main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OBIWAN-JR's Episode III Humble Pie-Eating Contest**

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by OBIWAN-JR, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Seeing as June 30 will go down in history as "Pabs Debunks the Theories Day", I have decided to hold a little contest.

So...

Roll up, roll up, folks. This is OBIWAN-JR's Episode III Humble Pie-Eating Contest.

The Rules are simple:

[b]1.[/b] Come on in and chow down!

[b]2.[/b] Give those that want to tell you: "I told you so", the chance to laugh, as they watch you gobble down as many pies as you can![hr][/blockquote]
    There are so many pies you can choose to eat from:

[b]Anakin Erased the Files Pie
    Palpatine was a Jedi Called Syfo Dyas Pie
    Syfo Dyas is Still Alive Pie
    General Grievous is Syfo Dyas Pie
    Dooku Doesn't Know Darth Sidious' True Identity Pie[/b]

And in light of that last one, there may even be a slice of:

[b]PT Palpatine is NOT Darth Sidious Pie[/b] on offer too!

Although each pie is different, they all have one common ingredient: [b][i]HUMBLE[/i][/b].

[u][i]**PLEASE NOTE: The winner of the competition is NOT the one who eats the ALL the pies.
    The ONLY way to win the contest is TO ADMIT THAT YOU WERE WRONG. This rule is non-negotiable and if it is adhered to, in the spirit of the contest, then everyone will be a winner.
    The judge's decision is final, and no correspondance can be entered into.**[/i][/u]

So, I shall start the contest:

[b][blockquote][hr]**Picks up the 'Anakin Erased the Files Pie', and starts to eat, savouring the delicious taste of 'Humble' that oozes from the pie's juices.

With pieces of pastry spraying everywhere, opens mouth to shout:

I WAS WRONG!

2CLEVA, D_LOWE AND COUNTLESS OTHERS WERE 100% RIGHT!

I have changed my Sig, just as I said I would.

[Dooku]I am a man of my word.[/Dooku]**[hr][/blockquote][/b]
    One final comment. As the contest progresses, the addition of other pies can be expected.

The rumours of the pie chefs creating an [b]Anakin Lets Obi-Wan and Luke Go Pie[/b], may well yet prove to be true. However, this pie has a very intricate recipe, and therefore may well not come out of the oven until 19th May 2005.

;)

-JR :)

2. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    Not to sound condecending, but I didn't think any of those silly theories were true. Ok, so that was condecending.

3. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    Well I was shocked when I heard about the Anakin thing.

I think that is the first thing i have been wrong about since posting on TFN, but I was wrong.

4. -SILVER-

-SILVER- Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    *Enters the main audience chamber & sets the pie stand on fire with lightsabre*

[image=http://gifs.net/animate/flame2.gif]

Darth Tyranus is Anakin's father!!!

5. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    The crowds have started to gather in the tent.

Now all that is needed is some more contestants.

Come on folks. Roll up, roll up. Come and get it off your chests.

EDIT: Apologies DB. I obviously didn't spot your entry form in time. Welcome to the contest!

6. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Uh, one sec, i think i hear... yes, its the amlighty Mods, hmm and it seems that thread needs closing as it has nothing to do with ep3 other than for more arguing and disagreements that already have threads.

7. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    **ADDITIONAL RULE: The burning of contest tables with Lightsabers will be frowned upon. However, it will not in any way bring about the cancelling of the contest.**

Update from the kitchen: a Darth Tyrannus is Anakin's Father Pie, is currently baking, and should be available to contestants very soon.

8. Dood

Dood Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
  9. SHB-JR

SHB-JR Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    I like this thread as an idea- at least so long as it is carried out in a friendly manner- any *requests* for specific people to enter should be handled by PM to avoid any 'imperial entanglements' :)

It's a shame that there are no spoilers allowed in community as this is perfect for it, 3SA is the only place that can have a thread like this- hope the mods allow it to live.

SHB JR

Who loves eating contests and is just glad Obi Wan Jr didn't make tis a crow eating one! :D And wonders who else will have the corage to say- 'It's a fair cop guv and eat up!

10. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>Uh, one sec, i think i hear... yes, its the amlighty Mods, hmm and it seems that thread needs closing as it has nothing to do with ep3 other than for more arguing and disagreements that already have threads.

Well, you see that's the problem, Alixen. Apparently, the Anakin Erased the Files thread has been removed. So how else am I, and others, going to be able to say:

I WAS WRONG!

Furthermore, I do not believe it is about arguing and disagreements. It is about showing some humility.

And eating pies.

Also, it is not a thread. It is a Pie-Eating Contest, and I am quite sure there are a couple of Mods who may wish to come and indulge in a slice of the pie which I am currently eating.

11. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    i clearly need a slice of:

Dooku Doesn't Know Darth Sidious' True Identity Pie

i hadn't even thought of it till i read it here, but then, oh yea i bit, i bit big time.

a RL bud of mine i'll refer to as T will get a big kick out of this.

just the other night after watching the 'ugliest duel in SW' yet again to see if i totaly misjudged it, i tryed to pawn this idea off on him again.

oh well it happens to everyone sometime, question is can they laugh about it after it's debunked or are they really bitter.

i prefer to be this guy: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

12. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    **Sits down and grabs a fork**

Will there be a Boba Fett will kill Mace Windu Pie? Because myself and several other Fett Fans were sadly wrong on that one. :(

But as long as someone, no matter who, rips the blasphemous Windu to shreds, I will be a happy Star Wars fan.

**Waits for pie**

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

13. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    Well I was shocked when I heard about the Anakin thing.

Excuse me but what Anakin thing??

14. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
    I was ambivalent about whether or not Dooku knew about the true identity of Sidious,but that's about it.

15. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>I like this thread as an idea- at least so long as it is carried out in a friendly manner- any *requests* for specific people to enter should be handled by PM to avoid any 'imperial entanglements' [...] And wonders who else will have the corage to say- 'It's a fair cop guv and eat up!

Thankyou for your kind words, SHB JR. Rest assured that no one will be press-ganged into taking part as a contestant.

Contestants so far are:

OBIWAN-JR
    DarthBane420

VIP entry is being held open for three potential contestants, who have shown the requisite level of humility outside of this contest, but have yet to enter the tent:

RebelScum
    Helmet
    VANDA

Judged by the rules of this contest, these three would undoubtedly be winners, were they to choose to enter.

16. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    it probably won't be revealed anytime soon, but i expect you are going to need another pie for this one in your sig:

Vader knew about Luke before ANH

i'm so sure i'll say it here, in EP3 anakin/vader will in no way shape or form even suspect his child/children survive.

17. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>i clearly need a slice of: Dooku Doesn't Know Darth Sidious' True Identity Pie. i hadn't even thought of it till i read it here, but then, oh yea i bit, i bit big time.

We have another contestant, and therefore another winner!

Welcome to the contest, Malikail. I too, prefer to be that guy. :)

>>>>Will there be a Boba Fett will kill Mace Windu Pie? Because myself and several other Fett Fans were sadly wrong on that one.

Your wish is the chef's command, Mortimer!

**Places Pie in front of latest contestant**

We have another winner folks!

>>>>Excuse me but what Anakin thing??

Yesterday, Pablo debunked the theory that Anakin erased the Kamino files, Sedious.

DB, like myself, had long been a loud backer of that particular one. Hence our entry into the contest.

>>>>I was ambivalent about whether or not Dooku knew about the true identity of Sidious,but that's about it.

I'm really sorry, Neo. Unfortunately ambilvalence is not a qualifier for entry into the contest. The judges decision is final I'm afraid.

18. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
    I figured as much. OK. :(

19. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>it probably won't be revealed anytime soon, but i expect you are going to need another pie for this one in your sig: Vader knew about Luke before ANH

Well, I suppose I could get away with not eating that one on a technicality, Malikail. I posted it in my sig long before we found out that Anakin would know Padme was pregnant.

So technically, he did know. :D

However, anyone who knows me, knows that is a crock! Because they are all aware that I believe Anakin, as Vader, will allow his son to escape the Jedi purge at the end of Episode III. And if THAT pie come out of the oven, there will be quite a few people in the audience. I can tell you.

i'm so sure i'll say it here, in EP3 anakin/vader will in no way shape or form even suspect his child/children survive.

Which is cool. But you could also come say it in the There is still good in him - Anakin lets Obi-Wan and Luke go? thread too. We are edging towards 6000 posts now, so any new input or ideas are always welcome. It will be back up on page 1 today, for sure.

20. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    Yay!!! :)

**Digs in**

21. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000
    We can't invite people? Damn.

Oh well.

Everyone knows who they are, anyway.

That will do for me.

22. SHB-JR

SHB-JR Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    You can invite them Ozhaggis, just in an RSVP over PM or in other threads. :)

Hmmmmmm pie !!

Who reckons he likes pie and if there's ever an 'Anakin and Vader are two seperate people, so Anakin isn't responsible for Vaders crimes' pie and it's proven to be *real* pie- I'll be the first to enter.

I will of course do a 'Seven' and eat so much of it that I die just to leave this world :(

SHB JR

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I thought Anakin erased the files (based on Lucas saying the AOTC library scene held a clue as to who erased the files-I thought the little boy in the scene hinted at Anakin) So, you can give me a slice of pie, I guess. ;)

So, now it seems Dooku must have been a Sith Lord, BEFORE he left the Jedi Order?

24. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I was thinking of starting a thread like this, I'm glad someone did.

As I said in the Pabs thread I was wrong about Anakin erasing the files, I believe thats the only one I qualify for.

Make sure this thread stays up until may '05. What we really need now is a list of all the people who believe the clone theories, the mace traitor theories, and the Anakin planned on being redeemed theories.

That way we can call upon people when the time comes ;)

25. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    And, for the record, is there going to be an Aayla Secura is DarthSapient's Mother Pie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.