main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obsession #2 preview up

Discussion in 'Literature' started by rhonderoo, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Quest,

Didn't Leland's recent event list indicate that Boba #5 and 6 take place sometime during the Obsession series?

In my Timeline I have Boba #5 and 6 after Obsession 3 and before Obsession 4...

2. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I thought the preview was really good. This is the first real Anakin/Padme in the EU and the writer did a good job.

I don't know how the hell Obi-Wan didn't realize there was something more going on between Anakin and Padme. The Jedi possess a legendary denseness in the prequels but still, it's right in front of his face. I guess obsession leads to stupidity. ;) Although I will say, I can definitely see Anakin being upset with Obi-Wan for dragging him away from Padme.

3. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Once Obsession has been released in it's entirety, I think we'll have a better idea of where the BF books fit. Blackman's no slouch, I wouldn't be surprised to see something along the lines of, "Anakin, go to Xagobah to help Master Glyn-Beti while I continue the search."

4. -Ambu_Fett-

-Ambu_Fett- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Or perhaps the Outer Rim Sieges begin and Obi-Wan and Anakin have to go after their duties again. Then Anakin encounters Ventress again in BF 6 and they go after Ventress again (the battle in Obsession might also relate to the Outer Rim Siegs).
    And yeah, i like these Anakin/Padme scenes too :).

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the BF series is supposed to overlap with Obsession, but until we know how Obsession plays out, it's hard to say.

At this point, I think a safe "fallback" position would be just before DOR, but if it can fit in the midst of Obsession, then that would be optimal.

6. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    I don't know how the hell Obi-Wan didn't realize there was something more going on between Anakin and Padme. The Jedi possess a legendary denseness in the prequels but still, it's right in front of his face. I guess obsession leads to stupidity. Although I will say, I can definitely see Anakin being upset with Obi-Wan for dragging him away from Padme.

No one said he doesn't know...

7. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    He's got to know. There's just a staggering amount of circumstantial evidence. Perhaps though, the idea that they're actually in love, is too much for him to handle. Then again, short of catching Anakin wearing a wedding ring... it's really rather obvious.

But yes, various Jedi who have committed indescretions seem to be forgiven, perhaps for the greater good of the war? Will they let Anakin slide because he's so important?

If this is 5 months prior, she should be beginning to show, especially with twins (and in those slinky gowns of hers). Though it seems like she's being stragetically drawn to not show her middle.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Upon reflection, I'd like to consolidate everything into the main Obsession thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.