main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obligatory "hello!" :-)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Son of a Bith, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Hello, all!

I'm not sure who really reads the "welcome new users" posts on any online forum, but I feel it's appropriate to start here regardless...

I've been lurking here for several months, and actually used to post with semi-regularity in the early 2000's, so I'm happy to finally (re)join the dialogue.

For anyone who's interested, I'm just short of 32, so I'm just a bit too young to have seen the OT in theaters. But Star Wars was always a big part of my childhood experience, and when Zahn's Heir to the Empire came out in 1992 (followed shortly by Veitch & Kennedy's Dark Empire), enjoyment became obsession. From then on I obsessively read and re-read the novels, comics, technical journals, artwork anthologies (RIP Ralph McQuarrie!), etc.

I fell off around the time the novel license transferred from Bantam Spectra back to Del Rey. I read the first couple NJO books but got distracted by life, and was majoring in English at that point and had gotten more discriminating (plus had a lot of other material to read). These were the "dark times." ;)

Having slowly come to terms with the prequels (love them and cringe at them, all at once, as many of you can relate), and gotten excited about the SWU again because of the Disney deal, & having finally read the Darth Plagueis novel :):mind blown::), I find myself daydreaming about Star Wars constantly. All at once, I feel like a young child and a teenager all over again.

So, here I am. Thanks for providing a place to play.

Lazy Storm Trooper and J_Girl like this.
  2. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I still read the Welcome threads once in a while - today at least. Welcome back! Jump back in the fray and enjoy! A lot of us feel the way you do. That's why we're here. :)

3. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
  4. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    No problem! I did the same as you. I was here a bit. Posted a fic. Contributed to the boards a bit. Then 'vanished' for years. It's easy to jump back in though.

See you around the boards!

Son of a Bith likes this.
  5. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    What was the fic about (if you feel like sharing)?

6. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    It was like 10 years ago! LOL! Pop over to the Classic Fanfiction Boards. I think it's the 3rd one down. It was a Han/Leia fic that somebody challenged me to do and it took off. I never finished posting it here. I don't post fics here at the moment. I have a varied collection of different characters I like to write though. However, I have much more fun posting around the boards these days until they fix the truncated posts and I can catch up on reading other people's more current stuff. The new posts are not truncated, but there are plenty of good not-so-old fics that still are having issues. I read anything int he saga timeframe. Nothing against the other timeframes, it's just what I like best.

Sometimes, it's just fun to talk SW with other people who like and appreciate it.

7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Welcome Son of a Bith. Always glad to meet new faces. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Get involve in conversation and feel free to ask. :)

8. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Welcome!

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Kenobiwan and me is two different person. If you want to tagge me, you must write Jedi Master Kenobiwan.

11. Flavia Serem

Flavia Serem Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Welcome! [:D]

12. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    D'oh! clones!

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Son of a Bith: Failte Nua Duine. Hope your time here is going brilliantly so far. I co-sign all of the informative posts offered to you. Go have a good time, get involved, and should you require any help or answers, @.tag one of us in here. This thread is your personal tech support area.

14. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
  15. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome! I still actively read the Welcome section of the boards.

16. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
  17. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks! Wanted something funny. :D

18. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Greetings and welcome aboard! :)

19. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    A Chorus of Disapproval

Hey man! Quick question: Is there a definitive list of acronyms/abbreviations for the various EU projects. I know the basics, ANH, ESP, ROTJ, TTT, LOTF, etc. I'm wondering if there's a list I can access.

20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Welcome to the trenches... :)

StarWarsZombie likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, that's a brilliant question. Not sure if such a thing does exist on here. I will see what there is on here, but in the interim, check your inbox.