main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Obscure Star Wars stuff you'd like to see in books or comics

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Pretty much what the title says. I noted when I read "Darth Plagueis" that this was actually the first time we'd ever seen the Sun Guard in action despite the fact they'd been a part of the Imperial Royal Guard's backstory forever. It was a really nice moment even if they only served as cannon fodder for the majority of the title.

It then occurred to me I'd like to see more Star Wars stuff expanded upon we never really get to see much of. For me, I'd really love to see the Mecrosa Order make an appearance. I love the Tapani and the fact we've never really gotten them into the books would be good.

I'd also like to see Luke Skywalker deal with the Zeison Sha. It seems like such an interesting group that it's kind of sad we never get to see them in action.

MercenaryAce and Gamiel like this.
  2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The Dai Bendu and the Space Dalai Lama.

3. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm not sure I'd like to see the Whills. It occurs to me there's nothing remotely interesting about them other than they wrote a Journal and knew about Force-Ghosting.

The only way they could be interesting is if they're the "proper name" of the Celestials.

4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]

SPEAKING OF THE WHILLS,

I don't think it makes all that much sense that Qui-Gon doesn't vanish at death now that we know what's going on. It wasn't something he figured out while he was dead, it was something he knew about beforehand from the Whills. I guess the only explanation is that he wasn't prepared or in the state of mind to corporeally vanish at death, but otherwise was able to achieve the state at death, whereas Obi-Wan and Yoda planned ahead for it.

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  5. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes, that's totally it and not Lucas wanting to homage Vader's pyre even if it made no sense.

:D

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Imperial Privateers still need to show up somewhere (and no the Food Pirates from the Jedi Prince series do not count :p) though I suppose Captain Dogot and his crew are pretty close.

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    And just to steal this from Jello.

ARS DANGOR!

jSarek and Gorefiend like this.
  8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Oh, there's a big list. At the top? Xim. Zaarin. The Airam Sector. Chanosant. Orinda. The Confederacy Congress. The Cal-Seti incident. The initial Rebellion Worlds (the ones that declared independence immediately upon Mon Mothma's Declaration of Rebellion and were just as quickly suppressed)

9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I agree. I want to see the Confederacy Congress and find out they're, TO THE MAN, EVIL!

EVIL EVIL EVIL!

General Loathsome, Grevious, and Durge represents all that the Confederacy stands for!

-This message brought to you by Crueya Vandron and the Commission for the Protection of the Republic.

Vialco likes this.
  10. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Please give me an "Ancient Republic" anthology (25000-7900 BBY). Short stories are fine. Give me the Duinogwuin Contentions. Give me the Kumauri Empire. Give me the Unification Wars. And let's see more Pius Dea action. It's a whole giant era where the Sith are simply a species, the Republic is expanding, and holy crap LFL, you can take both Star Trek and Firefly and do the whole exploration/fringe concept even better in the Star Wars milieu. WHY HASN'T THIS ALREADY HAPPENED. THE ATLAS/WARFARE TEAMS GAVE YOU SO MANY ADVENTURE HOOKS, DON'T EXPECT US RP'ERS TO FILL THEM ALL IN.

Also, heroic CIS people and Tapani sector. And Vongerella.

my kind of scum likes this.
  11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    More Firepath. We should have seen Anakin play his first game in TCW.

12. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Only if it include a raucous adventure featuring Rin "the Lucky" Assid!

Gorefiend likes this.
  13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'd like Rookie One to be given a name.

JMM likes this.
  14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well crap, I guess it is time for me to bring out my old favorite...

ACKBAR VS. PELLAEON!!!

--Adm. Nick

15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  16. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I'd love to see references to some video games in form or fashion. Name-dropping but not appearing would help keep the idea that game mechanics aren't canon alive, but still help weave them into the story more. Zaarin and Maarek Steele are two off the top of my head, along with the Tantors from Rebellion, the Zann Consortium from Empire at War (to diversify the galaxy's criminal element, so not everyone is attached to the Hutts or Black Sun), planets like Fest, Taloraan or the Jademoon from Rogue Squadron (along with Kasan Moore), pretty much any of the petty thugs you capture in Bounty Hunter, or even the side-Jedi or Imperial officers from the Force Unleashed games like Kazdan Paratus and Ozzic Stern.

