main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October 18th General Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Nope, I can't go. My mom's class won't get out until 3 or so; andthen we have to go to my little sister's basketball game. :( :(
    I'm really sorry Eric.

-DVR

2. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't think we should have the noon meeting then...if no one but Eric will go with Krash...what is the real point?

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Next time DVR, things come up and we can't be at every meeting/event we have.

I got an e-mail from Darth-Zod...he knows about the meeting (because I told him a while ago), and is going to be there! How's that for communications!!!

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I won't be showing up at all tomorrow, as I originally planned before David said he might be able to make it. Sorry guys, but I got a life outside of these boards, too.

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    October 18th Meeting
    Krash
    JarJarJedi
    Malo-Ha
    Darth-Zod (emailed it to me)
    DVR (just got your PM kid)

Just FYI...the next scheduled meeting is December 21st...just wanted to give everyone notice well in advance!

6. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I'll be there! :)

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I've got so much homework, and I haven't seen some family in quite some time, so I don't think I'll be coming despite David showing up. And I'm sorry that I'm not getting your game to you tonight David. Perhaps December 20th... it'll make a nice early Christmas present for you!

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That was a fun meeting (even thought I was more of a hologram then in person ;) )!

Nice talking to Don...for some reason he hasn't been around our boards...(some CR ;) ). Too back I was breaking up and couldn't talk to anyone else!

Someone should be posting the notes from the meeting soon...I want to know what I missed!

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    A thousand pardons, Emily. I'll post right now just for you. ;)

10. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    No you won't, I will. I'm secretary, remember.

Return of the ZOD!
    Just when you thought the Sith were gone from the boards...Darth-Zod makes his return to JKOC, by attending tonights meeting! Welcome back Steve!

Congratulations DonC...new Chapter Rep!
    With 12 votes in the recent election, DonC has won the election to replace Krash as CR. Don should receive his promotion to CR status sometime next week.

Afterwards, there was some discussion about how this will change things within JKOC. Krash will remain involved with JKOC, but in a limited capacity with THE COUNCIL, as his duties as RSA will have him elsewhere. Don's first act as CR was to assign his former position as the treasury officer to Krash. With Don's promotion, and Krash's reduced role...there will be another position opening on THE COUNCIL.

Bowl for Kids Sake 2004
    After representing JKOC in last year's charity event for Big Brother, Big Sister of Greater Cleveland...Krash proposed fielding an entire team from JKOC. Everyone agreed this would be a good opportunity for us to "make a difference in the community" (something that was tried a couple times last year). As a member of the PR committe for BBBS, Krash will head up the team for this event. And He will be looking for 4-5 people interested in participating...as well as others willing to assist in the fundraising aspect of the event.

Mid-Ohio Con/DarkXmas
    Road trips to both conventions were discussed. Krash has been in contact with the other Ohio chapters, and many of them are looking forward to meeting us there. In addition it was suggested that we contact a certain JEDI MASTER of The Jedi Knights of Cleveland...to arrange for her to meet other members of the JKOC.

Christmas Party - December General Meeting
    JarJarJedi and Padawan Padme have offered to host our next general meeting, with the added bonus of holding a Christmas party. At the request of the family...the meeting/party will be held SUNDAY, December 21st (as they will be hosting a family function on the 20th) JarJarJedi will be posting more information about this meeting as we draw closer to December.

*I didn't write this, I just copied and pasted what Geoff e-mailed me.*

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Don's first act as CR was to assign his former position as the treasury officer to Krash. With Don's promotion, and Krash's reduced role...there will be another position opening on THE COUNCIL

Not that it really matters, but is Krash doing the role of the treasurer? Or is that the new council opening? I'm just wondering because those two sentences from the minutes seem contradictory to me, if someone could clarify, I'd appreciate it.

And so we can make the proper arrangements/adjustments to our schedule, are we all in favor of having a meeting on December 21st instead of the 20th? If we're going to make a group decision, I suggest Will open a poll on this. I'm fine with having a meeting on the 21st. I just think we should try and avoid confusion early on.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    October 18th Meeting
    Krash
    DonC
    JarJarJedi
    Malo-Ha
    Darth-Zod
    DVR
    Padawan92 (via hologram/cell phone)

Tonight was alot of fun...felt like old times with Steve back (I promised to keep him informed on all our events) We talked about alot of stuff, and still kept the discussion loose and informal (like Tinkers Creek) So I think it's safe to say this system still works best for us.

EDIT: In my new role as RSA, I am giving up my right to vote on matters of the council (unless there is an emergency) There will still be an odd number of votes (3) among the council...Don/Reborn/to be determined.

DVR brought his pictures from All-Ohio, and I shared some of my re-preints of Cindy's digital pictures.

Then after the meeting, we went around the mall...checked out the usual stops like KB Toys and Suncoast, and we helped Malo-Ha shop for some shoes (little success)

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The treasurer thing was done because we need to raise $25 for our domain name again. (We also need to %!+(# slap Brian into getting something on the damn thing.)

The change to the 21st was done because we are, once again, having a party at Cindy's house. And while I'm sure her family are all very nice, having us show up during their party might be kinda awkward.

14. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Do you think Cindy's family would be upset if we all showed up on Saturday? Even if we brought food? ;) I think its great of her to offer to have us over after having a big party the day before. Unless of course she's looking for people to help her clean up. [face_laugh]

It was nice meeting people again last night and for the first time, DVR.

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    From what I understand, their party on Saturday is mainly a family thing...we had a party the day after (laast year) and it seemed to be best for everyone involved.

PadawanPadme asks that we come over on Sunday...I don't argue with the "Mom" of the jedi temple!

16. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    The change to the 21st was done because we are, once again, having a party at Cindy's house. And while I'm sure her family are all very nice, having us show up during their party might be kinda awkward.

Aw, come on! My family is nice! :D

Do you think Cindy's family would be upset if we all showed up on Saturday? Even if we brought food? ;)

Actually, if I would ask my one Uncle, his response would be: "They could come only if know how to play Tripoly." (It's the card game thatmy family always play at the Christmas party.) And yes, if you do show up for our Christmas party for my family, you would probably have to bring food. ;)

I think its great of her to offer to have us over after having a big party the day before. Unless of course she's looking for people to help her clean up. [face_laugh]

You're welcome Mary. :) Oh, and you are right, I guess you figured me out. :p

From what I understand, their party on Saturday is mainly a family thing...

Actually, we have had friends over before... ;)

I'll start a thread on this soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.