main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA October 25th, Folsom Ren Faire - R0xx0rz t3h s0ckz0rz

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
  2. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm all for it, I had alot of fun last time.

3. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Ok, more scheduling...I looked at the link, and it says October 20th and 21st not the 25th. Are we aiming to do this as a group, and if so, which day??

4. darthmetalhead2

darthmetalhead2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    I never have had the opportunity to go to a Ren Fair until last year with Dawn and a few of you guys that went. I had a lot of fun and of all the things I did last year that was one of the best things. I am looking forward to going again whether it's the 20th or 21st of October.

Let me know who's planning on going and on what day :)

Talk to you later,

Alex

5. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah, that was real cool... I'm not sure who's going yet and if I'll get the day off for sure, but I'm looking forward to it... good to hear from you too!! Don't be such a stranger!

-TJ

6. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    And we even got to see Darth Vader there too! :)

7. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    The date is wrong. Its october 20 and 21.

8. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Hey Silly Bith, I already said that!8-}

9. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Oops sorry, Jedidoria! [face_whistling]

10. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    I say we try to plan it for the 20th for those who are into this sorta thing. RMH thingy is the following friday so I don't know how many others can play 3 weeks in a row.

11. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Works for me.

12. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    I thought we were having a RMH planning meeting that weekend. I might be wrong. I am all for the Ren Faire.

13. darthmetalhead2

Feb 16, 2007
    Yea that was quite something. At a Ren Faire we saw Darth Vader...I couldn't believe my eyes. Who knows maybe this year we will see Yoda. I wonder if it's one of those things like in E.T. and Star Wars where E.T. and Yoda traded off. Although seeing Captain Jack Sparrow there made a little more sense.

Well if October 20th is good for everyone then I'm game..at least there is the 21st as back up..but I'm looking forward to going again..hope to see everyone there :)

Alex

14. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Awesome! Ren Faire FTW!

-TJ

15. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    Alex! it's good to hear from you, you have been missed at the meetings. Hopefully all is well and I look forward to seeing you at this event, we had alot of fun last year.

16. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah! Stop avoiding us! :_| :p

-TJ

17. darthmetalhead2

Feb 16, 2007
    Sorry guys:

I have had some problems to deal with especially with working 7 days a week due to finances for me and belda to stay afloat. I got my car reposessed due to the fact that I can't afford the monthly payments anymore. There were a lot of personal issues that I had to deal with but mostly the fact that belda and I had to move out of her grandmother's house and now rent must be paid each month plus now I have to work as many hours as possible so that she and I can live comfortably. I will do my best to make it to the next meeting.

I still don't have a car anymore but I did purchase a scooter. If anything else I will try to make it to the next meeting on the scooter. I probably won't be able to make it to this months event for sure. I will for sure have to work the next few Saturday's and Sundays in a row because I have to pay my boss back for the advance money for the scooter. It's transportation for me to get to work. Eventually I may have to get another part time job somewhere either before or after I work Monday through Friday 4:30pm to 12:30am. If anyone has some leads on a part time job throughout the week then that would free up a heck of a lot more time during the weekends :)

Just to let everyone know as well I did meet Lavender Rose over the weekend as well and now I have a new sister :)

Let me know what anyone can come up with for part time..I am available part time either in the mornings or graveyard during Monday through Friday.

Talk to everyone soon :)

Alex

18. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Sorry to hear about the troubles that you and Belda are going through. I remember the early years with me and Earl and we went through similar times. All I can tell you is that it seemed like the worst of times when we went through it but now we have many fond memories of the experiences. It sounds like you are doing the right things to move forward. Get to us when you can, we understand that life is more important and we support you in what you need to do. :)

19. darthmetalhead2

Feb 16, 2007
    Thank You and I really appreciate the support :) I'm doing the best to stay positive. Being that I'm the breadwinner in the family Belda has more time than I do to attend most of these events. First before I do anything else I have to pay back my boss for helping me with the money for the scooter. I does seem like things are really tough right now but I know that with support and positive thinking like my grandfather told me repeatedly before he passed away is "to tell yourself that you will make it" and even though it's a struggle as long as rent gets paid and I can get to work then everything will run it's course by falling into place and work out :) I know many of you wonder why I don't do the tables..well I don't think I'd be a good husband if I skipped work and didn't properly do what must be done to make it. I know that one of the things I'm doing is waiting another year and half before I clear my 2 points off my DMV record. I do have a ticket but I also have an accident that wasn't my fault but my parents told me that I still need to put in for an insurance claim just for hitting the guard rail on the freeway with no one involved just to get the car fixed. I do plan to get a good driving job after my 2 points are cleared like either a courier or truck driving job in the state. Not national because then I'd never see Belda. But that's the plan..so for now it's going to be a little struggle but I know things will be better.

Again thank you everyone for your support :) (not quoting Bartles and James)

Alex

20. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    You're a good husband, Alex! :)

21. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    yes, yes. Take care of what you must and hopefully everything will work out and you can go to the Ren. Faire.

22. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Don't forget though Alex, that we have to put ourselves and our spouses in front also. As hard as it is, the people in the relationship need to be given the same amount of time and attention. Sometimes, we made decisions that weren't always the best financial ones but took care of the person that most needed caring for at the time. It seemed to always work out if the people were all taken care of. Belda needs you, too. More than just financially. :) You are a great provider, she is lucky that way. But try to enjoy the relationship along the way. It is why we do all the work. :)

23. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    I concur! :)

24. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
  25. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    This is going to be a fun trip! Can we all dress up like wenches and....Ren Men?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.