Video games aside, I'd love to see more Tiss'shar around and about the galaxy. Just because they're intelligent, civilized beings who just happen to be therapod dinosaurs, raptors. It's just like Jaxxon, only better, because dinosaurs are always cool.

[​IMG]

Obligatory:
    [​IMG]

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I admit my shameless love of Starkiller means I agree with the video game bit.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anja Gallandro: I feel she would be perfect for the Smuggler Alliance and she is an old pal with the YJK gang and have a back-story that would make her an excellent protégé to Mara Jade
    Silver Fyre: She should be an admiral by now, or have died in some badass way
    Feena D'Asta: she is the heiress to the largest privately-owned fleet in the galaxy, an political realist and have friends in both the Alliance and the Imperial Remnant
    Mirith Sinn: I want to know what she did between Crimson Empire II & III that made her qualified to be Leia's security chief
    The Mining Guild: I want to know more about this powerful trade union
    Zann Consortium: to quote Cynical_Ben "[...]to diversify the galaxy's criminal element, so not everyone is attached to the Hutts or Black Sun". Also what is there not to like about a badass Lucius Malfoy look-alike :cool:
    Myke: this species are descents from the sith, what are their back-story, culture/s and planets?
    Daala's kid/s: I want them to be everything their mom could not be, like competent, badass and likeable
    Schenor: they are ca 240 cm tall cat like aliens with (possibly) universal Force-sensitivity and a preference for big American 60's cars. Also; A'kazz would fit perfect on Yavin IV
    Duros: not obscure but they are always in the background, they Need to be in the Limelight for once!
    Halla: what append to the old charlatan? Please let my head-canon that she is among the unnamed students of Luke’s first class be true [face_praying]

Also something I would love to see is the material made for the Swedish RPG magazine Sinkadus to be made canon=P~ [face_praying]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I only see a red X :(
    What is it?

20. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    A picture of Muldoon, the hunter/game warden from Jurassic Park, with a shotgun, saying "Clever Girl."

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Gracias

22. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Hmmm obscure... trying to think of what would qualify as I don't want to post what I would like to see appearing but rather the qualifying grounds of being obscure and wanting to see in books and comics.

Perhaps more on the Duros. We see them quite a bit but never see much about their society, culture and history. Things like their military, their navy and stuff like that. This would perhaps be best seen in a book where perhaps an adventure happens on Duro now that its been Vongformed.

More on the Columi and their explorations of the galaxy. We know that they were active and spacefaring when everyone else were more wandering their homeworlds. I'd like to see these guys in all their advanced glory. They kind of remind me of Roswell Greys so wouldn't mind seeing that played a bit in the GFFA where there are reports of Columi contact on various planets. Best place for this is perhaps TOR... they are mentioned but books are certainly a place to see them.

Another would perhaps be making the Rybets a former slave race of the Hutts. One of the earlier guides said that the Rybets claim to be from Varl but the Hutts dismiss it. So, I would like to see maybe that early Varl had the Hutts enslave the Rybets and using them as slaves before abandoning them for better servants like the Nikto with the surviving Rybets vowing revenge. Perhaps a book or comic appearance.

Gamiel likes this.
  23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    That movie still gives me nightmares.

I'd love a comic where Vader hunts that species to extinction, killing every last filthy lizard. Seeing those deadly beasts being sliced apart by a blazing red lightsaber would be quite therapeutic.

24. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Pius Dea, especially the Order of the Terrible Glare.
    Force Demons
    Nightmare Demons
    Havet Storm
    Rachi Sitra
    Mnggal-Mnggal
    Tel Angor
    Roni von Wasaki
    The Order of the Silver Jedi
    Danielle Kieran

25. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Alpha Blue: I always wanted to see more of Drayson's super secret spy team
    The Red Moon Mercenaries: New Republic intelligence force that does the jobs the government can't publicly acknowledge
    Chistori and Tiss'shar and Ssi-ruuk: cause the galaxy needs more dinosaurs

Cronal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.