main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obroa-Skai B-O-T-M Dicussion Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    This thread will remain active for all of our Book of the Month Discussions.

Discussion Topic for Now thru 6-30-02
    Title - Attack of the Clones by R.A. Salvatore

Discussion Topic for 7/01/02 thru 7/31/02
    Title - The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime by R. A. Salvatore

Discussion Topic for 8/01/02 thru 8/31/02
    Title - The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I - Onslaught by Michael A. Stackpole

Discussion Topic for 9/01/02 thru 9/30/02
    Title - The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II - Ruin by Michael A. Stackpole

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    so , who's reading or read this one ?

i just got to chapter 8

3. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm done.

And may I say, Oh my God! If they had the made the movie straight from the book I don't think anyone could complain about it. R.A. Salvatore is now my writing God!

4. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I'm on Chapter 23, almost done. Awesome book so far! I agree, if they made the movie from the book... WOW!

*SB*

5. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    i told you he was good !

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I love reading a book and getting excited by what's happening in the story. So, many people never get that from reading and I feel sorry for them. I found myself laughing, biting my lip and holding my breath as I went through the pages.

7. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Im up to about the beginning of the movie & all the stuff about shmi made it much more complete. I also liked Padmes appearance at the senate that surprised the Palpatine. I think it would have all made the movie more interesting, but also much slower--so far anyway.

8. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I wouldn't say he's a writing GOD but the book is definitely better than the movie. The book makes the movie Cliegg look so one dimensional. Although I have to say the Movie Anakin was better than the book. I might go see the movie again tomorrow just for the tusken scene. I love that scene. It just makes me happy every time i see it. I hate tuskens. They're so dumb. Did anyone else notice that Tyranus is mentioned only 2 times in the whole movie? and ever Dooku figure and every little piece of merchandising has DARTH TYRANUS all over it lol The book was indeed great. You read the book before the movie though and...the movie... kinda sucks lol

9. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that's why I told you to read the book after! :p

10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yesterday when DH was playing a game on the computer, I picked up the book.
    (he said Micheal wanted to borrow it, I don't know when I might get a chance to read it) I got to chapter 5 in an hour or so, it's good and gives the movie a lot of background. Padame talks about her vote in the Senate, (in the movie) but not how she would vote (the book say how she will vote).

I'm going to sneak some more when he's not looking :)

11. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I know this may be a little off topic, but the new NJO book Rebel Stand is now out! just for you NJO fans.

Got it at Media Play. :D

12. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    thanks Miccu!!!! i forgot all about it with AOTC

13. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    No rush Kim, I can wait until you're done. :)

14. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    I STILL NEED TO FINNISH REBEL DREAM AND THE THIRD BOUNTY HUNTER BOOK AS SOON AS I AM DONE WITH EP 2 .

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I did finish AotC, and Dark Tide II - Ruin. Which one comes next? I have sinking suspicion it's that Kathy Tyers Book. Do I really have to read one of her books again? Whine Whine Whine, but no cheese)

16. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    actually ZOO- i think its the agents of chaos duology from james luceno- good books. alot about han. after that is balance point. tolerable & kinda neccesary in the long run. i think they actually set it up so you can skip the paperbacks & still follow the story. I think the paperbacks MAKE the story!

17. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Zoo, I think if you are reading chronologically, then the Agents of Chaos books are between the Dark Tide books and Tyers' Balance Point. However, not having read any of them yet, I cannot verify this first hand. Trying to stay as chronologically accurate as possible myself, I am still trying to polish off Tyrant's Test (book 3 of Black Fleet). I should expect that by the end of summer I should be tackling the NJO.

18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    SS-If you come across one that you're having trouble w/ let me know. I have all of the pre-NJO books on tape. That's how I got through the last Tyers book.

19. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Rebel Stand? About damn time. I've been waiting for it. This book will be the make it or break it for the NJO for me because Rebel Dream flat out sucked. Now if this book is good. it will restore my faith in NJO and SW books in general

20. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    JO if you dont like this one- Id give it one more chance with Traitor. I just think that book is gonna rock. Im not familiar with the author or anything like that- i just love the idea & i cant wait to read it.

21. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    Assuming spoilers or ideas ahead..

I really cant wait for Traitor. I really want to see how Traitor makes it out...especially if Vergere Trys to train Jacen. I wonder if he'll stuff that turkey and escape. but i feel i will stay with them, even if they hit a rought spot.

22. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    spoilers!!!!!!!!!!

i was told she will be training him & i cant wait for that. Im hoping since aotc is out they will be allowed to talk a little about anakin. "i knew your grandfather as a boy" kind of stuff. did anyone else think anakin in E2 taming the reek was kinda like Jacen & his "im really good with animals" thing. I thought that was cool. I have gone back & forth on Vergere. i kept hoping she had something up her sleeve for the vong but she just keeps helping. i dont get it. Im hoping she will train Jacen & they will both try to make it out. maybe she'll be killed then, but if they keep her alive & she gets to talk to luke the NJO could end up trying to mimic the prequel era jedi. of course we all know how well that went.

miccu- did you read rogue planet?

23. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    You know AHPR, i got like 5 chapters into the book. It started to grow on me, but i put it down and seemed to have misplaced it and then started to read the Rogue Squadron series (I still have to finish the Bacta War before i can read Rebel Stand.) But i did get to the part of Verege diappearing in the Jedi councils. (Freaky [face_shocked] ) (how old is she!) I always have wondered why the Vong havent figured out she is a Jedi! Shouldnt have the voxyn have figured that out! Anyway, i want to see how she is played in these books. (I think she is just waiting for the correct moment to strike. She is helping, especially with Mara :) ) I really want her to kick butt soon! :D

EDIT: i really have a lot of unanswered questions, dont i! :D

24. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    NJO spoilers!!!!

unanswered questions? you & me both ! there is a part later in RS when Vergere "appears" to anakin, but im still not sure if its worth reading.the author didnt even like it. I wondered about the voxyn too! my only guess is the same explanation theyve used when its needed- a jedi can withdrawl the force into themselves & kindof shelter it from view. the big hole in that theory is that its very darkside to me. it sounds like what palpatine does. plus- why wouldnt the whole strike team have done that?
    btw- was that a cool death scene in SBStar or what ?! the non-verbal exchange with his siblings, -glowing so that there are shadows of his attackers- i really liked that. great writing. i had to step away from star wars for about a week or two after that--- very intense.

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You guys are killing me w/ these NJO spoilers. Remember, we'll get to those too, let's try to stay on topic.

Of course listen to me, BTW I'm almost done w/ the 1st Agents of Chaos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.