main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obroa-Skai Libraries Thread - Lit News & Discussion (NonSpoiled)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Just picked it up the other day. I'm about 7 or 8 chapters in, and so far - so good!

2. Sithis

Sithis Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2005
    someone should put up the Tales of the Jedi series into the timeline. Definite and crucial galaxy history there I think. THough it is primarily comix. I believe ive come across some literature regarding the knights of old republic too..

hmm

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Part II of the Dark Nest Trilogy was release yesterday :) And if you get it at Media Play it is Under $5...

Reports on the Unseen Queen will follow later in the week (since I picked up my copy today)

4. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Rats! I was just @ B&N last night and didn't see it.....

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    138 pages in, and Iam starting to think this author is gonna get blasted next time I see him [face_not_talking] :mad:

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    How did you guys like Joiner King?

I read just the first bits while browsing at the bookstore a week or two ago. Some of it seemed decent, other parts were sort of irritating. I was starting to get the impression that the author's main goal was to work in as many movie quotes as he possibly could. It seemed a bit overdone.

And also... this is the author who hates Kyp, right? Gah! What's the deal with the whole scruffy and threadbare character description? Shaggy, unkept hair? Threadbare cloak? What, he wasn't allowed to kill him off (in Star by Star), so now he wants to make him look bad??? [face_tired]

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    He's the one that didn't like Ganner... The one that didn't like Kyp, is almost everyone else ;)

The ending to "Joiner King" creeped me out on a personal level... The rest I enjoyed, especially the Leia & Han dialogue [face_laugh] [face_devil]

8. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    And yet you're planning to blast Troy the next time you see him? lol

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Really? I thought I remembered that the author of Star By Star had really wanted to kill off Kyp, and had once said something about how he wished someone could explain to him how there were fans out there who liked Kyp?

10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I was thinking that was Stover, who ended up killing off Ganner b/c he couldn't kill of Kyp...which...now that I think about it, that book would have been SO much cooler if it had been Kyp in that role rather than Ganner...hmm...

11. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Denning is the one that hates Jag... And Stover gave Ganner the best death EVER! He didn't go out like some punk... I thought it was Salvatore & Luceno that hated Kyp

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'll have to see if I can find that quote... I know people used to have it in their sigs and such.

13. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    For a Jedi purported to have force-abilities that rival/surpass Luke's, he sure has been underused by pretty much ALL of the authors. Perhaps that's the issue. They set Kyp up as this uber-powerful Jedi and realized that such a character was not....practical?

14. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I think they are setting Jacen and Ben up for that one... They had Kyp fall too many times very early on... He is what epitomizes Wasted Potential

15. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    On that note, what happened to the spoilers allowed book discussion thread?

I'd like to actually....discuss....some of these topics, but I can nae do so without risk of spoiling the un-spoiled.

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Good Question....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.