main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Occupy The Senate - now discussing: a world without banks

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by SuperWatto, Oct 22, 2011.

1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Well you gotta impress 'em with something if you can't do harmonies.

2. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Just read about the new allegations against Cain. Why is it always the (would-be) politicians people go after? They don't seem to be the most powerful people around anymore.

Someone should initiate a good smear campaign against Standard & Poor's.

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    SuperWatto,

It's not the people going after Cain, it's the media.

I just read a really funny (in a sick sort of way) article/column in the SF Chronicle on 21 festive uses for pepper spray. Since I don't know how to post links, you can read it for yourself at sfgate.com.

Hysterically funny! Suggested uses include spraying congress, your honey-baked ham, your pets, toddlers, hippie bike riders, etc. It's a scream!

Nobody is spared. Nobody.

4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Watto, corporations are insulated from most media criticism through the simple mechanism of paid advertising, what a friend of mine used to call "capitalist realist art," but also because all the big media companies share interlocking boards of directors with all the rest of the Fortune 500. What most people think of as hawking wares is also a more generalized incessant cheerleading for consumerism. It takes a Canon or Enron level of crime and corruption to bring real condemnation down on a publicly owned company. Merely screwing everybody isn't enough.

5. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    You're right. Okay, scratch that: let's petition for them to be branded a terrorist organization.