Obscure Movies to Recommend

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Uh, let me see.....LAME!!!!
  2. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    the treasure of siera madre .

badges , we dont need no stinking badges
  3. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Directed by John Huston, no matter how good Sir Ian McKellen is as Gandalf (and he's great) John Huston will still be the definitive voice of the character for me.
  4. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    strange brew .

use the force you hoser , hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeee
  5. mirax_T Jedi Knight

star 2
    definatly see 'Cannible, the Musical' or any other troma releases!!!
  6. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    mirax , ARE YOU FROM DENVER ? I'VE SEEN YOU AROUND HERE BEFORE .
  7. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    8 heads in a dufel bag .
  8. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Didn't you say you were from up Ft. Collins' way, Mirax?
  9. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    "NOMADS" that was weird, like "LOST BOYS" without the boys?!!!!!
  10. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm actually looking for one obscure movie if anyone remembers it or even better has it on tape. "The Girl, The Gold Watch, and Everything" from 1980, with Robert Hays, and Pam Dawber. The main reason I'm interested in finding it right, is if you've seen the ads for Clockstoppers, same exact story, just with teenagers.
  11. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Read the book a long time back.....Allister Maclain(sp?) I always liked "Ice Station Zebra"!
  12. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    It was actually John D MacDonald, I didn't even know it had been a scifi novel from 1962 until this week when I started searching for info on the tv movie on the net. I'm wondering if the writer of Clockstoppers even gave any credit to the original novel?
  13. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Didn't both of them write during the same time?!
  14. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Talking about another movie reminded me of a great film if you youngsters want to know what the 80's were really like.

200 Cigarettes

Trust me, you will understand the current crop of thirtysomethings a lot better, just by looking at the clothes & hair.
  15. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
  16. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hay I'm not thirty something and I remeber the 80's
  17. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah, but not like we do. Trust me on this one.

Clue #1 - I had 1-12" spiked, purple & orange streaked hair, w/ makeup on my eyes that drifted up into my hair on Friday nights when I was younger. And no, there aren't any pictures left.
  18. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Clue #2 - I never left the house w/ less than two bandanas on for about 8-9 months (thank god that was the fad, great for the hickies that show up at that age).
  19. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Clue #3 - I owned more ties than my father, & most of them were made of leather.
  20. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    LOL! I remember wearing slightly strange clothing during the 80's and my sister had the bangs that swooped to the side...hehe

However during the early 90's I was all about flannel shirts, grunge, and overalls :D
  21. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    What's worse, is that GlamRock was much more horrific. And I'm just old enough to remember the older kids that were into that stuff.
  22. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    hey !!!!!!!! i fall into that glam rock deal . we werent glam like poison or pretty boy floyd , more like la guns , blue murder , or lynch mob . at that time if you took a shower more than once a week and listened to motley , you were glam .
  23. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    You're confusing Hair Rock (some called it Glitz Rock) with Glam Rock. Glam Rock was people like David Bowie in his Ziggy Stardust days. Genderbent Disco was another term used for it. Mostly in the 1970's.
  24. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    stop it . I'm not old I'm not old I tell you and I have no idea what anybody is talking about I dont know who those people are and never will admit I do .
    I never had long hair and teased it or listened to judas priest or twisted sister and I have hever had a bandana, I do not remeber disco and I never dressed funny. I never even wore flanel . I do not like bands like styx or reo speedwagon, and have never even herd of a guy named david bowie let alone prissy pop bands like the go-go's or the knack and who the hell is the clash or the sex pistols. its not true the 80's never happend it's all part of a government plot . I dont remeber watching welcome back carter and starsky and hutch either not reruns mind you. I dont rember learning how to do the shuffle cause it made me look cute to do it in my baby blue polyester suit and leather boots. I will not admit any of this. and nothing you can do will make me. and for the record the bee gee's sucked then too.
  25. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah sure, whatever you say Chunk.

For the record, yes, I did own 2 John Travolta t-shirts; Sweathogs & Grease. [face_blush]
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.