main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson October 1st meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    :eek: [face_worried]

Hmmmmm, if I make chili I have to start cooking it tomorrow. It needs time to . . . conspire. [face_devil]

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
  3. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I will definately try to be there. Since this week is an away game, NO PRACTICE on Saturday. I am overjoyed. I cannot bring chili, but will be glad to judge. My crock pot is at my dad's house, and God knows when I can get it back. I make this sweet and spicy chili that is to die for. Alas, no Crock Pot, no chili:(.

4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool, hope to have ya! ALSO, if you are entering the hottest category, the requirement is that it is STILL EDIBLE, and not so hot no one wants to try it!

5. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    So where and at what time is this "MEAT"ing gonna be held at? I'll bring hot dogs so's we can have us some chilidoggies!

6. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Sorry I've been absent as of late, quite busy with work and life. No excuse.

What whould I bring (I can't make chili)?

Everybody ok with rides?

7. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hmmmm, well we'll have plenty of bread, but you guys can just show up! If you want to bring anything, bring a chili or maybe some drinks?

Heres some directions from the freeway

Heres some directions from Thornydale

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    uh oh.. when I clicked on the link it takes me to address to map direction.. not the link to the actual directions.. did anyone have this happen.. you may just have to post the addy and we have to mapquest ourselves. Or you could copy and paste the directions.

9. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    yep, It happened to me too. What about everyone meeting at Cats house..or somewhere, and then everyone riding together? Just an idea..

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that is fine with me to meet here.. but for some people that would be back tracking I think... I will call dustin and get the address and then pm the directions to each of us.

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'd be up for meeting at Cathie's house and drivng to Dial's house. Seems to make sense with the price of gass and all. I can accomidate up to 4 people in confort and 5 like sardenes.

12. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I am up for that! What time shall we meet at Cats house, then?

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    9:30ish if thats alright with everyone?

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that is fine by me!! I'll be here.. anyone that wants to join us come on over.

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    my only sadness is my migraine of thursday kept me from making chili.. and now I fear I have no time to make it.. if I get off work early enough this morning.. I am doing it anyway. Just depends on work tonight.. at least my headache seems to have dissappated so that I can function. See ya'll in the morning.

16. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Alas, no chili for tim :_|. My wireless router fried in a power surge last night and I need to venture to Circuit City in a quest for a really good, inexpensive one, that has a warranty the protects from Acts of God. Damned Microsoft saying they cover the router for two years, except if they deem it an Act of God or negligence and then we charge you to fix it whether you want it fixed or not. Which is why I am sucking it up and buying a new router. A college student in today'sa ge cannot, and I mean CANNOT, live without the internet. I have homework and quizzes online, that I must take. Internet means life at the U of A. I was so looking forward to a nice day of chili, antacid, and SW. Hopefully one of these months I will make it to a meeting.

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Why don't you wait to see what's on sale tomorow (sunday's ads)?

http://www.salescircular.com/az.shtml

http://www.saleshound.com/saleshound/slh_default.asp

http://www.shoplocal.com/shoplocal/default.aspx?action=nuep&r=632637556607285281182761110&

For the time being you can run the internet feed from the modem directly into you pc.

Just a thought.

18. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, I'm going to be there. I just have to wait for the car now [face_frustrated]

19. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Actually Circuit City had a great deal. I got a new router for $70 initially, with a $40 rebate. The guy said it was a great router, plus they included a 4 year warranty (covers Acts of God) for $20. I was happy. This is in fact the first test that my router works.

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Had a great time, thanks to Dial for hosting.

21. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting and chili today, but my ten year old dog pulled up lame right around 10:00 AM. She's not showing any signs of pain but refuses to put weight on her right hind leg. If there's no sign of improvement in a day or so I'll take her to the vet. She was outside at the time this would have happened, so I've got no idea what she did, or didn't do.
    So, what all did I miss?

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    what did you miss

Jada will give minutes.. but from my point of view.. you missed the unveiling of DSJ's Vader Costume!!! Which rocks!!!!

and some unbelievably good food.. and fellowship!!!

Kudos to DSJ for inviting us to share in his family's event.. we all had a great time. and major kudo's to your grandmother.. for the orange squares!!! I eagerly await this recipe!!!

I keep wondering how we are going to top each meeting.. this one is a doozy!! Not sure how we shall top it.. but try we shall.

I have still not been to bed as tired as I am.. from all the fun. Going to try bed within the hour though!!

Had fun !!!

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I hope your dog is alright... when pets are not feeling well.. it is like having our children sick.

24. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    WookieWallaby, I hope your doggie will be ok. @};-

I think I know now why DSJ's chili was called SATAN'S OUTHOUSE [face_devil] [face_laugh] :eek: :p

Minutes of the Meeting

Jada arrived very late and should be flogged for this :p

In attendance:

cathiecat and Jake (who needs a board name) ;)
    DialSwiftJustice
    hal9K1
    Mugen

and many members of DSJ's family.

The Chili Cookoff

DSJ's chili took 3 awards including hottest. cathiecat's chili took best overall!

Thank you to DSJ and his family for having us. :D

Halloween

25. CRS - 2pm to 4pm near TMC. DSJ is going to look into whether or not we will have a changing room there or if we need to come dressed, etc. As DSJ will be our Vader, he will need someone to "guide" him as he can't see a thing out of that helmet. More information to be found here

26. DVD Midnight Release - Jada will be contacting the Walmart at Cortaro Farms to see if we can do an event there. If so, she will also contact the Food Bank to do a food drive in conjuction with that. More infomation to be found here

27. Upcoming Events

November - our next meeting - we said we'd do a Monday so shall it be the 7th? (I know I can't make the 14th as my [face_love] and I will be in Phoenix that day.)

December - Clone Wars Release and possible toy drive.

Also, JoAnn's fabric is having a Simplicity Pattern sale next weekend. $1.99 per pattern. [face_dancing]

28. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, did everyone survive the chili? o_O :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.