main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obscure character name question

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Anakin Skywalker, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin Skywalker

Anakin Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 1, 1999
    In the Clone Wars cartoon, what's the name of the guy who greets Dooku when he arrives to watch the gladiator match?

2. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I don't think he's been given a name. All the gladiators have been named, but not him.

3. Anakin Skywalker

Jul 1, 1999
    Yeah, I figured with a lot of the gladiators (and just about every other character in the SW universe) being named, that guy must have one. Strange....

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    A while back (early 2004) some folks on the OS said that they were going to give some history to that guy, since he seemed kind of popular with the fans. Then nothing happened.

But I'm still waiting.... :mad:

5. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    What the hell......All this time, I thought that guy that greets Dooku, was Asajj Ventress, using a force disguise. Are you sure you guys are right?

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    That's what I assumed as well. Where did the idea that it was a different character come from?

7. Anakin Skywalker

Jul 1, 1999
    That never occured to me. I always assumed that Asajj sneaks in and kills that guy when the camera pans over to Dooku.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    It's a different character. About 2 years ago there was a discussion with Pablo Hidalgo from the OS related to the first season of the TV show, and several people asked questions about this blue-cat-guy-thing. It was confirmed that he wasn't Ventress, and that his history was going to be revealed sometime soon... which never happened.

9. ForceSynaesthesia

Jun 19, 2005

If so, that is really lame. I hope that is not the case, because that would have just ruined that moment for me, which i always thought was really cool.

10. ForceSynaesthesia

Jun 19, 2005
    what would the point of having a different character introduce them? It's about Asajj and her skills.

11. Anakin Skywalker

Jul 1, 1999
    How is Asajj killing the guy worse than some silly Force disguise? What would the point of the disguise be?

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>All this time, I thought that guy that greets Dooku, was Asajj Ventress, using a force disguise.<<

No, we know she killed the alien- Dooku says so: "Our host would applaud you, posthumously."

13. ForceSynaesthesia

Jun 19, 2005
    a disguise would be better, because that is how the scene is presented. If it was a murder scene, they should have showed the attack. A disguise scene is supposed to be mysterious, not an action scene.

14. Anakin Skywalker

Jul 1, 1999
    Why can't a murder scene be done mysteriously? I thought the point was to show how quick and deadly Asajj is. The camera pans away from bluecatguy for a second, and in an instant she kills him and is calmly sitting in his chair.

15. ForceSynaesthesia

Jun 19, 2005
    well whatever, i think its still uncool. why would it be cool to see her 'mysteriously' kill a guy, cat-guy. We know she can and she is good at it, and we see her kill people all the time. Its old.. Her force disguising herself is unique and interesting and would have been a cooler scene in my opinion.

16. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Why would it be cool to have her show a power that she never uses again throughout her entire TV/comic/book appearances?

17. ForceSynaesthesia

Jun 19, 2005
    because she never did it before, thats why its cool.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Asajj was showing off her stealth and assassination abilities to Dooku. But Dooku wasn't looking for a covert assassin or spy.

19. ForceSynaesthesia

Jun 19, 2005
    then dooku would have said he wasnt looking for an assassin. Instead he said spy.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He was basicly saying "I'm not looking for someone quiet"- and thats why she takes to the arena. Regardless, Dooku's posthumous line eliminates any ambiguity.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    He needs a name.

That ugly blue bug thing in the arena got a name... why doesn't this chap get one?

22. DARTHJOSEPH

DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    I always wondered what was up with him/her...death...force mask...now I'm even more confused!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.