OBJECTION! The Ace Attorney Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by MrZAP, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    This thread is designed to talk about all of the games in the Ace Attorney series out now and any that come out in the future.

So far, this means:
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
    Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
    Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
    Miles Edgeworth, Ace Attorney: Investigations

I have to say, I've been hooked on these games since the first one was released for the DS in America about five years ago. I hadn't heard of it prior, but when I saw previews for it, months before it came out, I knew I had to get it. I was not disappointed. It's one of the first games I got when I bought a DS, and it's become one of my favorite games of all time. People complain about lack of replayability, but I disagree. I find that I gain new appreciation for things each time I play it, as long as I don't start again too soon. Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations were also great. I was skeptical about Apollo Justice at first, but when I finally got my hands on it, it was still wonderful. And I'm just about done with Miles Edgeworth: Investigations right now.

What made these games such a big hit, you ask? Well, in my opinion, it has to do with three things. The gameplay is not one of them, as most of the time you're just selecting things, but it doesn't have to be important. It takes a direct backseat to the story. I tread the Ace Attorney series more like a book series than any other game. From the convoluted murder plots to the games of cat and mouse, it never ceases to be entertaining. The second as[ect is also related to the writing, and that's the mix of believable and unbelievable characters in this series. Every game has memorable characters, such as Lotta Hart and Wendy Oldbag, and of course, good old Detective Gumshoe. I find the villains to be especially well-crafted, especially the main ones. My favorite is still Gant. Finally, there's one more great part of these games. The music in every game is sublime. From the heartfelt Reminiscence themes to the Courtroom themes to Cornered...they're all amazing.

As a writer, I truly appreciate the work these guys put into crafting these stories one Turnabout at a time. I hope you all enjoyed these games as much as I do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.