main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY OCT 2011 Book Poll

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    November will be the anniversary of Tim Zahn's foray into the Galaxy Far Far Away. His first trilogy has been credited with re-spawning a star wars craze that spawned 3 new movies, a zillion toys, books, games, and probably this website. So. This October we will honor him by reading a book by him. (We started the club with the Thrawn trilogy, but he has other books too: like.......

Choices of One: Mara does stuff, and it will be cool cuz Tim wrote it.
    http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/choices/index.html

Allegiance. Probably a prequel to Choices of One, read what happens when stormtroopers stop being clones, and start keeping it real. Also, Mara does stuff, and it was cool cuz Tim wrote it.

2 books! Specter of the Past & Vision of the Future. Tim wraps up the New Republic era in a neat little bow. Surprises abound in this really cool dualogy of books. Also, Thrawn. Or not. Or yes? Read it!

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Can't go wrong with anything here but I have a weakness for redheads so "Choices" it is.

3. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I don't really think that we can go wrong with any of these books. I loved the Duology and would happily read it again too.

4. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    I literally flipped a coin between Allegiance and Duality. Allegiance won. Wow... I just couldn't make up my mind between them, but I agree, this is a no lose scenario here. [face_batting]

5. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    so, next october is zawn month????

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Aye. Zahn month.

Zooinks! A tie, with 4 days left to go. Someone vote!

7. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Looks like Dualogy is going to take it. I was torn between them.. looks like a triple read for me this go round. But as stated before, "This was a no lose scenario this month". [face_batting]

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Another horse race! Looks like we will be reading TWO books in October, but trust me: well worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.