Oceania Oceania?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by -BENDER-, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    is australia/new zealand playing hide & seek or something?
  2. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    It would seem that we are not as Important as the different areas of the United States.
  3. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome -BENDER-... :D
    There's a lot of confusion about the title of this section of the boards (as you can tell), but it's still the Aussie and NZ boards.

BTW people, just because -BENDER- only registered a couple of days ago, or whenever, doesn't mean that he/she/it hasn't been searching for the boards for a while. They may have just found the boards and then registered because they finally found where to post... :p
  4. StoneyMcStoner Jedi Youngling

The biggest problem I can see is that on the main page all it says is Fanforce Oceania without actually mentioning that Australia, the primary content of Oceania, is there.

Now some people will make the comment that it is logical that Australia would be in the Oceania section, but as we are Computer Nerds and Star Wars geeks, not Geography students, and Oceania isn't exactly a word in common usage, couldnt we just put a tagline on the main section similar to Fanforce Europe, simply stating what it includes?

Something like "Fanforce Oceania - Home of FF Australia, New Zealand and Guam"

I miss the good old days when I originally registered under one of my many former nicks, where you could easily find FF AU,go into Aus General, and abuse your fellow countrymen with ease :)

Shara: any chance on letting us into your little secrets of what your plans are to make life more fun, or failing that can you at least take into consideration getting a tagline put on?

Stoney

PS: Welcome -BENDER-, to the craziest place on Earth :)
  5. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    BENDER!
    Welcome!

I don't blame you for being confused but it does tend to be a usual state of mind here :)
    Feel free to wander around the Oceania forum despite lacking evidence in this thread we are pretty friendly altho perhaps in the case of the victorians a little too friendly. SOmething to do with the proximity to tasmania i think ;) :p
  6. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    Shara: any chance on letting us into your little secrets of what your plans are to make life more fun, or failing that can you at least take into consideration getting a tagline put on?

The tagline WILL happen, there's no need to worry about that. It's just the method of it happening - I had my ideas on it, pending further approval. If that doesn't come through, I'll just put something like what Ki suggested.
  7. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    is anything actually in the works about this? what's the delay? how hard can it be to change a line of text? does anyone from guam post here? isn't it a US territory or something? why can't it just say "Fan Force Australia New Zealand" on the main page? why does it have to say anything different other than what countries have their forums here? how long does one short line of text take to get aproval?

just a couple of questions i had in mind, no particular order of importance.
  8. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    is anything actually in the works about this? what's the delay?

Yes. The delay is the fact that we were concentrating more on actual problems, rather than this, and in getting a new RSA.

how hard can it be to change a line of text?

Not too hard, but there are easier and more polite ways of finding it out - a quick PM to myself would easily have gotten the answer you needed. :)

does anyone from guam post here? isn't it a US territory or something?

Yes, they do - I gave their forum a reprieve due to a private conversation with myself and one of the people who live there that said he would discuss it with the other fans he knew that lived in Guam, to see if they were willing to get their act together and become more active.

why can't it just say "Fan Force Australia New Zealand" on the main page? why does it have to say anything different other than what countries have their forums here?

This is a region, like all the others - this is the name that describes the area it covers. I'm confused as to whether you want the description or not. First you get annoyed that it hasn't been done yet, and then you say you don't want Oceania to be different from the other countries, which it would be if it got it?

how long does one short line of text take to get aproval?

Approval has been gotten, MisFitToy. This will be coming in with a whole bunch of new reforms for this forum (headers, sticky threads, that "line of text', and a few other surprises we have up our sleeves. ;) )

You should see the first of these within the next week or so, with completion to come within a month.
  9. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    My confusion got answered in the above edited message... All is good.
  10. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    A description on the main index page next to the Fanforce Oceania link that describes the boards contained within (at the moment Australia, New Zealand and Guam). :)
  11. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
  12. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A description on the main index page next to the Fanforce Oceania link that describes the boards contained within (at the moment Australia, New Zealand and Guam).

Why don't we just call it 'Australia and New Zealand'? After all it is only folks from here that do post...theGuamian posting rate isn't exactly cheetah speed you know...

Just a thought ;)
  13. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Give Guam a chance.

I mean, the country has such a cool name. Imagine living in "Guam". Imagine being able to put on your place of residence "Guam!"

Besides, Ben Skywalker is a top bloke whose been VERY busy of late. Give the young lad some time, and he'll get the kids of Guam excited and ready to passionately post soon enough.

All he needs is a supply of axes, some trees, and a few trucks.

This is where YOU the people of Oceania can step in to help your fellow Oceanian.

Donating is easy: Send cash or property donations to PO Box 392 Mt Eliza Victoria Australia, and address it to the "Guam FanForce Aide Appeal".

All donations will be appreciated, and together we can help Guam FanForce survive, and thrive!!!
  14. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    Why do I sense that this is just a scheme for you to make some easy beer money, P-o-T?

:D

On the other hand, I suppose I do support Guam and their soon-to-be wood-chopping ways.
  15. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    *knocks*
    this thing on?
  16. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  17. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool! now let's hear from everyone in the back!

:p
  18. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
  19. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  20. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  21. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
  22. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5