main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Obligatory Newbie Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by QueenJess, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueenJess

QueenJess Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    My friend, Tessa (sw-starsfreakness) told me she'd throw me to her badgers on me I didn't register, so here I am. (I fear those pets of hers.) Anyway, my name is Jess and I?m not exactly sure why I?m here other than badger fear. I?d consider myself a general geek, and can hold my own in sci-fi banter but I?m not going to win any points for SW trivia or the like. Now if it was anime... :p Feel free to pelt me with rotten vegetables for that last comment. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. ^_^

2. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Welcome Jess to the boards, you dont have o be completely starwars crazy to be here, thats what some of us are for. But if you like sci=fi you have come to the right place, we do more then just starwars, we go out to see movies, go to sci-fi conventions, and other fun stuff, hope to see you at the a gathering soon. -Dan

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Huzzah! Jess is on the boards! Welcome dear friend to these boards that are so near and dear to my heart.

Hope you can make it out to some events... err, see you in class ;)

4. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    WHAT ABOUT NASCAR? YOU LIKE NASCAR?

Sorry just kidding :) I forgot where that line came from but for some reason I felt I had to shout it out.

Welcome. Some day you will thank or kill Tessa for recommending this board.

Hopefully it is the former.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

5. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Howdy JEss...I am the resident loser...erhm...sock...wait thats not right. Ah I am the local...ah hell I'm Jymm.

Dunno what to say, you will get to know me through the boards and the likely event that I will hug you when we meet. :p

Grrr I have to work on the title thing. Guess I am not much of anything.

Anyways!!! Welcome to Toronto. The fact that you are a friend of Tessa's attests to how eccentric and nutty you must be...can't wait to meet you. And perhaps you will be another to meet the infamous Pepper. :D

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Jess welcome to the Toronto forum my dear :)

7. QueenJess

QueenJess Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Wow- I'm surprised: no rotten vegetables or n00b hazing, yet! :p

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. ^_^

8. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Welcome to the boards, Jess!

9. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    The Hazing will commence in person. And we keep the vegetables, fruit and all other produce under lock and key.

And I the only one that imagines Jess running around with clam Juice and a Gym Bag Yelling "Alpha! Alpha!"

10. Jedi_master_Bernard

Jedi_master_Bernard Jedi Master star 1

Dec 5, 2002
    welcome to our circle jess. youll have fun on dees da boards

11. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

I knew everyone would be taken by a newbie. :D

Hope you can make it out to the party Jess! I'll badger you in class about it :p

12. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    I bet you're that weirdo that Tessa introduced me to on MSN that one night, aren't you? Aren't you?!?

So, not talking, eh?

*wheels in the Inquisition*
    Nobody expects the Inquisition!

Oh, and if you're a different friend of Tessa's, and are completely scared off by the courier, and the guy with the medieval torture instruments, and are starting to think registering on here was a bad idea...ummm...hi. [face_blush]

13. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hey Jess,
    Nice to meet you :) And I like your icon!
    I had some rotten tomatoes in my fridge but I threw them to the badgers!

14. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Josh how many times do i have to explain the concept of message boards to you, people can't reply right away like talking in person :p lol

Nah Welcome Jess i'm the resident flirt around here... or so i just made up.

I'm thinking you might also be the person i talked to that night...

oh and btw i'm not really a supreme star wars geek either so don't feel left out! I'm still more of a trekie :p (shields himself) - ya that's right star trek shields that actually work and protect the thing they are shielding!!!

Well welcome and we actually eat the fruit, we dont' throw them... That would be such a waste of a good apple!

15. QueenJess

QueenJess Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    *waves some more to everyone*

I'm don't think I've spoken to anyone from this board on MSN before, not to my knowledge anyway. :p I think Tess added me to a conversation with like 20 people once and my brain imploded so I had to get out of it. XD

Medieval torture?! Sounds like a party. ;)

16. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I bet she did o_O

Oi I had to leave those a few times, computer froze during those!

17. KEDA

KEDA Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    Kon'nichi-wa Jess welcome to the forum

18. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Those were strange conversations. Now I try to back out of those aswell, considering I can never follow the long stream of "What's going on?" or "What am I doing here?" to "I'M LOST". You'd think everyone was actually in a dark lit room, and were sudenly transported there.

Well Jess, I didn't get a chance to see you yesterday... nore will I today. I've got a nasty flu at the momment. I doubt anyone wants me to come to class and get everyone else sick.

19. One_More_Shadow

One_More_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Hey Jess, glad to see you made it onto the boards. Welcome and enjoy.

20. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hi there Jess, always nice to see a new face around here.

Oh, and if rotten vegetables or n00b hazing would make you feel better, I'm sure we can come up with something for the next event.

21. QueenJess

QueenJess Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    I look forward to the hazing- and taking it like a good sport with an idiotic grin on my face. :p Unfortunately I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make the party now...but we shall see. ^_^;;

Hey Ian! *waves*

Tess- please do come...I need an excuse to stay home and sleep, such a being very very sick. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.