main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Obsessions of yours that inexplicably disappeared.

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Apr 11, 2014.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Cynicism. :p

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Same thing.

tom likes this.
  3. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    playing the electric guitar

4. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I tried getting into playing chess a few years ago. I absolutely loved reading about the history of the game and the different tactical and strategic concepts. But the problem was....I just wasn't very good at the actual game. At all. I've always done well with conceptual/abstract thinking and never really excelled at mathematics/logic, and actually playing the game is a manifestation of the latter. So, I can still tell you quite a bit about the history of the game, the classical world champions, and all kinds of stuff about specific tactical concepts. But it's a toss-up as to whether I can actually beat you.

5. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think moving from one place to another (house to house or town to town) makes a difference. I use to be obsessed with keeping my bedsheets tucked under the mattress. Now I don't care. I use to not like for food on a dish to touch. Now I don't really care. I see how other people cling to obsessions, routines, or habits and it makes me want to avoid doing anything close to that. Over the years I've paid more attention to weather, writing, collecting toys, following certain subjects but don't anymore.

6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I used to really enjoy seeing labels automatically appear in youtube videos and them whammo

harpua likes this.
  7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I used to watch a lot of location, location, location. Like old reruns back to back on more 4 all afternoon.

Perhaps in this case the inexplicity was why I watched it so much in the first place. It can't all just be Kirstie and Phil's chemistry man

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Sinking to a new level of low.

And Hitler.

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Manipulating Mike into posting stuff that would get him banned. But now he's taking his meds, I kinda find him cute, and might even be a little jealous of his bromance with Andrew.

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I don't understand the appeal of this show, watching people move into houses I could never afford. Yet I watch a lot of it too.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Exploration of different spiritual journeys and uncovering the meaning of life and **** like that.

Then I found out that the answer is somewhere between "42" and "who cares?"

12. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    No one, including Japes in his OP, seems to be picking up on 'inexplicably' in the thread title.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    At our age not too much happens "inexplicably" anymore.

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
  15. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Superhero movies. I had it until even last year, I think. Me from 2 years ago would be stoked and not able to endure the wait for The Amazing Spider Man 2. Now, I'm surprised by how much I don't care. I'm not feeling the hype for new Marvel stuff or Avengers sequels either. I feel I'm a little interested in the upcoming X-Men, though. Hope it'll be decent. Maybe it isn't so inexplicable. I just grew up.

Edit: now that I think about it some more, it's movies in general. Summer blockbusters used to get me hyped. Now it's all just meh to me.

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The curse of the Parody Thread title.

17. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    That's one that I still have.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Woosh.

19. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    That's because South Park already explained it to us.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well most of them are fairly decent actually, but I can understand where you're coming from.