main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oct. 18th BBQ!

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Re-posted as a sticky thread by the request of Jayna.

Hey guys! As we discussed in the last meeting, here's the October meeting sticky (no sickies) . So far, we have a BBQ planned for October 18 at 1 pm at the pits on Riddle's west lawn.

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Thanks Minacia!!! :D

Sorry it took so long to get this sticky thread up, guys. There were problems with the other one and we just decided to start over.

So, what all do we need there? Burgers, buns, plates & napkins, condiments, drinks, any side dishes? This thing would work great if everyone brings something. Just go ahead and pipe up with what you want to bring. Oh yeah- do we need charcoal? I'm not exactly familiar with the whole bbq process... :)

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm sure we could find a lump of Plutonium 238 on e-bay that would work fine...

So far we have me bringing meat and biggie doing the marinade and being the official chef. We still need:

plates
    napkins
    utinsels
    condiments
    toppings for meat (ie. cheese, pickles, etc)
    drinks
    charcoal and lighter fluid
    buns
    sides (ie. fruit, veggies, potato salad, etc)
    music??
    any games or anything, or do we want to worry about that after?

I figure the utinsels and napkins we can jack from the UC. Heck, you guys on campus could probably go get your own drinks. I'll be bringing water, so I'm good.

I figure most of this stuff we can pick up earlier that day. Biggie and I are going to head out to Sam's. (What time? Maybe around 10:30-11 before all the old people get there?)

Should we start cooking at 1, or maybe a little earlier?

Hopefully by then we'll have a T-shirt design so we can get that stuff taken care of.

GG people, how long are you planning to stick around? Are you still going to be playing 40k at 2?

4. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    that moring sounds good.

5. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    every one know what they r going to get for the BBQ? i dont want any one not knowing they had to bring stuff. i will also get the charcoal and lighter fluid.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah guys, let's try to have the list about a week in advance or something so we all aren't scrambling at the last minute.

Good news though, I have confirmed our reservation of the BBQ pit.

7. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I'll get chips and bring my own drinks. I'll at least be bringing Sun Chips. Let me know what kind of chips/pretzels/munchies you all like and I'll pick them up too.

-Jack

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Baked chips and pretzels are cool. Maybe corn chips. Everson was talking about beans and slaw, but if he ever get's on the frelling boards and posts! then we'll know. :) Will you need to go to Sam's with Biggie and me?

9. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    I guess that'd be easyist(SP?). Just let me know when you're gonna go.

Eversen IS on the boards but he never posts which I can't understand. It's not like he does anything at work.

-Jack

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, when we go all depends on when we want to start cooking. Do we want to have everything ready as people arrive, or do we want to wait until everyone gets there so they can tell the Chef how they want the burgers done? We also need to know who is going to be there and how much you want to eat. Yes people, this means we need FEEDBACK! This is something I think we need to have all planned out at least the weekend before. So if you are coming, and you are bringing something, then just do a post saying something like:

Yes, I will be there, Bringing the meat and buns

And the sooner people post what they are bringing, the sooner other people know what they need to bring.

Me: Burgers/buns (how many burgers? How many buns?)
    Biggie: Marinade, charcoal, lighter fluid
    Jackdoud: chips

And I would like to say again that if you are in the area, feel free to come to a meeting! I don't know what we'll be doing afterwards *coughfarscapecough* but it's sure to be a blasty! Heck, after the last one I ended up helping Jayna make a dijerydo! :p

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I can be in charge of bringing/stealing the plates, napkins, and utensils. I will also bring the condiments.

As for condiments, what all do you guys want? I'm a pretty strict ketchup & mustard girl. I figure I'll bring some sort of pickles, lettuce and tomato too. What else do you guys put on burgers?

I like Jackdoud's idea of bringing your own drinks. If everyone bought what their own drinks, we wouldn't have to worry about pleasing everyone, getting cups, and having too much or not enough. What do you think?

As for when you guys cook stuff, I think that can wait until after people get there. That way it can be cooked the way people like it and it won't be sitting out waiting for people.

12. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    we should have the metting than eat. there is no such thing as a well done hamburger to me. it will be a little pink in the center, if u have a problem whith that wll i guess your fu**ed, j/k just tell me before hand. and on the topings, i dont care, just as long there is the basic ones. i say BYOB

13. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    also chesse and buns, thoes would be inportant, some one needs to get them, i might get john to get them, unless some one else does?

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Farsight can get buns. I think Kashyyk will be in charge if entertainment (biggie, spike his burger!) I'm usually a ketchup and mustard kinda guy as well (I'll have my salad seperate, thank you very much). And if everyone brought there own drinks then that would be less to worry about, so good idea.

15. BobaFett316

BobaFett316 Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2003
    hey was up
    yeah i'll bring plates and condoments
    what condoments do we want?

16. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    the basic ketchup & mustard, pickles, mayo, .....

17. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    we need a final count on how many people are coming.
    i think we got about 8 or 9 people coming. thats including the 2 new people i know are coming i think.

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Have we decided on anything after the BBQ? I know some FL Garrison members are doing Halloween Horror Nights. It would be cool to get a big group together and head out there for the evening.

19. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    I've got tests next week and an airship to build so I can't go. Plus I don't really like the idea of spending $33. :)

-Jack

20. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah, there's no way I will be able to do Halloween Horror Nights. Busy busy busy!! :)

I was just thinking that Saturday would be a good day to bust out some of our TCG & CCG decks that we have been dying to play. Maybe get some of the people who haven't been sucked into those games yet playing. [face_devil] I still think I have a starter box around here somewhere...

Like I have said before, I have other Star Wars games that I wouldn't mind playing also. Hoorha for Star Wars chess & Life!

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I could go for a chess rematch. I haven't touched my TCG decks since we went climbing, and my CCG decks have a nice layer of dust over them.

P.S. I got my roll of Imperial Barricade tape in the mail today!!! Should I bring it to the BBQ? [face_devil]

22. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    should we pick the t-shirt we want to make at the BBQ sence Bill is working at a t-shirt printing store?

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Honostly guys, I won't have time to work on a shirt until Christmas break, if that. If anyone else has any designs or wants to modify any designs, that's cool.

Where is Bill working?

24. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    As for the barricade tape, ABSOLUTELY!!!! What better time to put it to use?!?!? :D

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, so what is the count on people that need to go to Sam's? Right now I have Jackdoud, Biggie, and Biggie's roommate. Meet in the Villiage lobby at 1000?

Also, by rapid calculation we have two people bringing condiments an only one person bringing any kind of side item. Taking the derivative of that formula we have one person that could possibly switch out to bring another side item, and if we take the gradient of that we should be all kosher.

*goes to work on the Free Body Diagram of the West Lawn*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.