main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October 16th General Meeting - Summit Mall

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I know it was kind of loud there last time, but we're going to try the interior food court this time. It's in the center of the mall and is considerably less crowded.

Right now the only thing I can think of that we have to discuss is the Mid-Ohio-Con in November, should anyone wish to go. So far Jan Duursema is the only Star Wars-related guest. Here's their website.

For those who can't make Emily's birthday party on the 8th, this would also be a good chance to bring her all those rare Star Wars toys you don't want anymore. ;)

As always, if there's something you wish to discuss, feel free to post about it or just bring it up at the meeting.

EDIT: I will be attending the Motor City Con the day of this meeting so if those who are attending wished to move it out of the mall you can. Just try to keep the location discussion short.

2. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    For those who can't make Emily's birthday party on the 8th, this would also be a good chance to bring her all those rare Star Wars toys you don't want anymore.
    :D yes...any/all SW toys will do!! :D

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Uh, what time? 6?

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    6:00pm seems to work good for most people, especially those who work on weekends.

IF it's still playing at the nearby movie theater, we gotta go see "Sky Captains" as a group, trust me if you're a fan of SW you can appreciate this movie!

5. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Sounds good to me. Looking forward to it!

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    If it is at 6 I might be able to attend. The Motor City Con isn't that big so I should be out of there around 4 depending on the discussions and stuff. If so, I should be getting back into Cleveland around 6. If it's not too late after 6, and I'm not too tired, I'll stop by. But, as much as I like you guys, seeing Amanda Pays [face_love] comes first.

7. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Surprise, surprise, I'm not going to be home for this meeting.

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I dunno if I can make it... I'm guessing not though, because with my grandfather's recent death, my dad and I are going to be moving my grandmother closer to our place all day that day. If we are done by like 4:00 PM maybe I'll be able to, otherwise don't count on me showing up.

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Dude, take care of the family (we'll be here for ya) and the jedi stuff can wait.

Don, that's cool...

Somebody get word to Scott (since he's not online) in case he wants to go as well.

October 8th - Summit Mall
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Darth-Zome
    ???
    ???

10. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I'll be there.

October 8th - Summit Mall
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Darth-Zome
    Malo-ha
    ???
    ???

11. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I think Geoff has my b-day on the brain...

October 16th - Summit Mall
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Darth-Zome
    Malo-ha
    ???
    ???

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Oops, missed that one...good news is alot of folks are getting the date mixed up. You guys working on the newsletter got the date mixed up; said it was on Oct 19th (Tuesday) No worries, we're meeting on on Saturday.

Krash
    Padawan92
    Darth-Zome
    Malo-ha
    ???
    ???

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Darth-Zome
    Malo-ha
    JarJarJedi (late)
    ???
    ???

I'll call. (Geoff, your phone better be working. :p) We are doing a craft show that day, well, two of them actually. One in Wadsworth (where I'll be, at the high school) and the other one in Tuslaw, which is about 10 minutes south of Canal Fulton on Rt. 93. We only have one way to haul the stuff... therefore we have to go down to Tuslaw after we finish packing up at Wadsworth... and both shows are over at 4.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Geoff, your phone better be working.
    Why...I might actually enjoy the peace and QUIET on a meeting/event day ;)

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Posted this on the website, anyone have other topics for discussion?

Meeting Agenda
    Wal-Mart CMN event
    Mid-Ohio Con
    Bowl For Kids Sake 2005
    JKOC fundraising
    Celebration III/ROTS

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I passed on the convention (driving 3 hours just to meet one person was just too far) so if I can remember where this place is, I'll be there.

17. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Here are the meeting minutes. Sorry they're a little late, but I just got them today.

Wal-Mart Opening - On October 30th a new Wal-Mart in Canton will be opening. The Ohio Garisson will be in attendence and the JKOC has been asked to attend as well. All are welcome, especially those with costumes. There will also be a fund-raising raffle for the Children's Miracle Network. Prizes include the OT DVDs and various other Star Wars stuff.

JKOC Website - The site will be down "In the future" for about a day while it is updated. Once this is done we should be able to use avatars and small graphical signatures.

Bowl 4 Kids Sake 2005 - We're planning on fielding two teams this year. The Rebel Strike team will return with Geoff at the helm. Will will be heading up the other team. Emily, Cindy, Brian and Drew are also currently participating. If you're interesting in joining, Geoff needs one more person for his team and Will needs four. People are also needed for fundraising. Maybe going to companies and asking them to sponsor a team. If you're interested, see Geoff.

B4KS Raffle - Amy Allen may attend before Revenge of the Sith hits theaters. Also, Joe Corroney might be willing to appear at some kind of event. Steve Sansweet and Bantha Tracks will also be asked if they can provide some help.

Mid-Ohio-Con - November 27 & 28 at the Easton Town Center in Columbus. Right now just Jan Durresema and Joe Corroney are the only Star Wars-related guests scheduled to attend. Chris Sprouse, the artist who co-wrote and drew the comic adaptation for Splinter of the Mind's Eye will also be attending. Others of interest are Clare Kramer ("Glory" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Noel Neill ("Lois Lane" on the 50s Superman TV series) and Lou Ferrigno (TV's Incrdible Hulk). Don, Roseanna, Saralynn, Cindy and Geoff are all planning on attending.

Celebration III - Most everyone has already ordered their tickets. Bret will also be there. Keep checking the boards for meet-ups and stuff.

Revenge of the Sith - Geoff is planning on selling B4KS raffle tickets at any midnight showings, if allowed. Perhaps also securing prefered seating.

X-mas party - This will either be at Cindy's again or we are thinking of moving it to Dave and Busters and making it less formal.

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Here are the meeting minutes. Sorry they're a little late, but I just got them today.

I don't know why they're late. It's not like I only sent them to you last night at 1AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.