main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA OCSWS KICK OFF TO SUMMER BEACH PARTY

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Greetings! I know there is still plenty of planning that we are doing on our end, but we will have things finalized at our May 4th meeting.

This invitation is going out to the following Fanforces: IE, Mojave, Ventura, SD and LA.

We the OCFF invite you to our KICK OFF TO SUMMER BEACH PARTY.

Date: Saturday June 7

Place: TBA SOON!

This will bean all day event from early morning about 10am until they close the beach. We will be providing lunch for everyone as well as the Hamburgers, hotdog and fixings for dinner. We will be having a bon-fire that evening as well and will have the fixing for smores.

We are only asking that those coming from other areas please help us out by bringing drinks or chips with them.

This should be a truly fun event for everyone involved and we should have a fairly large group. So please post here so we can start getting headcounts for who will be attending.

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Wow! That sounds fun!!!!

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    That does sound very fun.

Would we wear name badges with our JC names on them? :p

4. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Ok everyone. We will be finalizing the location this weekend. However I need an accurate headcount for this event as we need to do some shopping.

So please post if you will be attending and also how many friends or family members will be coming along with you.

5. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    The Mr. and I want to go, but we're a tentative "yes" for now.

6. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I'd like to go, but the Mr. won't be attending. He doesn't do sun very well...

7. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I'm still thinking. :)

8. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    That would be a no for me, sorry.

EDIT: Well, maybe. Let me think about it.

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Ok everyone the location for the beach party has been finalized.

Huntington Beach (City Side) Beach Blvd entrance. Once you turn into the Beach Blvd entrance go to the right side of the beach. This is the city side of the beach; the cost for parking is $7.00 all day. Once you enter the city beach area you don?t have to go to far to find the tower location. We will be in the area of Tower 15. The party area will be located back near the fire pits. For landmarks to make sure you are in the right spot look for the following things; OCSWS Banner, The Beach Hut (snack stand) and bathrooms that are next door and the volleyball nets which are close by.

Time: 10:45 or 11:00 am until the beach closes

Date: Saturday June 7th.

Directions:

From San Diego:

Take the I-5 Northbound to the 55 FWY South towards Newport Beach, eventually this freeway will end just continue on after it ends until you come to Pacific Coast Hwy. Once you get to PCH make a right turn and heads towards Huntington Beach. At Beach Blvd make a left turn into the beach entrances. Once you?ve made the left go to the City Beach entrance, which is on the right side.

From the Inland Areas:

Take the 91 FWY westbound and merge onto the 55 FWY continue on this and eventually this freeway will end just continue on after it ends until you come to Pacific Coast Hwy. Once you get to PCH make a right turn and heads towards Huntington Beach. At Beach Blvd make a left turn into the beach entrances. Once you?ve made the left go to the City Beach entrance, which is on the right side.

From LA and Ventura County:

I hate to say this, but I am not familiar enough with your areas to include good directions.
    Just load the following intersection into mapquest and you should be fine.

Beach Blvd and Pacific Coast Highway
    Huntington Beach

Details:

We will be bringing the fixings for Dinner, which will include hamburgers, hotdogs, picnic salads and some sodas. We will also be having Subway way sandwiches provided for lunch. We request that members from other Fanforces help us out by bringing additional refreshments such as some sodas as well as some chips and dips. If you have any questions please post them here. Also in case anyone gets lost you can contact the OCSWS by pager and someone will call you back to make sure you are able to find it. The pager number is 714-268-9626.

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Hunington eh? Interesting choice. I'll still have to see what's going on that day.

11. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Hi! I hope as many of you as possible can make it this day! Remember you are more than welcome to bring a friend or family member. Everyone is welcome :) Here's a few more thoughts on the directions I'd like to add:

I am not really sure what freeway you guys exactly will be coming from, but you have a few options.
    1) exiting on the 405 S (BEACH BLVD exit, and head south all the way to the beach (about 15 mins or so)
    2) exiting off the 5 or 405 to the 55 S and taking the 55 S to PCH or the Victoria exit (last exit before freeway ends).

I would go with the 405 S Beach exit personally, it's really easy, and you have very little chance of getting lost as long as you take the correct exit. The beach exit off the 405 is right after the goldenwest exit, and after the 22 freeway. When you take the exit, it doesn't put you straight on beach. you'll want to get into the left hand lane, and turn left, and then get into the righthand lane, and that will put you on beach. then just head down beach (a relatively straight, 4 lane highway or some such thing). Just head straaaaaaight down to PCH, where you will go straight though the light and park by the beach in the lots there. :D
    Any questions, please PM me!

A picture of what I am talking about

12. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Thanks, d27!

Mr. GB and I will try to make it, but it's a little bit up in the air for us. That's the weekend before the last week of the regular school year, and we both will need to see where we are with grading, prepping, etc., before we can decide.

13. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Zaranne--I've PM'd the CR for OCSWS, and he's going to find out about the dogs-at-beach issue.

:~)

14. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Thanks, GB! Regardless of whether I can bring the pup(s) or not, I will still be more than likely to go!

15. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    OK I have checked the detail about pets at the beach. Unfortunately they are not allowed in the area we are going to be at.

We look forward to having you all come down and join us. please take my pager number posted earlier in case you get lost on the way. Someone will call you back to ensure you find us.

Also one last reminder to please help us out by bringing some chips and sodas. Thank you.

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Thanks, SRB.

I still don't know if we're going to make it or not....it will probably be a last-minute decision on my part.

17. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Shopping is done and everything is ready to go. Now we just need you! We'll see you all at the beach tomorrow!

18. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it there. :~( I've got wads of grading and classroom stuff to do.

19. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    It's still up in the air for me. :)

There's a Beach Bash in Hermosa Beach (where my dad works), so I may be there, or I may be home if my mom doesn't get over her cold.

Or, I could just be in jail.

20. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    I'm not going to be able to make it either. I have obligations to another group tomorrow. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.