand, yet I understand it cannot be.

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    good obidala viggie :D

~aeryn

13. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    ARGH! I've been spoiled! I haven't seen past the end of Season 3. They haven't finished it here in Australia, they didn't even finish Season 3 on TV, my best friend downloaded them off the internet and we watched the rest of it. I'm waiting to see Season 4.

Glad you liked my viggie, I'm so proud of it :D

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    sorry messicat_kenobi about the spoilers :(

~aeryn

15. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    That's ok.

Yay, my story is in the archive :D

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    a year ago, this archive wasn't that big. it's getting close to being kicked to page two now because it's so big.

~aeryn

17. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Wow, Obidala and Sabewan are getting more popular, that has to be a good thing :D

18. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    To quote Martha Stewart, messicat "It's a very good thing."

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks guys for the support :D If I had the chance to interview two people, it's between you Lady-Kenobi and JainaDurron.

~aeryn

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Interview with an Obidala/Sabewan Author:

Interviews don't start until later this month, next week I think, but here are the questions I have come up with so far. Also, I'd like you know from (both sides now, Obidala/Sabewan) who'd you'd like to see interviewed.

Also, interviewees, if you are an Anakin/Padme 'shipper, please don't flame Obidala/Sabewan 'shippers in your interview. I do not accept flaming in this thread.

If you flame, you will not be interviewed.

[i][b]Questions:[/i][/b]

[i]How Long Have You Been An Obidala 'Shipper?
    If you're not, why did you feel compelled to write an Obidala fic?
    What's Your favorite Obidala fanfic?
    Favorite Obidala Author? Why?
    What Inspires you to write your Obidala fics?
    What Your Favorite non-Obidala piece you've written? Why?

How Long Have You Been An Sabewan 'Shipper?
    If you're not, why did you feel compelled to write an Sabewan fic?
    What's Your favorite Sabewan fanfic?
    Favorite Sabewan Author? Why?
    What Inspires you to write your Sabewan fics?
    What Your Favorite non-Sabewan piece you've written? Why? [/i]

21. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Hi!

Just upping this thread and posting a link to my new SabéWan story.

Captive

Hope y'all will enjoy it!

I'm looking forward to the interviews. :)

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I just got home and saw the link for captive. It's good to have you back, Jazzy. I love your work.

Nominees anyone for Obidala interveiwes? Note, I'm not gonna interview myself until the end, so no one nominate me.

~aeryn

23. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I nominate Jazzy jedi

24. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Just wanted to tell you all (especially AERYN_SUN :) ) That I have a plot bunny for an Obidala fic, but that I don't know a lot about Obiwan, Padme, Ani etc. I started a thread in Writer's Resource that asks people about them and some things I need help on because I am NOT going into this thing unresearched. So any Obidala shipper's help over in that thread would be MOST welcome. :)

And I nominate Jazzy jedi too. :)

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Two nods for Jazzy. That's fine but I'm starting with Obidala authors first.

BiggerFish, I glimpsed at your thread briefly before coming here, so I'll stop by and check it out for real.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.