Lou, KY October 2012 Book Club Poll

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Nov 15, 2011.

?

October 2012 Book Club Poll

Poll closed Dec 5, 2011.
Lost Tribe Of The Sith Short Stories 0 vote(s) 0.0%
X-Wing: Mercy Kill 3 vote(s) 60.0%
Chrystal Star 2 vote(s) 40.0%
Other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    When voting, besure to click on the right book!

For October of 2012 (hey, gotta plan these things out Nerfherders) we got three books. The first is an interesting concept?sithly short stories set in the way back: Lost Tribe of the Sith: Anthology by John Jackson Miller. John Jackson Miller wrote several short stories as prequels (of sorts) for both Crosscurrent and the Fate of the Jedi series. This paperback will collect all of them, plus a few new ones. Of course, as the short stories were originally free?those of you on the cheep can of course read them without having to buy the book.

Another choice is the highly anticipated X-Wing Mercy Kill. A new tale in the popular X-wing series by Aaron Allston. I?m afraid I don?t know too much more than that. It will feature Wraith squadron, and I?m sure some starfighter combat. And jokes. And words. I?m going to read it.

As it is October, it is only fitting that we add some horror in the line up; in this case the horror of the book that is The Crystal Star by Vonda McIntyre. Set ten years after Jedi, Luke and the gang take on the cult of Waru! Some of us actually like this book. Personally, it is a good book, just a weird star wars book. Still, it is fun?if often made fun of.

Other: got an idea-- put it here!

MTFBWY
    Jammies
  2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Lock s-foils in attack position for Wraith Squadron!
  3. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Agreed Mika! Mercy Kill looks like a winner for muah. [face_dancing]
  4. mindtwister_138 Force Ghost

star 3
    Just a side note. I usually vote for The Crystal Star, but did not this time...lol. I loved Wraith Squadron, and I'm excited they are getting a new story!
  5. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    And yet, at least two people voted for The Great Waru!

Twisty and I will have a two man book club meeting for the crystal star :)
  6. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone know where in the time line the new Xwing book takes place? Is it during the New Republic era, or will it me Old Man Antilles on one last mission. Either way, I'm so excited. 2012 will be a great year for the EU!
  7. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Impressed that the Crystal Star got even that many votes!
  8. mindtwister_138 Force Ghost

star 3
    LOL! I promise I wasn't one of them.
  9. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Wasn't me neither. We have a closet voter in the house. :eek:
  10. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Looks like it's X-Wing Mercy Kill then. Woot!! =D=